Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2016 6:05:19 PM EDT
For those of you who have sold off a sizeable part of your title I collection to fund another transferable, did you end up regretting the decision? A while ago I sold off all the guns I didn't like and since then have built a nice little collection of guns every one of which I love. But a lot of them I shoot maybe once a year at most, mostly because they're the only one I own in that caliber and I no longer have the time to reload the ammo. Some are also antiques too old/rare/expensive to shoot, so now I just look at and handle them or show them off to guests. So I often consider selling off some of the more expensive pieces to get another transferable. But I'm really on the fence about it because I have a tough time picking which ones I wouldn't mind selling.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have sold title-1 firearms on several occasions to fund transferable MGs. In every case I have not missed the guns I sold, as the MG provides much more enjoyment. I recently sold of several Swiss SIG 55x, a Steyr AUG A3, several LE marked Colt ARs, spare Steyr USR barrel, and a S&B 4-16x PMII in order to fund a fleming HK sear installed in a SEF frame. The only item I really miss is the S&B. A transferable MG is always better than a collection of title-1 firearms.

I'm now considering selling a fairly rare LE trade in SIG 551-2 with 16" barrel and without any import marks (meaning it was likely drop shipped from Switzerland to the LE agency). I have a hankering for a transferable AUG and honestly I am not as enamored by the 16" 551 as I once was.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
A few months ago I sold off a mint DCM M1D that I had never shot and was afraid to shoot in fear of messing up the scope crosshairs. I had the gun 10 years sold it and bought a transferable. I had to throw some cash in the deal but I got a Suomi which I have always wanted and will actually enjoy shooting.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For those of you who have sold off a sizeable part of your title I collection to fund another transferable, did you end up regretting the decision? A while ago I sold off all the guns I didn't like and since then have built a nice little collection of guns every one of which I love. But a lot of them I shoot maybe once a year at most, mostly because they're the only one I own in that caliber and I no longer have the time to reload the ammo. Some are also antiques too old/rare/expensive to shoot, so now I just look at and handle them or show them off to guests. So I often consider selling off some of the more expensive pieces to get another transferable. But I'm really on the fence about it because I have a tough time picking which ones I wouldn't mind selling.
View Quote

The question is why?  Sell one or two firearms to fund setting up your SOT/FFL07. Do some transfers on the side to pay for the next years fees and build some posties. Build SBR's and buy suppressors tax free for yourself too. When you get tired of MG's (you will in a few years) destroy your FA lowers and ditch the FFL. Every non MG NFA item you bought or built transfers to you for free, so you save a bunch of money if you buy quite a few suppressors or build a stack of SBR's. Just saying...why sell most of your collection off to pay for a toy that you will only justify keeping in a few years when the cool factor wears off by telling yourself it's an "investment"...
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

cms81586, Doing that is a great way to get your FFL/SOT pulled, and possibly even face federal tax evasion charges. Plus, don't forget you have to pay $2,250 each year in ITAR, above and beyond your licensing fees ... and whatever other costs you will incur, because before ATF grants an 07, they check your zoning (must be light manufacturing zoned at a minimum), EPA waste disposal, etc. Add up the total costs and it really still is cheaper to buy transferables.

As far as getting tired of MGs ... I started buying my own in 1994, with a Colt factory M16A1. Now I've put over 50k rounds through it, and I'm still buying new uppers and trying new configurations. I figure I will get tired of it a month or two after I am buried, and not a minute sooner. Of course, Your Mileage May Vary.

OP, about that Colt M16A1: After the AW ban was passed in '94, I saw the writing on the wall. I had two SP1 rifles (one regular finish, one factory Coltguard). I sold them, kicked in $800 cash and an as-new, no-box M16A1 was mine. Do I regret selling them? Not a bit.

