Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2016 6:11:48 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with this: link deleted by moderator.
- Technically sound?
- Durable?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a lightning link kit. Building it would be considered making a machinegun in violation of US code.

I would recommend a much safer to your personal freedom Binary trigger from Frankford Arsenal or Echo trigger from Fostech. They have a third fire position that fires on pull and release. It allows full auto rates of fire without risk of prison time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
People who buy this also buy Astroglide as an add on item.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]
It's legal to purchase the kit, but it isn't legal to use it to make the firearm full auto. The site even says:

"Though an ARFULLAUTO Kit could be quickly and easily modified to make fully-functional and complete parts that would make an AR-15 go full-auto, (about 30 seconds and a pair of pliers) this is not the purpose or intention of the kit, and making such modifications to the kit would likely be illegal in your jurisdiction.

The ARFULLAUTO Kit is provided for educational purposes ONLY!"

In other words, you're spending your money on something you cannot legally use. If you obey the law, you are wasting your money. If you make the "30 second" modification so your rifle is FA, then you've committed a felony.

Either way, the company gets their money. You are stuck with either a paperweight or jail time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
So people think this is a scam?

I was only intending to use this for its Education purposes  - you, know, to learn about full auto operation. Never intending to illegally modify.
I did wonder though, if it might be useful to have a few on hand, for me and my friends. You know, in case the legal environment ever...uhm....changes.

Here is the YouTube video, albeit it's not very informative (
https://youtu.be/Nhv4hMGdQ_g)

I actually don't live far from the listed company address. I was considering scouting it out, to see if it looks legit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Meh, easier to get a saw, and tin snips from home depot and make your own lightning link than to get tied up with these clowns
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, easier to get a saw, and tin snips from home depot and make your own lightning link than to get tied up with these clowns
View Quote

Isn't that illegal?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]

I don't think anybody knows,  think the true answer was probably lost to history years ago.

At this point, one can on really go off intent.

As long as one does not intend on willingly breaking the law, there really isn't anything to worry about.

How can one honestly recall what is legal and illegal consider how many regulations are on the books these day.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Isn't that illegal?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't that illegal?
Yes, but at least you can stay under the radar, since Home Depot isn't going to report your purchase of tin snips to the ATF.  Unlike those clowns.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Unless it's belt fed, I've just never felt undergunned without it.

Meh
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Locked. This is illegal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top