Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2016 12:09:01 PM EDT
How do these compare to the original semi auto MAC pistols in both construction and design?

Mac Pistol

Is there another current manufacture that makes these that are better made?

Is the conversion process on these the same as it was on the old Semi MAC pistols.  (Yes or no is all I need, no details on how to do it)

I am looking to build a post sample FYI.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
So does that mean these current builds are far to much work to convert?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:13:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So does that mean these current builds are far to much work to convert?
View Quote

Pains in the ass to convert, in addition to illegal.  But of course still possible - any semi auto firearm can be made full auto with tools, ingenuity and time.

The "readily convertible" ruling in the early 80s was meant to make people work harder to convert their semis - nothing more.

On an open bolt semi mac, you literally just had to file down or remove a part to convert it into a machinegun - where the lore of "filing down the firing pin" came from (though inaccurate, and silly).
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Did not take any real mods to convert old open bolts.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:28:15 AM EDT
[#7]
There was a guy at the range who had one of the original open bolt semi-auto ones.

He let me try it before I left. It was pretty weird shooting it in semi only as you could feel the bolt mass move and it threw off your point-of-aim.

Even though I don't agree with the ruling, I can see why ATF made them change the design.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top