After that, I sold off all my safe queens, and scrimped and saved, and ended up with a nice group of transferable MGs. But I realized the only two that I always took to the range was the '16 and my Vector Uzi, so in 2007/8 I sold off the rest for way more than I had in my entire collection. Today I have a free M16A1, free Uzi, about 40 Title 1 firearms and around 80k in ammo ... all of which did not cost me one single cent.

Most of my remaining Title 1 guns are inheritances (the first handgun I ever shot, the first rimfire rifle, first magnum rifle, etc.) which I would never sell. It's a wonderful feel to aim and pull the trigger on a gun that I first shot in 1956!!! Some things never change ... though my eyesight has.

As far as those two SP1's I "lost" in '94: Today I also have (remember, for free) three AR SBRs, and a couple of Title 1 ARs. One looks just like an SP1, though it is a clone of my M16A1, right down to the roll marks and serial number (thanks, Braceman!).

So no, I don't regret my decision.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The question is why?  Sell one or two firearms to fund setting up your SOT/FFL07. Do some transfers on the side to pay for the next years fees and build some posties. Build SBR's and buy suppressors tax free for yourself too. When you get tired of MG's (you will in a few years) destroy your FA lowers and ditch the FFL. Every non MG NFA item you bought or built transfers to you for free, so you save a bunch of money if you buy quite a few suppressors or build a stack of SBR's. Just saying...why sell most of your collection off to pay for a toy that you will only justify keeping in a few years when the cool factor wears off by telling yourself it's an "investment"...

cms81586, Doing that is a great way to get your FFL/SOT pulled, and possibly even face federal tax evasion charges. Plus, don't forget you have to pay $2,250 each year in ITAR, above and beyond your licensing fees ... and whatever other costs you will incur, because before ATF grants an 07, they check your zoning (must be light manufacturing zoned at a minimum), EPA waste disposal, etc. Add up the total costs and it really still is cheaper to buy transferables.

As far as getting tired of MGs ... I started buying my own in 1994, with a Colt factory M16A1. Now I've put over 50k rounds through it, and I'm still buying new uppers and trying new configurations. I figure I will get tired of it a month or two after I am buried, and not a minute sooner. Of course, Your Mileage May Vary.

OP, about that Colt M16A1: After the AW ban was passed in '94, I saw the writing on the wall. I had two SP1 rifles (one regular finish, one factory Coltguard). I sold them, kicked in $800 cash and an as-new, no-box M16A1 was mine. Do I regret selling them? Not a bit.

After that, I sold off all my safe queens, and scrimped and saved, and ended up with a nice group of transferable MGs. But I realized the only two that I always took to the range was the '16 and my Vector Uzi, so in 2007/8 I sold off the rest for way more than I had in my entire collection. Today I have a free M16A1, free Uzi, about 40 Title 1 firearms and around 80k in ammo ... all of which did not cost me one single cent.

Most of my remaining Title 1 guns are inheritances (the first handgun I ever shot, the first rimfire rifle, first magnum rifle, etc.) which I would never sell. It's a wonderful feel to aim and pull the trigger on a gun that I first shot in 1956!!! Some things never change ... though my eyesight has.

As far as those two SP1's I "lost" in '94: Today I also have (remember, for free) three AR SBRs, and a couple of Title 1 ARs. One looks just like an SP1, though it is a clone of my M16A1, right down to the roll marks and serial number (thanks, Braceman!).

So no, I don't regret my decision.

As a legitimate business....no...it's not at all.  Those perks come along with the license, and as long as you continue doing business as an SOT it's perfectly legit.  You just cannot hold a license for the purpose of building your own little post sample collection...or to purchase NFA items and surrendering your FFL in a year.  It's easily justified when you're conducting R&D and manufacturing products.  Depending on where you live, zoning is a complete non-issue.  As for ITAR...I've yet to see it enforced for any small MFG who does not conduct imports/exports.  Even paying ITAR for a decade puts you at less than the cost of an M-16.

