Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2016 12:21:55 AM EDT

I got my machine pistol back from the gunsmith, who is a respected machine pistol smith.

He took the registered sear out of the original host (S&W 659) and installed it into a 5906 TSW. At first, I was going to install the sear into a 5906 Performance Center, but I like the idea of being able to install a front vertical grip, which on a registered machine pistol is legal to do. So I decided on the 5906 TSW.

The downside to installing the sear into the 5906 is that I can no longer use the swing down folding pistol stock. This is a minor downside because I don't like the stock.

Here is a video of me shooting the machine pistol. I've been shooting it for about a month, and with practice, I'm getting better. It's a lot of fun. With practice, it's becoming easier to manage.

https://youtu.be/TV8ni6MVb1c

Will someone be kind enough to embed the video into post?

Here is a pic of the machine pistol with the new host, a Smith&Wesson 5906 TSW, aka the S&W Tactical9. This is a registered NFA machine gun.

How does one reduce the size of these pics?

Here's one of the 7inch targets from the above shooting session. Shot from 10 yards.

Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude that is badass!
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:33:41 AM EDT
[#2]
neat
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you get higher capacity mags?  The ROF didn't seem too high.  Looks like you had decent control.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Tagged for at home!
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Neat!! I'm curious what the internals look like though. I never heard of this type of registered sear before.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Neat!! I'm curious what the internals look like though. I never heard of this type of registered sear before.
View Quote

2A, Yes, I have several 30 round magazines.

Thanks, Osprey!

Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The Glock machine pistols do nothing for me but that is one damn sexy pistol!
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Can you get higher capacity mags?  The ROF didn't seem too high.  Looks like you had decent control.

Thanks for sharing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
pants = tight
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
so kewl
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#13]
That's a great gun!
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:58:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing.
View Quote

Seemed pretty high to me
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Try a FA broom handle, everything is slow afterwards
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:20:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Killer dude!  Hope to see it one day.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome. Looked quite controllable
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

try it sometime

I'd love to see someone hang a huge sheet of clean paper 25 yards downrange

big enough to catch all the bullets

and then shoot a mag at a 6" target black right in the center

people can get awesome at shooting those kind of guns but I think most people would end up with a 25 yard group that was 2 feet wide by 15 feet tall

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

try it sometime

people can get awesome at shooting those kind of guns but I think most people would end up with a 25 yard group that was 2 feet wide by 15 feet tall

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

try it sometime

The same thing can be said of an M16/FA AR, if given to an inexperienced M16 shooter.

We've all heard people say that a 223 FA is totally uncontrollable. Those of us who have experience with the M16 platform know that assertion to be totally untrue.

Most people shooting a machine pistol wouldn't know how to shoot it because the machine gun ban made them so rare that no one gets to shoot and familiarize themselves with a machine pistol.

That's not really the fault of the tool.

The machine pistol requires lots of practice and perfect form to shoot well, but it's very usuable and controllable.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The same thing can be said of an M16/FA AR, if given to an inexperienced M16 shooter.

We've all heard people say that a 223 FA is totally uncontrollable. Those of us who have experience with the M16 platform know that assertion to be totally untrue.

Most people shooting a machine pistol wouldn't know how to shoot it because the machine gun ban made them so rare that no one gets to shoot and familiarize themselves with a machine pistol.

The machine pistol requires lots of practice and perfect form to shoot well, but it's very usuable and controllable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

try it sometime

After watching experienced bolt and semi auto shooters turn an Uzi and an M16 into anti-aircraft guns in the full auto mode, I have installed vertical front grips on both guns.  Not a total cure, but appears to help reduce 'climb'.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

try it sometime

you don't see any difference between a full length shoulder fired automatic rifle and a full auto handgun?

I sure do
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Of course there's a difference. No doubt that a stock equipped automatic rifle is much easier to shoot than a machine pistol.

My point is that you can't base the effectiveness of a firearm on the inexperienced users' results.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

try it sometime

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

try it sometime

Jerry Miculek to the white courtesy phone please, Jerry Miculek to the courtesy phone.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like fun
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Of course there's a difference. No doubt that a stock equipped automatic rifle is much easier to shoot than a machine pistol.

My point is that you can't base the effectiveness of a firearm on the inexperienced users' results.
View Quote

It's a cool gun and it looks fun to shoot but the effectiveness as a weapon is going to be hugely degraded by the lack of stability.

What you can do with that pistol at 10 yards, a guy with a Thompson can do at 150 yards.

If a full auto pistol was a good weapon, then no military would have used submachine guns.

Why are security personnel all over the world walking around with UZIs and HKs and M4s and not full auto handguns?

If you take a MAC10 and extend the stock and hold it on the handgrip with both hands, you easily can put all 32 shots onto a milkbottle target at 25 yards.

Try it without the stock, you're lucky if 10 shots hit the target.  As soon as you pull the trigger the gun starts climbing and the muzzle jerks up and down violently as the bold slams forward and backward.

Every time I have a discussion like this, people assure me that I'm just a bad shot and that they can shoot a 50 BMG one handed like Robocop.

But then whenever I go to the range, somehow it turns out that I'm the best shot there.

That weird, isn't it?  
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Now we're just arguing arguendo.

I get everything you're saying. I'm not debating those points.

My only point is that a machine pistol is a lot more controllable than most people think. I'm not making a comparison statement As to whether this or that is more effective. That's a different premise, altogether.

Again, my only argument is this: the machine pistol is a lot more controllable than what most people think.

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most people who shoot my Glock 18C for the first time do not get 5 bullets downrange before the recoil causes a limp wrist induced stove-pipe.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why are security personnel all over the world walking around with UZIs and HKs and M4s and not full auto handguns?

View Quote

Concealment, compactness. weight, etc., are not an issue?

You are comparing apples to oranges. F/A Machine Pistols are designed for a specific purpose. Comparing to other guns not designed for that purpose is not really much of a comparison.

Let's be serious here. If it were not for the ban, would anyone buy a S/A pistol? Probably not as who would make one? Just make a select fire and let the user decide how to use it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#29]
The discussion has two parts now:

Are machine pistols more controllable than most people think?  Maybe?  Who knows how most people think?  Most people don't know much, so I guess it depends on how optimistic or pessimistic the people in question are.

Are machine pistols a useful weapon?  I guess I would base that on the practical real life use of them.  We can speculate forever about it, but the proof of the pudding is how many police or military types are actually using them.  Does the US secret service use them?  SAS?  LAPD SWAT?  I wonder how many Glock 18s are used compared to sub-compact subguns like the FN P90.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#30]
On another note...

Here's a slo-mo close up video of my pistol. You can see how the gun moves during F/A fire. It looks like the second round goes high, and the final two or three rounds also go high. The first and middle rounds all land practically on target (7x7 inch targ at 10 yards).

Here's my video. I've been shooting this gun for a couple of months.

https://youtu.be/nPTFefFpxWc

I can't find any machine pistol tutorials, so I'm self-teaching and experimenting with different stances and grips.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
so kewl
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top