Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2015 7:12:05 PM EDT
mac10 556mm upper do they still make one?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, the company that made them was sold and the new owners didn't want to bother with it, so no more are currently being made, to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, the SABRE M10 upper is dead.

It's a shame, I would loved to pick up one up.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I got on the list for one for my M11/9 early on in the game, never heard anything back and never pressed the issue. Wasn't too terribly excited about drilling a hole in the receiver (thanks ATF ), and IIRC there was a ridiculous amount of small screws holding the upper together, along with a proprietary BCG.

I wish to hell Lage would come out with one, as compatible with AR/M16 parts as possible (BCG, etc). I even voiced this to them one the phone one time back when I was waiting for the SABRE. Come on Lage, you'd sell a metric shit-ton of them if done right which I'm sure you're capable of.

ETA: Even using a proprietary BCG, I'd trust Lage far more as far as long term availability of parts versus AA, apparently for good reason.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#4]
No personal experience, but from what I've read, weight (about 13+ lbs for the complete, operational package?) was also an issue for at least some people.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No personal experience, but from what I've read, weight (about 13+ lbs for the complete, operational package?) was also an issue for at least some people.
View Quote

Yeah, I also read they were heavy.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:38:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two.

They're pretty fuckin' heavy, especially as compared to a similar AR.

They work well in full auto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top