You had the advantage of purchasing MG's within a decade of FOPA.  The opportunities for someone to pick up a MG for a fair price these days are long gone, making the SOT route very advantageous for individuals willing to put the work into a business while enjoying their hobby. You're also the exception to the rule with NFA toys.  Most people buy them...show them to their friends...shoot them a little...and within a few years rarely use them.  I would much rather have an operating business which the advantage of having a few MG's floating around than an extremely expensive and somewhat rare transferable firearm which could be destroyed with one bad round and an OOB.  That's much more palatable with a $49 lower and $150 into a sear and FCG.  Different strokes I guess.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I first got interested in MGs around '97 and have been buying transferable MGs since '02. I have never grown tired of shooting full auto. The cool factor has not worn off, nor do I believe that it ever will. Quite the contrary, I find shooting semiautos kind of boring, unless shooting rifles at moderate distance.

Different strokes for different folks, but me personally the luster of full auto has never worn off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:24:47 AM EDT
[#7]
i sold a yugo AK an M70AB2 for $650.  i sold it for about $200-ish more than i bought it for.  i used to to pay down some of the $4500 M10/9.  this was like 2009 or 2010.

ETA: i'm looking at selling more stuff to help fund my purchase of MOD3's.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I sold an AK and a .30-30 to help fund my m11/9 purchase ($3200 last year). I kind of regret the AK (sar-1) because I had it since 2003. Oh well. I'll just buy a better made one in the future. I'd love to sell some stuff to fund an M16A1 purchase ($21K), but part of me can't justify spending that much on a gun, knowing the value will go up though. I could sell my m11/9 with all my accessories and profit quite a bit. I have some older rifles that are worth some money, like my m1's, 1903a4, old winchester 1873, my other AK's, savage bolt gun, etc. Its hard to spend that much on a gun when you don't have that much money. If I won't the lotto I'd probably buy a few though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I've always preferred quality over quantity. I only own two title I firearms, a pistol for concealed carry and a AR-10 DMR, but do need to pick up a shotgun for shooting sporting clays one of these days. The rest of my collection is NFA items including a MG. I'm a bit younger than your avg MG owner so I never really had a chance to build much of a collection like those who have been shooting for decades but if I did I would sell them to fund a MG purchase with no hesitation. I have sold parts and accessories in the past to fund suppressors and other NFA items and never regretted it.

As for the comments on becoming a FFL/SOT, that route is only an option for those who are planning to run a legitimate business. It can costs thousands of dollars in fees and taxes each year so unless you're wanting to own dozens of MGs it really not worth it. Plus it's like renting, you pay several grand a year, every year and in the end when you stop running your business you have to sell the guns and have nothing to show for it. A transferable has more up front cost but it's like an investment, it goes up in value each year and can be kept for life and passed on to heirs. I would rather have 1 transferable than a dozen post samples and have to deal with running a business on the side to do so. I don't shoot nearly enough to justify it and if you pick the right transferable, like a Mac, M16 or HK Sear you can have dozens of different MG all in one providing endless fun.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I sold off a bunch of title 1 guns just after the 1994 assault weapons ban to fund my first machinegun. I don't regret it at all. All I would say, is make sure you have a couple places to shoot before you make the move. It's hard to find places that allow the shooting of full auto weapons. And be ready to pony up lots of money for ammo! If you're really on the fence, maybe a short barreled rifle with a Fostech echo trigger would be enough to scratch your itch. It would be much cheaper and still lots of fun.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've always preferred quality over quantity. I only own two title I firearms, a pistol for concealed carry and a AR-10 DMR, but do need to pick up a shotgun for shooting sporting clays one of these days. The rest of my collection is NFA items including a MG. I'm a bit younger than your avg MG owner so I never really had a chance to build much of a collection like those who have been shooting for decades but if I did I would sell them to fund a MG purchase with no hesitation. I have sold parts and accessories in the past to fund suppressors and other NFA items and never regretted it.

