Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/21/2015 10:57:26 AM EDT
I'm trying to decide between these two MGs.  These are the two I've decided on in my price range (not that there was much more to choose from)
So I'm thinking a Sten MKII or a M11/9 with a lage upper.

I am leaning towards one over the other already, but I'd like to hear from guys that have both, or have used both etc.  

Also, This is my first and will probably be my only MG for quite a while.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The MAC has a lot more options available. They are both the same calibers so ammo is a wash. Sten and MAC parts are both available to that's a wash also.

I've fired both and if I got to pick would probably go MAC it the price was the same.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd take a Sten over a Mac any day.

Macs don't do it for me, I find them bulky, I hate the ejector being so sensitive to bending from a hard mag insert, and I think their rate of fire is too high to be fun. Sure they can be slowed down with buffers and uppers, but for an unmodified MG, I prefer the Sten.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Price factors in here as does collectability.  I doubt it's a C&R STEN and I'll guess price is similar.  A STEN, while more historic, will always be a STEN.  The MAC is more flexible and can be tweaked to your liking much more easily.  Take the MAC unless the price difference is huge.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
The one area I'll give to the Sten is the stock. Unless you plan on using an aftermarket stock the Sten beats the MAC by miles, if you go aftermarket the difference is marginal.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Price factors in here as does collectability.  I doubt it's a C&R STEN and I'll guess price is similar.  A STEN, while more historic, will always be a STEN.  The MAC is more flexible and can be tweaked to your liking much more easily.  Take the MAC unless the price difference is huge.
View Quote

Apples and apples, imho stock sten is more usable than a Mac.

Both modified - sterling/stenling trumps any Mac configuration. But that's just me....
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
As others have said the Mac is more modern, can mount accessories and has more options. the sten has basically no options or  aftermarket part but is more historic and still fun to shoot.

For your first mg I would go Mac.

For me, I already own m16 so I have something modern and full of options and accessories so I would get the sten.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Both modified - sterling/stenling trumps any Mac configuration. But that's just me....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder what a K (Swedish K, model M45, S&W 76 etc)is going for now? If they are still in the same price range one might be a better option.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Mac with suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mac with suppressor.
View Quote
and a side charging upper with a toprail.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies so far guys!

Ill say this....myself and the wife are both leaning towards the sten.....in the end, what the wife says....goes

But Im showing her your replies, so we both see that the MAC is favored over the two.  Most of the time I watch videos of MACs and at the end Im left thinking...thats it...?
When I watch videos of stens, Im all smiles, and wish there was more.  I really love the slow firing rate, the history, and for some reason the look, way better than any MAC ive seen.  Im not a fan of the fast ROF of the MACs(and I understand that can be adjusted).

The only plus I see in the MAC is the modularity.  Everything else is a win for the Sten IMO.  

A 9 mm subgun can is a given for either firearm

Also, I wouldnt be looking for a C&R Sten, so they'll be very similarly priced.  But, based on what Ive seen, in the end, to make a MAC much better....it will cost much more than the Sten..
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Both modified - sterling/stenling trumps any Mac configuration. But that's just me....
View Quote

I've never shot a Sterling and hear they are quite nice.  I had forgotten that a STEN can be modified in that direction, but it will cost a bit.  I think I'd still point to a MAC for a first gun, but you gave me some ideas for my next one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ill say this....myself and the wife are both leaning towards the sten.....in the end, what the wife says....goes

But Im showing her your replies, so we both see that the MAC is favored over the two.  Most of the time I watch videos of MACs and at the end Im left thinking...thats it...?
When I watch videos of stens, Im all smiles, and wish there was more.  I really love the slow firing rate, the history, and for some reason the look, way better than any MAC ive seen.  Im not a fan of the fast ROF of the MACs(and I understand that can be adjusted).

The only plus I see in the MAC is the modularity.  Everything else is a win for the Sten IMO.  

Also, I wouldnt be looking for a C&R Sten, so they'll be very similarly priced.  But, based on what Ive seen, in the end, to make a MAC much better....it will cost much more than the Sten..
View Quote

Everything here is just suggestions, think it over but in the end buy what you want an what will make you do this every time you shoot it ->
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Everything here is just suggestions, think it over but in the end buy what you want an what will make you do this every time you shoot it ->
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, and this is all Im looking for here.  

What about the thought that there are far more MAC's than Stens on the registry, and in the future it may be easier to still get a MAC and less easy to find a Sten?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What about the thought that there are far more MAC's than Stens on the registry, and in the future it may be easier to still get a MAC and less easy to find a Sten?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

People will always be selling. The only thing that will change is the price. On both.

