Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BUY an FNC!

I think people are NUTS for not buying these up.  Scared about extra parts? Then buy an extra semi for 3K, done.

The M16 is NOT 3x the gun, and yes I have both a FA FNC and M16A1.

Another unbid FNC for 11K on GB.

The Mac is pretty much a pile of shit.  Mine sits in the safe, it's just a toy.  IMHO the LAGE stuff is lipstick on a pig.
View Quote

Since yours is such a piece of shit, can I buy it at a piece of shit price?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Mines no different than anyone elses.

Its only cool to new MG owners.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mines no different than anyone elses.

Its only cool to new MG owners.

View Quote

Then sell it and put the proceeds towards one of those $11,000 FNCs you've been yammering about.

My Lage Mac 10/9 mk2 & Mac11a1 31k are great great weapons....and I have fired plenty of full auto HKs to judge.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Go with the M11/9. Lots of extras and options right now. I have an M11/9 and am glad I bought that one. Looked at an M10/45 but the 9mm conversion kits are not that reliable. Plus there is no current .22 kit for them. Lage has all the stuff you will ever need for the M11.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

BUY an FNC!

I think people are NUTS for not buying these up.  Scared about extra parts? Then buy an extra semi for 3K, done.

The M16 is NOT 3x the gun, and yes I have both a FA FNC and M16A1.

Another unbid FNC for 11K on GB.

The Mac is pretty much a pile of shit.  Mine sits in the safe, it's just a toy.  IMHO the LAGE stuff is lipstick on a pig.
View Quote

AHAHAHAHAhaha!!!  SPARE PARTS GUN FOR $3K.   HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ANOTHER UNBID FNC ON GB!!!   HAHAHAHAHAHA

MAC  is a pile of shit.   HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Lage stuff lipstick on a pig.   HHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thank you for the hyperbole and ridiculous statements. I have not laughed that hard all day. The FNC is a nice rifle but nobody makes anything for it. There are no spare parts available. And nobody cares enough to buy one. Lage Manufacturing along with a dozen other companies make replacement EVERYTHING for the M10, M11, and M11a1 subguns. The pig is the FNC, a rifle that is only good in movies.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Spare parts are a bitch, which is one of the primary reasons why I traded off one of my two FNCs recently.  (and I have collected a decent stash of spare parts to boot over the past decade or so)

By the time you pay $11,000 for an FNC, plus $3000 for a semi spare parts host you are within spitting distance of a non-Colt M16.

There was a guy earlier this year that broke his FNC bolt and spent a significant amount of time looking for one online.   It appears I was the only one who had a spare FNC bolt I would be willing to part with  and sold him a gently used spare bolt for $800.  I now only have one spare left  and that one is going to stay with me.

Its a no-brainer for me to spend an extra grand for a $15,000 Oly M16 over an $11,000 FNC + $3000 Spare parts kit.    For your extra grand you would spend to get the M16, you get the ability to run dozens of calibers, its infinitely configurable, and the industry provides an unlimited supply of inexpensive spare parts shipped overnight to your doorstep.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Spare parts are a bitch, which is one of the primary reasons why I traded off one of my two FNCs recently.  (and I have collected a decent stash of spare parts to boot over the past decade or so)

By the time you pay $11,000 for an FNC, plus $3000 for a semi spare parts host you are within spitting distance of a non-Colt M16.

There was a guy earlier this year that broke his FNC bolt and spent a significant amount of time looking for one online.   It appears I was the only one who had a spare FNC bolt I would be willing to part with  and sold him a gently used spare bolt for $800.  I now only have one spare left  and that one is going to stay with me.

Its a no-brainer for me to spend an extra grand for a $15,000 Oly M16 over an $11,000 FNC + $3000 Spare parts kit.    For your extra grand you would spend to get the M16, you get the ability to run dozens of calibers, its infinitely configurable, and the industry provides an unlimited supply of inexpensive spare parts shipped overnight to your doorstep.
View Quote

Agreed.  But the FNC does allow a "payment plan" in smaller steps:

$3000 Semi
$5500 Sear
$800 Install

Versus 15-25K up front for a M16 type (haven't seen a 15K example for a while).

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]
The pig is the FNC, a rifle that is only good in movies.

View Quote

That is about the most ridiculous statement I've heard and of course with no facts to back that up.

Having TONS of spare parts doesn't make a weapon better.  Only cheaper for the user when things break.  

Things break a lot on the M11, not so on the FNC.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$3000 Semi
$5500 Sear
$800 Install

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$3000 Semi
$5500 Sear
$800 Install

Unfortunately,  I think the only payment plan anyone should count on when purchasing on an FNC today is going to be a full gun via credit card.  I have not seen more than one bare FNC sear for sale in at least a year, maybe going on two years.  Machinegunprice guide shows a "count on one hand"number for sale since 2012.  The glory days for buying a raw sear, host, and paying for the install ended back in 2010, 11, and maybe early 2012.