As for the comments on becoming a FFL/SOT, that route is only an option for those who are planning to run a legitimate business. It can costs thousands of dollars in fees and taxes each year so unless you're wanting to own dozens of MGs it really not worth it. Plus it's like renting, you pay several grand a year, every year and in the end when you stop running your business you have to sell the guns and have nothing to show for it. A transferable has more up front cost but it's like an investment, it goes up in value each year and can be kept for life and passed on to heirs. I would rather have 1 transferable than a dozen post samples and have to deal with running a business on the side to do so. I don't shoot nearly enough to justify it and if you pick the right transferable, like a Mac, M16 or HK Sear you can have dozens of different MG all in one providing endless fun.
View Quote

$550/year is not that unreasonable to pay for the ability to have some post sample MG's and MFG suppressors for the market.  Plus you can buy pre-may dealer samples.  Again...everyone's situation is different.  I'm not paying $25,000+ for an M16 lower that should cost $100.  That's just me...
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

$550/year is not that unreasonable to pay for the ability to have some post sample MG's and MFG suppressors for the market.  Plus you can buy pre-may dealer samples.  Again...everyone's situation is different.  I'm not paying $25,000+ for an M16 lower that should cost $100.  That's just me...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel you, it is frustrating seeing the price of MGs. If you want post samples an FFL/SOT is your only option
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the feedback. Guess I should've mentioned this would be my 3rd transferable; I've owned an M11/9 for a few years (love it!) and just bought an S&W 76, plus I have about a half dozen 9mm suppressors. I'm not new to the NFA game.

The whole SOT/manufacturer discussion is not something I am interested in considering.

The more I seriously consider selling off title I the more it makes sense, although honestly I'm not sure what the next transferable I'd buy within the $6-8k range would be. I suppose tossing in a few grand extra to get a fixed stock AC556 would make sense given I already have two 9mm subguns. A fatmac PS Mac10 in .45 would be an obvious choice as well, although a side benefit of my collection consolidation is eliminating rarely shot calibers, and .45acp would be one of those. The other obvious choice is a Sten, but I've spent some time on a Sten mk2 and really did not enjoy it at all.

The difficult part is that I really do enjoy the title I stuff I'd be selling off. My Steyr M1905 is an example - it's one of the earliest semi-auto's every produced (derivative of the Steyr M1900) and for a while I had the only video on youtube of one being safely live fired. Handling it is really cool given it's all handfitted in a way guns haven't been made in 100yrs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwsoOD59N_U. Shooting fullauto is cool, but so is shooting one of the very first semiauto pistols...that's kind of my conundrum here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#15]
The only things you shouldn't sell are

1. The basic food groups.  Don't sell your 12 ga 870 wingmaster, you'll just end up buying it again.

2. Guns with strong sentimental value, like the Luger your dad bought back from WWII.

aside from that, all you're doing is simply deciding how to spend a sum of money, with some or all of the money locked up in guns instead of a bank account.

I totally disagree with the "never sell a gun" guys, that mentality makes no sense

suppose you had $25,000 in the bank

you might go and get yourself a Thompson or an M16

but suppose instead that you have $12,000 in cash and $13,000 worth of guns you never use

according to the "never sell a gun" guys, that means you shouldn't get the Thompson.  Because it's better to have 20 guns you don't ever touch than a Thompson

so anyway, to summarize:  yes, you should absolutely sell off part of a gun collection to get a better collection

antique, stamp, coin, toy, car collectors do it all the time

I went around all my gun storage spots and gathered up all the debris I've accumulated like grips, parts, slings, scope rings, etc.   Including an MEC sizemaster loader I haven't touched in 20 years

sold it all on ebay, came out to over $2000 total.

if you do a smart job selling your stuff, it can add up
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The only things you shouldn't sell are

1. The basic food groups.  Don't sell your 12 ga 870 wingmaster, you'll just end up buying it again.

2. Guns with strong sentimental value, like the Luger your dad bought back from WWII.

aside from that, all you're doing is simply deciding how to spend a sum of money, with some or all of the money locked up in guns instead of a bank account.

