Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2015 9:49:35 AM EDT
I've been saving for a while, and this is the only one that's affordable to me, seeing as to how I'm not rich, and am paying for daycare and formula right now. I consider it to be a poor mans SMG. I've wanted one for a long time. Sure, had I gone a different route in life than the military then law enforcement, then maybe I could get an M16, but regardless, I love my purchase.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what all to get for it, and start saving for a Lage upper.

I've already found a lage m11/22 kit for a good price, and plan on getting a side cocking upper. I'm trying to figure out the best way to suppress the M11/22 kit. I'm thinking about sending the lage 22 kit and the upper/barrel to usmachinegun and having them chop the barrel and thread the insert with an adapter for my spectre II.

Here's a pic. Not bad for $3200 in today's market.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#1]
the best suppressor value for the money is the bowers

get the 9mm and use it for 9 and 22

the customer service is the best of any gun vendor I ever dealt with

the M11/9 is not a poor man's gun

poor guys don't own $5000 firearms

when they're selling for $10,000 you'll be glad you locked in now

in stock form, the gun is something of a turd

but the Lage stuff completely cured that problem and it's only going to get better going forward

it's a good choice for a shooter MG

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
bowers. get the .22 kit for the lage upper and not the conversion for the stock upper.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#3]
nice score, especially the $$!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
SCORE!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Impressive deal, thats a $4-5k MG easily. And as others have stated there is no such thing as a poor mans machine gun anymore, aside from maybe a bump fire stock.

My first upgrade for it would be a suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Jesus, where did you score that for $3200???????  Have they got another?  Fantastic price!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Great deal. I'm jelly
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Fantastic deal, Congrats!    

As others have said Bowers suppressors work great with these - it is what I use on my MAC 10/9.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I'm trying to see reviews on other suppressors that would also be reasonable on a pistol, like an octane 45.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I'm trying to see reviews on other suppressors that would also be reasonable on a pistol, like an octane 45.
View Quote

I'd honestly just got with a dedicated can for this gun. $400 for a bowers that is rated to burn through mags and is big enough to not even worry about running dirty ass .22lr through it is worth it.

Think about it this way, even with the cost of the gun, a bowers and both stamps your still under the going rate of just 11/9s today.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Which bowers can and where can it be found for 400?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got a C9 something or other. just got from my local guy Cherokee Gun and Pawn.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I got a C9 something or other. just got from my local guy Cherokee Gun and Pawn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, good price!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Great fine.  I love my M-11 with the Lage more than my UZI, Being south paw, it just shoots better for me.

Congratulation,
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#16]
So where and do they have more?
I kinda sold mine on a whim and having been thinking of getting another one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably a CAC9. I've got a couple for my MACs and Uzis. They work  well and are reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome deal on that Mac and thank you for your service telsonman!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Probably a CAC9. I've got a couple for my MACs and Uzis. They work  well and are reasonably priced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sounds right. it's a big sucker but it works great.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#20]
very nice.  Good find!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#21]
That is a very nice gun.

You will have lots of fun.

Protect that gun and take care of it because it must also exist for future generations.

Enjoy and congratulations!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I have the Bowers Vers9s and it is a great can.  One of the advantages is that they offer thread conversions that screw into the can which will allow you to use it on that upper, the Lage upper and any other configuration you can think of.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Congrats! Nothing like your first MG.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:59:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Another vote for Bowers. I love my VERS 9S. Rugid construction, quiet and controls the gas well. Plus incredible customer service and support from Tom/Dorothy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 1:37:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I've got a Bowers VERS 50 that I use on my 458 SOCOM and all 9mm MG's and it's been great. Much less blowback than on my Trident.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Another vote for Bowers. I love my VERS 9S. Rugid construction, quiet and controls the gas well. Plus incredible customer service and support from Tom/Dorothy.
View Quote

Another one for the Vers9S...Love it. Shorter and lighter than the CAC9.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#27]
But I would figure those bowers cans would be a tad big to use on a glock. I'm looking for versatility
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But I would figure those bowers cans would be a tad big to use on a glock. I'm looking for versatility
View Quote

I tried it on my G19, It was comical.

My point was that for the $$$ you saved with the deal you got, you can get a dedicated can for this gun AND another that would work better on your semis for net less money than if you had only purchased the MAC at the market price.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

you are going to be disappointed with a pistol sized can on that smg

lots of gas comes out of a subgun, you need a big volume can

if you didn't, everyone would have a small can on their MG
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#30]
I bought a brand new in the box M11/9 from a dealer for $3400 in 2011

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#31]
CAC9 to the end.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#32]
In looking at the pic, it looks like Clyde Armory... but it's hard to tell. Wanna clarify OP?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In looking at the pic, it looks like Clyde Armory... but it's hard to tell. Wanna clarify OP?
View Quote

That is correct. They were awesome to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#34]
That's a great deal! I love my m11/ nine and equipped with the max11k upper there isn't anything better for the money. The octane 9 works great with very little blowback and very quiet.
http://youtu.be/QC4DqhMhjnI
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Would an Octane 45 with 9mm endcap do well? I'm thinking that way Vs a bowers can because eventually in going to get a Lage upper and I've read that pistol cans work with the slower rate of fire.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's a great deal! I love my m11/ nine and equipped with the max11k upper there isn't anything better for the money. The octane 9 works great with very little blowback and very quiet.
http://youtu.be/QC4DqhMhjnI
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Would an Octane 45 with 9mm endcap do well? I'm thinking that way Vs a bowers can because eventually in going to get a Lage upper and I've read that pistol cans work with the slower rate of fire.
View Quote

This is the exact boat I'm in.  Although I'm heavily leaning towards the bowers Vers 9s.  Just waiting to hear from the owners about some questions I have, which I can't seem to find any answers for.
The Vers 9s is not much larger than a pistol can.  And it IS meant for subguns.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me know when you wanna go shooting. I have a pretty nice range set up in Elbert County. Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Im jelly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This is the exact boat I'm in.  Although I'm heavily leaning towards the bowers Vers 9s.  Just waiting to hear from the owners about some questions I have, which I can't seem to find any answers for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought a M 10/9 a few months ago, got on the Lage list and purchased the Octane 45k with a 9mm end cap. My thought was I did not want a big can with the Lage upper. Still have a couple of months before I will know how it works out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Great buy, that's what I paid for mine in 2011.  Bowers is good for a suppressor I have the vers9, but don't hold your breath for their promised 3 lug adapter. Lage Max31 is great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top