Granted you could get into an FNC for $11K-ish and payment plan out the semi parts kit 6 months later once your paperwork is approved or just wait until you finally broke something (and then hope to find a part or eat the semi cost at that time)  A bit short sighted in my estimation but no denying it could be done that way.

$15K non-Colt M16s are not super rare.  David Spiwak sold half a dozen NIB Oly's acouple months back for $15K and I bought another Oly at the beginning of the year for $12K.  Granted you wont trip over $15K SP1s, Olys, and EAs online but they are out there.

A couple $15K M16 in the past month or two.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=502605162
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=512028947
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I remember when my brother bought a M11 for 450.00 plus suppressor....1985.  The dope sold it a number of years ago along with several other full auto weapons.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#12]
The humble .380

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#13]
For whats its worth I just picks up a 1985  used but not abused M11 for $4600 with 25 zytles and original upper. Fair price I think. Local buyer. 2 month turnaround on individual to individual transfer which was nice.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I remember when my brother bought a M11 for 450.00 plus suppressor....1985.  The dope sold it a number of years ago along with several other full auto weapons.
View Quote

Yeah my uncle did as well in the early 90s. They doubled in value and he decided to cash out his unexpected investment. It's a shame he didn't hold onto a couple of them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Why does it make him a dope?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yeah my uncle did as well in the early 90s. They doubled in value and he decided to cash out his unexpected investment. It's a shame he didn't hold onto a couple of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here I sold 6 NIB mac 11s to raise some cash for my HK sear, and a AK.

I still have 5 NIB 11s, a 11a1, 5 more mac 10s.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy smoke s i want to b ur friend
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, I have a lot more then that...

But there are a ton of guys with cooler stuff then me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

In 1998 (or was it 1999), a bunch of NIB Mac's hit the market.  JLM had two pallets as I recall.  They were selling for $350 each.  I bought 5, most of which were consecutive serial numbers.

Now I'm down to my last one, show below with Lage additions.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im pretty sure he sold it to help buy a mustang which he totaled shortly after buying it.

So he went from an appreciating asset to a depreciating asset which he then destroyed

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats not fair, i wasnt even born in 1986 when all you were buying cheap MGs
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a problem, I'm hear to help. PM me and I'll get you my dealers info so we can begin the transfer
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Im pretty sure he sold it to help buy a mustang which he totaled shortly after buying it.

So he went from an appreciating asset to a depreciating asset which he then destroyed
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By

Cheap??

I did not start NFA (cans) till 06, and MGs till 08/09

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Cheap??

I did not start NFA (cans) till 06, and MGs till 08/09
View Quote

Fair enough. I assumed you started buying back in the good ol days
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:05:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Unfortunately the prices are going up all the time so if you wait too long for the lowest price, you may end up paying more than if you just got one reasonably priced now.

Plus you will be missing all of the fun in the meantime.

The video and pic below are from tonight's range trip.

The target after the mag dump.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got interested in full auto when I was 15 from reading the gun rags.
Unfortunately I was 16 years old on that fateful day in 1986 when I was old enough to know I was fucked and too young to do anything about it.

After 20 + years of misinformation I finally got into it, just wish I could round up all the geezers and dipshits who told me lies about NFA ownership and punch them all in the nuts.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Unfortunately the prices are going up all the time so if you wait too long for the lowest price, you may end up paying more than if you just got one reasonably priced now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxY5D34K6gI

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w676/8afuzzball/arfc/bd0c5a4b-0be6-48a3-8c35-111270529875_zps9npzajne.jpg

View Quote

That's an amazing group! How many rounds does that mag hold??

Can't believe I stumbled onto the Class 3 firearms subforum here... I didn't know MGs were obtainable for under $5000. Makes me rethink buying the M249S!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:26:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Can't believe I stumbled onto the Class 3 firearms subforum here... I didn't know MGs were obtainable for under $5000. Makes me rethink buying the M249S!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxY5D34K6gI

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w676/8afuzzball/arfc/bd0c5a4b-0be6-48a3-8c35-111270529875_zps9npzajne.jpg

That drum holds 71 rounds.

If you think that was a good grouping, how about this one from an American 180 with a 275 round drum?  (Video of that mag dump below).

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#28]
There is a mac10 converted from Semi auto to Fa at the SAR show for 5k

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:28:00 AM EDT
[#29]
A MAC10 with silencer just sold tonight on GB for $5050. Dealer was FG.

Selling the MAC with the silencer probably hurt the price by a few hundred.

Selling a suppressor with a MG almost always hurts the gavel price of a MG.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I bought in the '80's when my Thompson M1A cost me $650, my Fleming converted AR 15 was $1,200 (IIRC), my Smith '76 from the local PD at $750, my Sten was $200, my Uzi was $700, and, believe it or not, the local Sheriffs office offered me two (yes, 2) 1921 Thompsons in their FBI hardcase with 50 round drums and stick mags for $2,500.00 so they could buy new red lights.  I was out of money.  

I now have a great Sterling and it ain't going anywhere.  Got it for $7,900 last year when others were offering me those for $10k-11k.  Look around and shop around and be ready to buy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top