Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2016 4:58:10 PM EDT
Thinking of picking up a semi auto m60e3 made by Delta Arms. Any issues with reliability or anything? Whats the trigger pull like?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thinking of picking up a semi auto m60e3 made by Delta Arms. Any issues with reliability or anything? Whats the trigger pull like?
View Quote

Prob not much info here with it not being class 3. Maybe another forum would be better? No sure off the top of my head.

I think mechanical they are different being closed bolt vs open bolt design.

FWIW the last semi auto m60 I saw was like $10k+ , you can buy a real machine gun for that price. Granted it won't be a belt fed, but I'd take a mac10, ruger ac556 or other entry level MG over a semi auto belt fed

Also you might want to look into a semi auto m1919, I've seen kits for like $2-3k and sometimes used ones pop up for around $2k. Plus there are a couple different trigger cranks out there that are a lot of fun. Set it up on a tripod and people of all ages can sit down behind it and buzz through some rounds, nice full auto feel at a fraction of the price.

But hey if you have your heart set on a semi auto m60 rock out!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had 3 different models of m60. They a definitely iconic. But holy crap lug one around for a while with a couple of belts and they get heavy. Fun for photo shoots and to impress people but I sold them all. They hold their value though. Buy wisely, play with it for a while, sell it and make some cash. I bought them over 10yrs and probably shot them collectively 2 dozen times.

Buy one, you won't loose money and then you call tell folks you had one. And then sell it and buy something else.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:09:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Prob not much info here with it not being class 3. Maybe another forum would be better? No sure off the top of my head.

FWIW the last semi auto m60 I saw was like $10k+ , you can buy a real machine gun for that price. Granted it won't be a belt fed, but I'd take a mac10, ruger ac556 or other entry level MG over a semi auto belt fed

Also you might want to look into a semi auto m1919, I've seen kits for like $2-3k and sometimes used ones pop up for around $2k. Plus there are a couple different trigger cranks out there that are a lot of fun. Set it up on a tripod and people of all ages can sit down behind it and buzz through some rounds, nice full auto feel at a fraction of the price.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I would have gone the MG route however I live in a state that doesnt allow MGs so thats not an option
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Honestly, I would have gone the MG route however I live in a state that doesnt allow MGs so thats not an option
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah fair enough, sorry to hear that. Best of luck in your quest for the m60
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd suggest spending the money on a full-auto M60 and keeping it in Oregon or Idaho.  I suspect a semi-auto M60 would get old pretty fast.  I know that a full-auto M60 puts a smile on my face even after a decade of ownership.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:14:00 AM EDT
[#6]
listen to NHJoe.

Quoted:

I'd suggest spending the money on a full-auto M60 and keeping it in Oregon or Idaho.  I suspect a semi-auto M60 would get old pretty fast.  I know that a full-auto M60 puts a smile on my face even after a decade of ownership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
listen to NHJoe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
listen to NHJoe.

Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the fun of owning a MG if you can't have I in your home?! I tuck mine in every night before bed
Plus there's a little bit of a price difference, like $10k vs $50k!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top