Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 4:03:25 PM EDT
Are complete full auto uppers available for purchase for a re-build?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
us machine gun sells one
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are complete full auto uppers available for purchase for a re-build?
View Quote

Pretty much every part is available. If the gun is a Stephenville Texas or Jersy gun some uppers might need fitting. FYI the Stephenville guns lower parts have some differences and those might be harder to find.

The other option is to get on the waiting list for a lage upper. They slow the rate of fire down and make the guns a lot more controllable. Thats the path I went for with mine.

Practical solutions also sells a side charging regular upper with a rail on the top.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought several aftermarket uppers for my Powder Springs M10. Be aware that they all (including the Lage) are thinner where the front mount pin goes in. Without having receiver tabs welded to take up the slack, mine started to wear in the holes from the play, so I am not using anything but the original one until I get that done.

I seem to recal one of the venders can refurbish or rebarrel originals if you prefer that route.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought several aftermarket uppers for my Powder Springs M10. Be aware that they all (including the Lage) are thinner where the front mount pin goes in. Without having receiver tabs welded to take up the slack, mine started to wear in the holes from the play, so I am not using anything but the original one until I get that done.

I seem to recal one of the venders can refurbish or rebarrel originals if you prefer that route.
View Quote

Yea if you don't have those extra tabs welded in it isn't a bad idea to have it done. You will loose compatibility with the original upper but it will be stronger and you have a bunch of options for replacement top ends.

Good news with the M10 and M11 guns is they are simple steel and repairable. Sam at Practical Solutions just got my texas M10 back to me. He re-welded the rear, put a new pistol grip/magwell on it, and converted it to use standard m10 parts(I actually preferred the m1 style safety the texas guns had but having parts you can source is more important).
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yea if you don't have those extra tabs welded in it isn't a bad idea to have it done. You will loose compatibility with the original upper but it will be stronger and you have a bunch of options for replacement top ends.

Good news with the M10 and M11 guns is they are simple steel and repairable. Sam at Practical Solutions just got my texas M10 back to me. He re-welded the rear, put a new pistol grip/magwell on it, and converted it to use standard m10 parts(I actually preferred the m1 style safety the texas guns had but having parts you can source is more important).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me ask you guys a question. The one I just bought didn't come with a stock upper but rather just a Lage. Is it worth me trying to buy an original upper? I had thought that it might make the gun worth a bit more. Thoughts?

Here's a pic of the gun I just bought

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I think most people want to lage uppers(I know the m11 market seems to have jumped up a lot faster once they came out).

Personally when I had mine rebuilt I didn't even send in the original upper to make sure it would work right. I just didn't care. The rate of fire is a good bit higher and the gun is far less controllable with the stock uppers. If practical solutions ever makes more of their 22 uppers thats what I would get(I kinda wish I had one for cheaper F/A fun). If you do want to get a standard upper I'd personally go for one of the side charging modern ones anyway that have a rail on the top of sights. Some want stock guns but in my case I bought the M10 because of the lage uppers. I guess for most the raise in value of having the stock upper with it will be less than the cost of the stock upper.

Here is how mine is setup.

It turns some heads at the range. I was shooting today with my friend(he was shooting a cmp m1, I had the m10 and my suppressed ar-10). When we stopped a few guys walked over to see what the hell I was doing. I ended up loading a few mags with 5 rounds and letting a few guys shoot it.

Edit: On the plus side since your gun has the lage grip installed it should have their dual mag release with it. That means you can run unmodified g3 mags vs finding the mags that have been modified for the m10(or doing it yourself).
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:Let me ask you guys a question. The one I just bought didn't come with a stock upper but rather just a Lage. Is it worth me trying to buy an original upper? I had thought that it might make the gun worth a bit more. Thoughts?
View Quote

When it comes to the large frame M10s, I think I prefer the factory upper.  A Lage upper makes them a controllable beast, but a beast nonetheless.  I would consider a side cocker with rail, and perhaps the Uzi style folding stock.  M11/9 and M11A1 are a different story.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Powder Springs M10. Be aware that they all (including the Lage) are thinner where the front mount pin goes in.
View Quote

Okay, I didn't know that aftermarket uppers were thinner in that area.  Time for me to look at the upper I have at home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top