Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought of this thread when I saw this. I've never seen one of these.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=492219967
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought of this thread when I saw this. I've never seen one of these.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=492219967
View Quote

Bill Holmes is sort of a pioneer of home-made guns. Loved his Model 89 shotgun, way ahead of its time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 4:18:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Regarding the MK19, if you have that much money, it may just be easier to travel the world and make friends with a General in a 3rd world country and play with his toys.   I am sure you will end up with better stories than hanging out with a bunch of gun nerds at a local range lobbing $100 practice rounds.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you own a MK19 and are shooting practice grenades at practice range YOU'RE the cool kit.

If you hang out with a 3rd world dictator and shoot his guns, HE'S the cool kid.

Just saying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regarding the MK19, if you have that much money, it may just be easier to travel the world and make friends with a General in a 3rd world country and play with his toys.   I am sure you will end up with better stories than hanging out with a bunch of gun nerds at a local range lobbing $100 practice rounds.

If you own a MK19 and are shooting practice grenades at practice range YOU'RE the cool kit.

If you hang out with a 3rd world dictator and shoot his guns, HE'S the cool kid.

Just saying.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Here is the image of an article posted by Osprey21.

Here is a pic of one of the guns now.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your advice. Many thanks to Osprey21, as I couldn't find this SAR article anywhere. Very informative article.

For some reason, I think this will be my favorite gun, by far.

When the form 4 is approved, I will post a video of the gun in action. I'm thinking of changing hosts to a 5906 Performance Center. Although, the look and bulk of the 659 has kind of grown on me. Decisions, decisions.

FYI, the above pics are registered machine guns, otherwise, it would not be legal to attach a stock to a pistol.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet gun!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]

I thought it would be interesting to keep a thread on my search for a machine pistol.

So I'll keep updating this thread until the day I am able to take this gun home and shoot it at the range. I will post a video of the gun, once it is at the range.

Today, the gun arrived at my dealer, as the form 3 was approved last week.

I was able to hold the gun for the first time.

The form 4 will start tomorrow.

This is a transferable machine pistol. When I am finally able to take possession, with approval of the form 4, I am going to mostly shoot it without the stock.

This is going to be my favorite MG. It is the coolest MG I have held.

Note: this is a registered NFA machine gun. It is illegal to attach a stock to a non-NFA title 1 handgun.

With stock folded...

With stock extended...

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I thought it would be interesting to keep a thread on my search for a machine pistol.

So I'll keep updating this thread until the day I am able to take this gun home and shoot it at the range. I will post a video of the gun, once it is at the range.

Today, the gun arrived at my dealer, as the form 3 was approved last week.

I was able to hold the gun for the first time.

The form 4 will start tomorrow.

This is a transferable machine pistol. When I am finally able to take possession, with approval of the form 4, I am going to mostly shoot it without the stock.

This is going to be my favorite MG. It is the coolest MG I have held.

Note: this is a registered NFA machine gun. It is illegal to attach a stock to a non-NFA title 1 handgun.

With stock folded...

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/klimate10/Mobile%20Uploads/image_31.jpg

With stock extended...

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/klimate10/Mobile%20Uploads/image_32.jpg

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/klimate10/Mobile%20Uploads/image_33.jpg

View Quote

that is simply gorgeous!!

And is it sad I know where you took the photos from only the wood floor? LOL

Is the Frame the MG, or a removable device?

Does it take 59 mags?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a lot of fun :)
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#11]
It has a registered MG sear that, from the explanation that I was given, acts to deactivate the disconnector.  The gun itself is a host. It works sort of like the RDIAS in an M16.

I intend to put the sear into a 5906 TSW (aka Smith and Wesson 'Tac 9), as soon as I am able to find a Tac 9. If I can't find a Tac 9, I'll compromise and install it into a Performance Center 5906. The only downside to moving the sear to the 5900 series guns is that due to the wrap around grip, the stock can't be installed in the 5900 series (moving the sear requires a smith, as Captain Montys' SAR article stated). I wouldn't trust a beginner family member, or my fiance or friends to shoot this gun without a stock, so I might end up keeping it in the 659, as they'll all want to shoot it.

And yes, it uses standard 59 series magazines. I have plenty of magazines and replacement hosts.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Very nice! Oh, and your dealer's hardwood floors are very classy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Very nice! Oh, and your dealer's hardwood floors are very classy.
View Quote

As is the James Bond suit jacket
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It has a registered MG sear that, from the explanation that I was given, acts to deactivate the disconnector.  The gun itself is a host. It works sort of like the RDIAS in an M16.

