Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2016 11:12:43 AM EDT
My form 1 to SBS my Wingmaster just got approved, so now I need a barrel.

Does anyone know a good place to source a blued factory Wingmaster 14" barrel, or am I better off just buying one and getting it cut?
Additionally, what sort of sights should I get? My receiver isn't drilled for a rear ghost sight so that leaves me with just barrel mounted options.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Botach has 14" 870 NFA barrels.  They sell all three, 14" fixed mod choke with bead sight, 14" fixed mod choke with rifle sights, and 14" Remchoke with rifle sights.  I'd suggest you get the one with the remchoke.  They also list a 11" barrel, be advised that it WILL NOT FIT a standard 870, it's for the 870 MCS system sold to the military.

https://www.botach.com/remington-shotgun-barrels-11-14-18-inches/
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw those but they are all parkarized, I need a blued barrel. I went ahead and purchased a factory 14" off gunbroker that had a fixed mod choke and a bead sight.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#3]
To the best of my knowledge, Rem does not make a blued 14" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I spoke to an LE dealer and apparently they will on a special order basis. I opted not to order one due to the 3 month lead time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
For future reference, it is pretty easy to cut down a shotgun bbl. You can also get them threaded for chokes if that is your desire.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Does anyone know a good place to source a blued factory Wingmaster 14" barrel, or am I better off just buying one and getting it cut?
Additionally, what sort of sights should I get? My receiver isn't drilled for a rear ghost sight so that leaves me with just barrel mounted options.
View Quote

You can cut a barrel with pipe cutter.  It makes a clean accurate cut.  Just deburr and rock on.  Use grease on the rollers so they don't mark.  

Scattergun Tech ghost rings are easy to install.  Drilling and tapping the 870 receiver is a piece of cake.  The front sight attaches with Devcon Pro-steel Epoxy.  I have done several and all stay in place.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Cut your own barrel or have it done.  I would put ghost ring sights on it and have it threaded for replaceable chokes so you have options depending on loads and distances you want to set the gun up for otherwise set it up for modified choke and leave it (best all-around IMO).
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Just buy a barrel of your choice and send it to Rose Action Sports, they will take care of you

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Mega Dittos on Rose Action Sports.  I sent him two  14" 870 barrels to thread for choke tubes, he had them back to me in just over a week.  Quality work!
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can cut a barrel with pipe cutter.  It makes a clean accurate cut.  Just deburr and rock on.  Use grease on the rollers so they don't mark.  

Scattergun Tech ghost rings are easy to install.  Drilling and tapping the 870 receiver is a piece of cake.  The front sight attaches with Devcon Pro-steel Epoxy.  I have done several and all stay in place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the trick to centering the front sight?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Do they make a taller bead for use with a 14"ish barrel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top