Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2015 11:25:00 AM EDT
Anyone have issues with their 16" m6a2 not cycling with a suppressor on it since it doesn't have the adjustable gas block. Any buffer or spring changes needed?  Waiting on the paperwork for a saker and have seen that some people have had this issue.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have issues with their 16" m6a2 not cycling with a suppressor on it since it doesn't have the adjustable gas block. Any buffer or spring changes needed?  Waiting on the paperwork for a saker and have seen that some people have had this issue.
View Quote

Typically putting a suppressor on a rifle will increase the back pressure, causing the action to cucle faster and putting more carbon filled gas into the action meaning it gets dirty faster.

So it will def cycle, however it could be cycling too fast causing mechanical problems like double feed and various others jams and extraction issues. These can be remedied easily with heavier buffer to absorb some of the extra energy coming from the gas tube but the best way is an adjustable gas block to reduce the amount of gas pushing on the BCG. With an adjustable gas block you can also cut the gas way down and switch to lightweight buffers and BCG, making the rifle recoil less and weigh less.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Any good adj gas blocks for that rifle that you know of
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not familiar with that exact model but I use the SLR gas block and have had good luck with it
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok I'll have to check it out thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top