Not too long ago, IIRC, NIB M11/9s could be had for $3250 from Tactical Inc or Tactical Innovations.

DLO still has new Sten tubes, and there are enough parts kits to make more.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

People will always be selling. The only thing that will change is the price. On both.

Not too long ago, IIRC, NIB M11/9s could be had for $3250 from Tactical Inc or Tactical Innovations.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wow, I didnt know that new tubes were still available.
Can you buy them brand new?  Is there a good source for sten and sterling firearms that can be recommended.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#16]
DLO ran out of Sten/Sterling tubes about nine months ago.

I have a DLO Sten and an M11, they're both great guns.

The M11/nine has the upper receiver options from Lage allowing me to adjust my rate of fire from 600 rpm to 900 rpm. The stock upper goes Full Retard at 1200 rpm if I'm feeling ammo rich. Biggest bonus is the 22 conversion from Lage and that's how I shoot the gun the most.

The Sten is a fun gun with a slow rate of fire and it sounds much better suppressed than the M11. There are a few options you can find with barrels and stocks, but the gun is really a one trick pony.

If you only plan on buying one, I'd lean towards the M11/nine because of all the options available.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The M11/nine has the upper receiver options from Lage allowing me to adjust my rate of fire from 600 rpm to 900 rpm. The stock upper goes Full Retard at 1200 rpm if I'm feeling ammo rich. Biggest bonus is the 22 conversion from Lage and that's how I shoot the gun the most.

The Sten is a fun gun with a slow rate of fire and it sounds much better suppressed than the M11. There are a few options you can find with barrels and stocks, but the gun is really a one trick pony.

If you only plan on buying one, I'd lean towards the M11/nine because of all the options available.
View Quote

Finally out, eh!?

OP, ideally you shoot both, and decide from there on out. Have you reached out in your HTF to see who has or knows MACs or a Sten you'd be able to get some trigger time on?

I agree with John-E, Sten is a one trick pony compared to the Mac.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Finally out, eh!?

OP, ideally you shoot both, and decide from there on out. Have you reached out in your HTF to see who has or knows MACs or a Sten you'd be able to get some trigger time on?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally out, eh!?

I shot a MAC10 a couple years ago.....and it was cool, mainly because it was FA, but I didnt leave the range thinking....I NEED one of those.  That was pre Lage uppers though....so times have changed...

I dont know anyone with a Sten, so if I went that route it would be a gamble.  But I haven't read or watched any videos that guys who have STens are disappointed.....

Its a tough decision, but Im honestly leaning more towards the Sten, and  then in the future I would do a MAC If I was unsatisfied.

I certainly understand the fact that the Sten is a one trick pony, but it seems to be very good at that trick, and honestly thats all I want a subgun for.  I dont think I have much of a desire to dress up a tactical subgun(at this time-although that could change in the future).
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I vote for the RR Uzi.  It's a bit more money up front but have lots more options in terms of caliber and ROF.  No beltfed upper for it though like the M11 has.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hail Mary:
I vote for the RR Uzi.  It's a bit more money up front but have lots more options in terms of caliber and ROF.  No beltfed upper for it though like the M11 has.
View Quote

haha at that point id rather hold out for a grease gun
But those are all way out of reach for me for the forseeable future.  My wife and I are expecting our first child later this summer.  I feel like if I dont do a MG now, it will be a LONG time before I can get one, and theres no way of knowing if they'll be available to us at that time.  So in my budget my choices are limited, but Ive at least narrowed it down to these two.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Hail Mary:
View Quote

Perhaps if one defines "a bit more money" as about $6000...

What's this M11 beltfed of which you speak?  Please don't say Alliance Armament.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I love my sten, I love some of my macs.

I would say 60/40 to the sten.

But that said, learn about both read, read, read and jump on a good deal.

If it is a good deal and you do not like it, flip it and try another MG.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:35:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Sten > Mac

Done
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The MAC has a lot more options available. They are both the same calibers so ammo is a wash. Sten and MAC parts are both available to that's a wash also.

I've fired both and if I got to pick would probably go MAC it the price was the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd take a Sten over a Mac any day.

Macs don't do it for me, I find them bulky, I hate the ejector being so sensitive to bending from a hard mag insert, and I think their rate of fire is too high to be fun. Sure they can be slowed down with buffers and uppers, but for an unmodified MG, I prefer the Sten.

Quoted:

Quoted:
As others have said the Mac is more modern, can mount accessories and has more options. the sten has basically no options or  aftermarket part but is more historic and still fun to shoot.

For your first mg I would go Mac.

