Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2016 2:33:12 PM EDT
Not the debate you're thinking of!  I don't care about shooting ballistic gel, rather, I care about shooting steel knock-down targets with a sub-machine gun.  I have a gun I'm trying to set up for a subgun match.  I can use any caliber .380 or larger in the competition, and I can configure my particular gun in 9mm or 45ACP.

I was originally all in for the 9mm setup, but many of the shots need to be made as singles where, in an open-bolt SMG, neither caliber has a distinct advantage.  Other targets are setup where they take 3-4 hits from 9mm on F/A to knock down.  I think .45 could do this faster and maybe save me a mag change by the end of said targets.

In your opinion or experience, is it more useful to have the burst-controllability of the 9, or the ability to better slap down targets (that require multiple hits) with the .45?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top