Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2015 9:02:42 AM EDT
I sold a .338LM bolt gun and was looking for a replacement. I have a committed to an MP5A2 with A3 stock. A factory demo gun. It's on GB. I almost never buy from there but I missed out on a similar gun last summer by 15min. It was sold while my partners and I were going over a long list of machineguns another 07/02 had given us. I want this one. I'm working on getting the law letter taken care of and have been coresponding with the seller. He wants me to send an original to HK in Columbus GA and a copy of it along with payment and my info to him in PA. The gun will ship from HK's warehouse in GA and be taken off of HK's books.

Okay I'm here asking the experts if this is legit. The buyer has an A+ rating

Thanks for the help,lol. Gun is legit and will soon be mine. Will post pics on arrival.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Several dealers do this, that orders from others and place them with the manufacturers(HK, FNH, Colt...).  He is just marking the gun up and selling it to you.  Check with him to make sure you don't also need a letter for Customs.  If the gun is still in bond it will require a seperate letter for Customs and have to be approved by them too.  They can be slower than the BAFTE too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be wrong, but I thought HK was no longer shipping to dealers, only direct to agencies. Hence the reason for $13k asking prices on the MP7's.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been in contact with Leslie at HK and it's rather simple. She just needs an original law letter and notification from seller.
As far as markup goes, I can't build one for what I'm paying.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
How much?

Not more than $1500 I hope.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:17:06 AM EDT
[#5]
There is an 07/03 that deals with FN that requires the same hoop jumping. No big deal and it's legit.

Renegade: search gunbroker for "post sample mp5a3" if it is the one I'm thinking of it is currently at $2900. Seller claims it is in "unissued condition".

$1200 too much IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top