Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2016 3:08:01 PM EDT
Anybody know the going price for a 1918 Winchester BAR?

I have not seen it yet, but its said to be in 95% condition, select fire... he is unsure of the model but he thinks its a 1918 and its deep blued. I am going to view it in the morning and I really need a quick lesson on these guns prices. The owner has had it for 15 years and it comes with some accessories including the cup that attaches to the belt to shoot off the hip.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody know the going price for a 1918 Winchester BAR?

I have not seen it yet, but its said to be in 95% condition, select fire... he is unsure of the model but he thinks its a 1918 and its deep blued. I am going to view it in the morning and I really need a quick lesson on these guns prices. The owner has had it for 15 years and it comes with some accessories including the cup that attaches to the belt to shoot off the hip.

Thanks,

View Quote

$20 to $25K.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I am seeing the group industries listed at on subguns and selling for on GB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/560899666

How is a ww1 Winchester the same price as a group industries? A colt was bid up to but did not sell at 35k and it had a 50k BIN. I cannot find any Winchester examples that have a price that have been sold lately.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what I am seeing the group industries listed at on subguns and selling for on GB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/560899666

How is a ww1 Winchester the same price as a group industries? A colt was bid up to but did not sell at 35k and it had a 50k BIN. I cannot find any Winchester examples that have a price that have been sold lately.

View Quote

I'm pretty sure the WW1 receivers were made out of a softer metal and was told to stay away if you plan on having it as a shooter.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's a true "95%" blued 1918, you're getting out of "shooter grade"......and into the 30K + value range.....

I'm seeing Pre-samples of different flavors in the 13-18K range, transferrable (mostly Group) guns in the low-mid 20's, and Colt/Winchesters 30K and up.......I'd venture that most are sold in small circles before they make it to the net.........

OOW had a Winchester that sold for 35K, and a lend lease marked Win 1918 sold for 30K over at 1919A4.com 3 years ago

The machinegun price guide is showing an avg. price of between 32 and 42K for C&R BAR's of all types.....

http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/us_mg_14.html

BTW.....the belt cup does a nice job of removing finish from your buttplate, and scratching the butt......
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
$35,000 or thereabouts would be my best guess as to a "reasonable" price. (The belt with the butt cup doesn't enter into this -- they are quite common.)

I had a transferable Winchester M1918 that I sold for $1,200 around the time of the 1986 Hughes Amendment cutoff. I thought, at the time, that I was making a tidy profit. Even after the Hughes Amendment passed, we didn't think it would escalate prices to the extent it has.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#7]
go over to machinegunboards.com and ask

these collector item type guns have a wide range of prices, you need to be careful when assigning a price tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top