I totally disagree with the "never sell a gun" guys, that mentality makes no sense

suppose you had $25,000 in the bank

you might go and get yourself a Thompson or an M16

but suppose instead that you have $12,000 in cash and $13,000 worth of guns you never use

according to the "never sell a gun" guys, that means you shouldn't get the Thompson.  Because it's better to have 20 guns you don't ever touch than a Thompson

so anyway, to summarize:  yes, you should absolutely sell off part of a gun collection to get a better collection

antique, stamp, coin, toy, car collectors do it all the time

I went around all my gun storage spots and gathered up all the debris I've accumulated like grips, parts, slings, scope rings, etc.   Including an MEC sizemaster loader I haven't touched in 20 years

sold it all on ebay, came out to over $2000 total.

if you do a smart job selling your stuff, it can add up
View Quote

Exactly. It is amazing how much cash you can raise by selling random stuff you've accumulated. With regard to "never sell a firearm", I will say my motto is "never sell a transferable MG", unless of course it is to buy other transferable MGs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:50:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I am not good at selling guns.

I have never sold title one guns to buy MG. But I have some MGs to buy better MGs.

I really wish I had not done so money wise.

There was a time I owned 15/16 Macs. I sold a few Macs to buy my HK sear. I am happy I did it, but I left money on the table..
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have never sold title one guns to buy MG. But I have some MGs to buy better MGs.

There was a time I owned 15/16 Macs. I sold a few Macs to buy my HK sear. I am happy I did it, but I left money on the table..
View Quote

macs have increased in value faster than HK Sears in the last few years but dollars and cents aside most people would rather have the HK sear than a half dozen macs
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

selling guns is simple

you take big bright clear pictures and post them up to gunbroker, and the gun sells itself

here's your description:

"MAC10 on a form 4.  Runs great.  See photos.  Feel free to ask me any questions you like, questions are welcome.  All NFA laws apply."

Put the gun up for $6500 or whatever MACs sell for nowadays.  It will sit unsold for a few weeks, you'll get a bunch of dumb questions from tire kickers like "does this gun take regular ammo?"

and then somebody will buy it.

easy peasy lemon squeezy

If you take it to a gun shop they will offer you 50 cents on the dollar

If you want to know what the current "retail" price on an MG is, go to reuben mediola's website, his prices are "high gunbroker"

or look at the actual completed auctions on gunbroker
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

macs have increased in value faster than HK Sears in the last few years but dollars and cents aside most people would rather have the HK sear than a half dozen macs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes indeed

I would absolutely sell off 5 or 6 MACs for an HK sear or an M16 or a Thompson

as long as I got the full current retail value on the MACs

MACs are good guns but why have 15 of them

MACs and UZIs just about doubled in price around 2012-2013 but I don't know that they are outpacing the rest of the MG market at this point

MGs seem to go up in jumps and not all at the same time

for example, very recently the USGI WWII M1 and M1A1 Thompsons jumped up from around $17-18k to around $25k, but the rest of the Thompson market did not follow suit.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I agree.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
selling guns is simple

you take big bright clear pictures and post them up to gunbroker, and the gun sells itself

here's your description:

"MAC10 on a form 4.  Runs great.  See photos.  Feel free to ask me any questions you like, questions are welcome.  All NFA laws apply."

Put the gun up for $6500 or whatever MACs sell for nowadays.  It will sit unsold for a few weeks, you'll get a bunch of dumb questions from tire kickers like "does this gun take regular ammo?"

easy peasy lemon squeezy

If you want to know what the current "retail" price on an MG is, go to reuben mediola's website, his prices are "high gunbroker"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

selling guns is simple

here's your description:

easy peasy lemon squeezy

I mean, I am a hoarder.

