Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2015 8:45:10 PM EDT
Can any of you guys with a sten give me some dimensions?
I'm waiting on mine, but want to get a range case ready for it.  

I think minus the stock its 20" long or therabouts.  An exact number would help.
Also the length of a skeleton stock?
And the height of the skeleton stock and height of the rest of the gun.

I want to put the two separate peices in a hard case next to each other lengthwise.  So the main gun would be "on top" at the back and the stock would be "below" towards the front of the opened case.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Skeleton stock = 13" corner to corner x 4.75" at its widest point. Tube with stock and barrel removed is just under 13".

I looked around for something to put mine in and ended up building this.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#2]
John will you make me one of those?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously, that's awesome.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I could either make you one or give you the dimensions. My carpentry skills are lacking, construction is solid but fit and finish are more like “last ditch WW2”. (Period correct is what I call it)
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Please share the dimensions. I would like to try and build something like that. Hope mine comes out half as good as yours.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea very cool John!  I'd certainly like the dimensions as well.  A crate is a really good idea IMO.  And I'd love to have it built in advance, before I pick mine up!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I could either make you one or give you the dimensions. My carpentry skills are lacking, construction is solid but fit and finish are more like “last ditch WW2”. (Period correct is what I call it)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My carpentry skills are non-existant!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I had the day off and nothing better to do. If you reply to the email I sent this morning I'll have this done. 

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't see an email John?  Let me double check....
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
That was a really nice box for your Sten.

I've made a few boxes too, here are two different ones, depending on what stock I want to use:

Box with T-stock:

Box to use with the pistol grip:

Second floor in that box:

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Some really nice stuff in this thread......

I made a case for a Mk2 Sten a few years ago.....wanted it to look like an original issue piece....

I bought a bunch of junk/scrap FN49 and Bren transit cases from Sarco about 10 years ago just to harvest the hardware.....built a few Uzi cases, a few FAL cases, and this one....fits a Mk2, suppressor, 2 barrels, 4 mags, accessories (loader/cleaning kit),and has a compartment for your paperwork......not really practical, but I like it!!!!

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#11]
That is a really nice box you got there.

The silencer, is it an original WWII?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That is a really nice box you got there.

The silencer, is it an original WWII?
View Quote

It's a dummy......made it to cover (most of )the 16" barrel
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, the real ones are hard to come by, and they cost a lot. But Both a MkIIs and a MkVI is on my need to have list.

I do have a dummy can, a silencer that was made locally after the war, and two that was made for the Stay Behind organisation in it's original wrapping.

Sten MkII with locally made silencer:

Sten MkII with Stay Behind silencer Landchester 50 rd mag, and a Welrod MkIIA:

Sten MkV with the two Stay Behind Silencers:

Here are the silencers and the dummy: ( Dummy is the second lowest )

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top