Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2015 4:22:13 AM EDT
Do these still exist? Not the originals that take MP40 mags but I remember some company made them to take STEN mags any info or point me in the right direction would be great :)
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a 9mm barrel from Kvar and just use PPSH mags.

I have a soumi drum that I am converting to work, but it still has some bugs
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Does that barrel come ready to install?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does that barrel come ready to install?
View Quote

I had to cut the radius for the pivot pin into the barrel, but that was it. It does need work to fit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
thank you what about the conversion block?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
thank you what about the conversion block?
View Quote

Didn't use one. 9mm will run from stock PPSH mags. Drums are a bit more picky, but that may just be my gun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Agreed on the drums, I have 10+ and they are all  temperamental, My  mains is I still would like the block mainly because the Germans use it and its more of a complete this set up type thing, that and I have way to many Sten mags and no Sten LOL
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
The only conversion setup I ever actually saw was the one sold by Inter Ordnance....copy of the German setup using MP40 mags....they turn up from time to time....

The conversion that used Sten mags was supposedly sold by BGS.....who went out of business 15 years ago....have never seen one for sale anywhere......
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I have seen both sadly I cant seem to locate the block for the mag well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have seen both sadly I cant seem to locate the block for the mag well.
View Quote

Should not be hard at all to make. Just get a sten m11 grip assembly, a junk ppsh magazine, and combine the two.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I copied the German design, but used Sten parts (since the mags were cheaper).  After cutting off the tubular section off the mag well, I welded a piece of key stock (1/4" I believe) on the back, then filed it to fit the PPSH mag catch.  Of course, everything was done after careful measurement.  Works like a charm in my F/A PPSH.  The barrel was a 9mm blank I had, and turned down on a lathe.  The K-Var barrel should work fine if turning a barrel is an issue.  It is a pretty straight forward conversion.  PM me if you would like any more information.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I ended up converting to 9mm with a barrel from KVAR as all the X25 I had was iffy at best as far as reliability.  Very frustrating to get a few rounds off then nothing, then a few more and nothing.   Made a quasi feed ramp of sorts on the mags and drums by just beveling the leading edge and cleaning it up/polishing.  I found some 80's vintage 9mm NATO ammo that it seems to like and it runs fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you guys! :)
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I only use ppsh41 mags too,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top