Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2015 2:50:57 AM EDT
I have a MK2 sten made by FAKTS of Houston, TX can anyone tell me about who this was?
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure this was Fred Kasse's company.  He was a well know collector/dealer who ran around with Dolf Goldsmith and the like.  He was friends with my father, and he died a few years back.  
Good times,
Blake
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure this was Fred Kasse's company.  He was a well know collector/dealer who ran around with Dolf Goldsmith and the like.  He was friends with my father, and he died a few years back.  
Good times,
Blake
View Quote

Is there any info available about him, his company or his builds?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
There was an interview with dolf goldsmith in Small arms review a few years ago that talked about Fred quite a bit.  Like i say, he was a good dude but i was a small child when i met him.  I have seen several of his 1919s, and a few conversions he did but i personally havent seen a STEN that he built.

Good times
Blake
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was an interview with dolf goldsmith in Small arms review a few years ago that talked about Fred quite a bit.  Like i say, he was a good dude but i was a small child when i met him.  I have seen several of his 1919s, and a few conversions he did but i personally havent seen a STEN that he built.

Good times
Blake
View Quote

Its an OK gun. I had to have some welds redone and the ejector was too short and had to be replaced (also welded into the receiver)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top