You know when you read the paper and hear of some old guy died and there were dozens and dozens of MGs, 100's of reg firearms, and 100k's of ammo. Yeah thats me, I do not like to sell firearms
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I borrowed $$ against my cars and paid my self back. But i have also sold some that i never used.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Sold 80% of my normal collection to buy my first NFA, a FA Colt M16A1....now it's a 1000% bigger collection with multiple FA.

Do it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

selling guns is simple

here's your description:

easy peasy lemon squeezy

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

selling guns is simple

here's your description:

easy peasy lemon squeezy

Went to a new gun store to look around, it was very tactical to say the least.

I was interested in sbr ak's and I mentioned I had a converted IMI with the blocking bar removed.

I was then told that was the least desirable uzi and I would be lucky to get $7500 for the gun.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I was interested in sbr ak's and I mentioned I had a converted IMI with the blocking bar removed.

I was then told that was the least desirable uzi and I would be lucky to get $7500 for the gun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

selling guns is simple

here's your description:

easy peasy lemon squeezy

I guess they have never seen a unregistered BW bolt, in a unmodded RR.

can not move the bolt to anther gun, can't convert the gun. anything breaks you have to fix it. can not just replace it
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

What a dipshit. Did you set him straight?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

selling guns is simple

here's your description:

easy peasy lemon squeezy

well a gun shop is the place to get the hard facts about guns

did he tell you about how M16 bullets tumble in flight, causing massive wounds?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I sold a number of title I firearms to buy my M-10/45.  That was about 4 years ago and at the time the $4k I paid for it seemed a little on the high side, but it was in state, was in great shape, and had all the original parts, manual, etc. plus a Lage upper and folding stock, a pile of magazines, and a suppressor.  

I don't regret it at all, and I still haven't replaced all the title I guns I sold (with new toys, not the same ones bought again).  Then again until a couple of months ago I went through a gun buying drought that lasted nearly 3 years.  It is probably the only machinegun I will ever own, I do have several SBRs and suppressors.  I do stand a decent chance of inheriting a fairly substantial amount of money from my parents (hopefully not soon).  If that happens, after all the priorities are taken care of  (house paid off, college for the kids, significant savings/investments) and if there is money left over for toys, I will buy a M16 and hopefully whatever is available in a reliable full-auto .22 LR.  I have three sons and I would like to will each of them a machinegun if possible.

Other than that, I plan to content myself with title I guns, SBRs, and suppressors. I never thought I'd own even a single machinegun, so it is all gravy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#30]
last time I sold a bunch of title I guns was the newtown scare, but then I went and did something dumb, I was responsible and paid off my remaining student debt instead of buying more machine guns.

Anyway, title I or MG, they will probably all end up being confiscated by the government.

You really don't need and/or can effectively use more than 10-20 title I guns.  You can probably say the same about 2-3 machine guns.  Buy what makes you happy.  I know its a heckuva lot easier storing $20k of machine guns vs. $20k of run of mill title I guns.

The price of MGs has gotten annoying though.  I take them to my buddy's cabin and can't let them out of my sight.  Running to the bar or restaurant isn't much of an option on the trips I take them along.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks guys. I've decided to sell off my historic guns to move into another subgun. I love my older guns, but I'm more into modern guns now and would like to consolidate calibers, so it makes sense to sell off these first. I'll hang onto my modern title I stuff for now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. I've decided to sell off my historic guns to move into another subgun. I love my older guns, but I'm more into modern guns now and would like to consolidate calibers, so it makes sense to sell off these first. I'll hang onto my modern title I stuff for now.
View Quote

What you planning to get?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already have two 9mm subguns (Lage'd M11/9 and an S&W 76) but a Sten is really the only choice in my price range and also in 9mm. So I'd like to find a non-C&R Sten around $6k.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I already have two 9mm subguns (Lage'd M11/9 and an S&W 76) but a Sten is really the only choice in my price range and also in 9mm. So I'd like to find a non-C&R Sten around $6k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a fun gun. Reisings should also be in that price range as well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd get the reising before the sten
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top