Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2016 11:43:00 AM EDT
I have a Coharie MP5 clone I SBRed and use as a host for my sear.

Should I have the barrel threaded 1/2x28 or get a 3lug adapter?

thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Your 3 lug adapter is going to have to attach to your barrel somehow...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your 3 lug adapter is going to have to attach to your barrel somehow...
View Quote
I was going the use the 3 lugs that are one the barrel now, If I go this route.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Three lug for sure. Won't back of while shooting.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Three lug for sure. Won't back of while shooting.
View Quote

I have never had a prob with cans backing off.

it would still threaded, hense the adapter part..
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a three lug put on one of my Uzi barrels; as already mentioned, it's great because three-lugged suppressors don't unscrew while you're shooting.

Since it's an MP5, it needs a three lug... to be correct.

Since most of the adapters thread on, it's not a big deal to have both the three lug and a threaded section if you want to screw on a can.  The later 'Navy' style MP5s were set up this way.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine had a three lug ..and then I went ahead and had it threaded....nowhere near as accurate now
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Mine had a three lug ..and then I went ahead and had it threaded....nowhere near as accurate now
View Quote

why do think that is?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

why do think that is?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why do think that is?

Start making changes to the barrel just about anything could happen ..I wanted to put an non three lug suppressor on it...should have just left it alone
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't have a sear, but I love the 3-lug on my K-PDW. When my Sten Mk. II clears, the first thing I'm going to do is put a short, 3-lug equipped barrel on it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]
For a PCR/Subgun 3 lug is the way to go.  MUCH better than threaded.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Traditional ARF answer - do both - just like the MP5 "Navy" barrel, with the 3-lug mount, and also threaded 1/2x28 with a thread protector.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Traditional ARF answer - do both - just like the MP5 "Navy" barrel, with the 3-lug mount, and also threaded 1/2x28 with a thread protector.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk-nfa-talk/15709d1380161272-do-i-have-real-mp5-navy-barrel-mp5-5.jpg
View Quote

This is the route I am going.

I dropped the gun off at the smith today.

Stand by for photos
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Be careful with using a knurled thread protector.See this thread, Gemtech made a smooth thread protector but that thread is 10 years old: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=207250

I personally use just the 3 lug on my MP5's and UZI's for 9mm.

I use thread mount for the UZI 22 kits and barrel nut mount for .45ACP UZI.

Good luck!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk-nfa-talk/15709d1380161272-do-i-have-real-mp5-navy-barrel-mp5-5.jpg

This is the route I am going.

I dropped the gun off at the smith today.

Stand by for photos

Be careful with using a knurled thread protector.See this thread, Gemtech made a smooth thread protector but that thread is 10 years old: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=207250

I personally use just the 3 lug on my MP5's and UZI's for 9mm.

I use thread mount for the UZI 22 kits and barrel nut mount for .45ACP UZI.

Good luck!

I use barrel nut on the Uzi in 9mm, And 45acp (When I can get a bolt) I have the GG lower and GM barrel. My 22 barrel is threaded. I got tried of cleaning the barrel tip.

Thanks for the link on the protector, I did not know the 3lug uses the barrel for support/alinement.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have recently seen several 3 lug adapters from HK parts.net that are undersize under the lugs......resulting in baffle strikes......I threaded and installed the adapter with less than .001 runout between centerline of the bore and but because of the undersize behind the lugs.....I had a customer bring his gun in and we measured .120 play with finger pressure at the front of the suppressor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have recently seen several 3 lug adapters from HK parts.net that are undersize under the lugs......resulting in baffle strikes......I threaded and installed the adapter with less than .001 runout between centerline of the bore and but because of the undersize behind the lugs.....I had a customer bring his gun in and we measured .120 play with finger pressure at the front of the suppressor.

Do you have any 3-lug manufacturers you reccomend? All I could find in stock was a hkparts adapter.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the mp5 back today and damn. It is nice.

I did 2 mags with a Bower's cac45 can and nother mag with a spare Evo 9 can.

The Evo looks great on the MG. I think Ill leave it there for now.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#18]
No pics, therefore lies.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No pics, therefore lies.
View Quote

Working on it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top