Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2016 8:45:53 PM EDT
All of my NFA items have been run through my LLC.  Knowing that 41f was around the corner I decided to send in two more Form1's before I had to go through that fingerprint and picture garbage.  My stamps came back last week (6 months on the nose) to SBS an O/U 12ga. and to SBR a 1927A1 Thompson.  Got the SBS done this evening.  Always wanted a Bears Bark 12 ga but everyone uses a SxS as the base gun.  I decided to do something a little different and use an O/U 12 ga.  Found a used Stoger Defender in my local shop for $200 which had a top picatinny rail and two side rails (used the side rails for another project).  Cut the barrels down to 10", reshaped the stock into a birds head grip, added an MRDS I had laying around, and refinished the furniture in a gray textured stone finish.

Don't think I will shoot anything other than Aquila mini slugs and mini buck.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done. I am almost finished with a 20 ga sxs sbs. Will be a week or two before I am done. I like the case.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Handsome
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Shot it for the first time yesterday with reduced recoil 00 Buck (1,250 fps).  A little stout but not too punishing on my 61 year old wrists.  Yesterday I picked up some Aguila mini Buck (1,000 fps) so that should be a pleasure to shoot.  Oddly enough the mini red dot sight was sighted in perfectly already for 10 yards.  All pellets stayed within the center of a torso size target.  Maximum spread was about 10".  With my off hand on the forend with thumb over the top rail and extended in a Weaver stance.  I can get on target almost as fast as any handgun I have..........but then again this is just a fun range toy, or is it
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Redonkulous.  I need one.

You should make a holster for it.  IWB.  Appendix carry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Just shot it with the Aguila Mini Buck rounds.  It is now such a cream puff I thought I was shooting dud/squibb rounds.  Almost no recoil or report.  A kid could shoot this one handed with the Aguila mini rounds if they could hold a 3 pound weight on target.  It was so much fun I almost wish this tiny package was a semi-auto fed by stick magazines.  Hmmmmmm that gives me an idea for a new project

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
What did you refinish the stock with?

How did you shorten the stock screw?

I absolutely love that. I have a sawed off side by side stoeger that I picked up an extra stock for so I could cut it down to pistol grip. Wasn't sure how to reattach it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I absolutely love that. I have a sawed off side by side stoeger that I picked up an extra stock for so I could cut it down to pistol grip. Wasn't sure how to reattach it.
View Quote

1) I used Krylon spray on coating.  It is their rough stone finish.  It comes in black, gray, and sand.

2) The original stock screw is just a 1/4 x 28 bolt that has a slot cut into the head so you can instal it with a slot head screwdriver or socket.  I went to ACE hardware and picked up a shorter bolt and cut the slot in the head myself.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

1) I used Krylon spray on coating.  It is their rough stone finish.  It comes in black, gray, and sand.

2) The original stock screw is just a 1/4 x 28 bolt that has a slot cut into the head so you can instal it with a slot head screwdriver or socket.  I went to ACE hardware and picked up a shorter bolt and cut the slot in the head myself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. My stock screw looks like this

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#9]
That coating looks great! Is there a hole in the back of the grip for the stock screw?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That coating looks great! Is there a hole in the back of the grip for the stock screw?
View Quote

Yes there is but you can't see it in my pictures.  I have been trying to come up with some sort of plug that I can use that will not be in the way and I can still take it out to remove the stock.  For now it remains open.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#11]
That looks excellent, nice work ! Glad you beat the 41F ruling. I wanted to also do a SXS Bears Bark before the ruling but didn't. Maybe next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top