I intend to put the sear into a 5906 TSW (aka Smith and Wesson 'Tac 9), as soon as I am able to find a Tac 9. If I can't find a Tac 9, I'll compromise and install it into a Performance Center 5906. The only downside to moving the sear to the 5900 series guns is that due to the wrap around grip, the stock can't be installed in the 5900 series (moving the sear requires a smith, as Captain Montys' SAR article stated). I wouldn't trust a beginner family member, or my fiance or friends to shoot this gun without a stock, so I might end up keeping it in the 659, as they'll all want to shoot it.

And yes, it uses standard 59 series magazines. I have plenty of magazines and replacement hosts.

View Quote

I thought I real it was a device. good

I must have 14 2nd/3rd gen Smiths right now. So your lil gun is much to my liking.

I saw your post in the reloading section, do you plan to reload for the 9mm also? or just buy and blast?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm stocking up on 659s and 5906s. Anytime I see them reasonably priced on GB, I buy them.

I only reload. I don't trust factory ammo. I have a 1050 that is dedicated to reloading 9mm. It's the easiest caliber to reload. I can spit out 600 rounds per sixty minutes, and that's reloading at a leisurely rate. Reloading is a great hobby.

If I can figure out how to post videos, I'll make a video in about 4 months.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'm stocking up on 659s and 5906s. Anytime I see them reasonably priced on GB, I buy them.

I only reload. I don't trust factory ammo. I have a 1050 that is dedicated to reloading 9mm. It's the easiest caliber to reload. I can spit out 600 rounds per sixty minutes, and that's reloading at a leisurely rate. Reloading is a great hobby.

View Quote

What is your BIN price for a 659 or a 5906?

I used to have a super 1050, I now only have  a pair of 650s, and a few square deals.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
I used to have a super 1050, I now only have a pair of 650s, and a few square deals.

I don't really have a BIN price. I have a price analysis, in my head, and I bid based on that.

For the 659, I would say a fair price is $250 for fair condition to $400 for good condition to $500+ for excellent or near mint. Also, there are several generations within the 659s, and that generational difference contributes to a +/-$25 price difference.

The 5906 standard model can go from $299 for a really beat up gun to $500+ for an excellent condition gun. Collectors love official roll marks on the 5906. For example, if the gun is min/excellent and has a California Highway Patrol roll mark, you're talking $750+. There is a guy who has a number of 5906 with Canadian Royal Mounted Police roll marks, and his asking is $1600 (no takers for a while...probably because that's a wishful price).

Maybe it's a sign of getting old, but I really like the metal framed guns. I like them much more than the polymer guns. I love the Sigs, the old S&Ws, the old Colts. I get the weigh saving thing, especially for concealed carry, but there's something spectacular about the workmanship and overall look of the stainless steel all metal guns.

Thanks for the compliment on the suit, Spartikis!  I pride myself in dressing well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't have a boxful, not yet.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Photo of box full of S&W 3rd Gens?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Photo of box full of S&W 3rd Gens?

I have 15 NOW

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I used to have a super 1050, I now only have a pair of 650s, and a few square deals.
I don't really have a BIN price. I have a price analysis, in my head, and I bid based on that.

For the 659, I would say a fair price is $250 for fair condition to $400 for good condition to $500+ for excellent or near mint. Also, there are several generations within the 659s, and that generational difference contributes to a +/-$25 price difference.

The 5906 standard model can go from $299 for a really beat up gun to $500+ for an excellent condition gun. Collectors love official roll marks on the 5906. For example, if the gun is min/excellent and has a California Highway Patrol roll mark, you're talking $750+. There is a guy who has a number of 5906 with Canadian Royal Mounted Police roll marks, and his asking is $1600 (no takers for a while...probably because that's a wishful price).

Maybe it's a sign of getting old, but I really like the metal framed guns. I like them much more than the polymer guns. I love the Sigs, the old S&Ws, the old Colts. I get the weigh saving thing, especially for concealed carry, but there's something spectacular about the workmanship and overall look of the stainless steel all metal guns.

Thanks for the compliment on the suit, Spartikis!  I pride myself in dressing well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I 2nd your opinion on the price of 659, and 5906.

The 5903 AL frame is cheaper. I love them all.

And Yes real metal quality guns are a joy
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy Moly Chas8008!

I am far behind.

I'm am jealous.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It operates like a LL in an AR.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#24]
1911 machine pistol is rare.

Lebman made some, as used by Dillinger and Baby Face Nelson...
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:08:18 AM EDT
[#25]
This thread delivers. Amazingly nice pick up. I thought I was doing well with 2 MGs, but that is stellar.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Me likey....

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top