For me, I already own m16 so I have something modern and full of options and accessories so I would get the sten.

Quoted:
Mac with suppressor.

It is not a MAC, it is an SWD.

I would go with the SWD.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#25]
It's still a slightly altered (lengthened frame and upper, heavier bolt, different mag) copy of a MAC 11 (380) hence the 11/9 name.
I'll keep calling AR copies ARs even if the have a few minor differences.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's still a slightly altered (lengthened frame and upper, heavier bolt, different mag) copy of a MAC 11 (380) hence the 11/9 name.
View Quote

More than slightly altered, there are no parts in common.

Do folks call an FNC an AR-15? At least the FNC has one part in common, the mag.

Pet peeve issue, like magazine/clip.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:46:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do folks call an FNC an AR-15? At least the FNC has one part in common, the mag.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Mac 11 parts kits I've handled appear to be made up of parts very similar to a 11/9.
Mac 11s in 380 don't show up often and I've never fired one or disassembled one, but the parts kits appear very close.
SWD also built a m11 in 380 so it's possible the kits I've seen are theirs.
The m10 parts aren't. MAC didn't build a 9mm version of the m11, and their m10 and m10/9 are very different from a m11.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many parts interchange between the MAC11 and M11/9.  The entire fire control group, stock and its mounting hardware for example. The only difference between the original Zytel mags is that the 380 mags have the feed lips slightly bent inwards.  I think the 9mm can be used in the 380, but they suck equally in both places.

EDIT:  The magazine interchange only applies to the SWD made 380 guns.  The earlier RPB 380 guns use a different, smaller mag.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I choose the M11/9 as my first MG when I was also looking at the Sten. Here's why:

- Lage upper - Easy to have a rail, side cocking knob, 1/2x28 threaded barrel for a suppressor, variable ROF, VFG
- Lage grip - Has a "modern-er" feel, thumb mag release, and their extended safety to replace the stock safety
- Parts are generally cheap and available
- Lage .22 conversion
- Besides the aforementioned, there are more aftermarket parts for this transferable second only to the RLL/RDIAS/M16's.
- $$$ - The aforementioned, plus the price, made up my mind pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I choose the M11/9 as my first MG when I was also looking at the Sten. Here's why:

- Lage upper - Easy to have a rail, side cocking knob, 1/2x28 threaded barrel for a suppressor, variable ROF, VFG
- Lage grip - Has a "modern-er" feel, thumb mag release, and their extended safety to replace the stock safety
- Lage .22 conversion
- Besides the aforementioned, there are more aftermarket parts for this transferable second only to the RLL/RDIAS/M16's.
View Quote

You just hit the nail on the head!!!

Haha what a difference one day will make!
Every reason you just posted above, is why I just did a 180 today and am 99% sure Ill be getting an M11/9

Lage slow fire upper, and the lage .22 conversion are huge advantages.

CollegeBoy-your video is one of the reasons I was so set on the  Sten!  Great video, and I certainly still believe you that it is one of the most fun MG's.  If and when the day comes for my second MG it will CERTAINLY be a Sten MKII.  But for now there seem to be too many benefits not to go with the M11/9.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Every reason you just posted above, is why I just did a 180 today and am 99% sure Ill be getting an M11/9

CollegeBoy-your video is one of the reasons I was so set on the  Sten!  Great video, and I certainly still believe you that it is one of the most fun MG's.  If and when the day comes for my second MG it will CERTAINLY be a Sten MKII.  But for now there seem to be too many benefits not to go with the M11/9.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

- Lage .22 conversion

It is the truth. The "math" says go with the Mac. But ones heart says the sten.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

- Lage .22 conversion
View Quote

Plus sooner or later someone is going to make a full auto  .50 BMG upper for it  
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Lage .22 conversion

If that happens IM me. I'll order one and figure out how to pay for it later.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#34]
To me, it comes down to what do you want from your first machinegun?  Do you want something modular you can shoot, or you want a historic type "one trick pony"?   The MAC style RR can have multiple uppers.  So run a few mags, push out the front pin and change the upper.  Alliance Armament made a S.A.B.R.E. upper.  This was a 5.56X45 conversion that uses AR mags.  While the design was not well thought out, it is only a matter of time before someone else improves the design.  I think the MAC family of RR has the potential to be as modular as the M16.  Will that be tomorrow?  No, but it is my understanding that the MAC family of RR represents around 10% of transferable machineguns.

Then there is the STeN.  It is a decent subgun.  But there is no way to easily change the barrel.  So pounding mag after mag could ruin the barrel.  Run a few mags though the STeN, then set the gun aside to cool.  I was lucky that my first machinegun was a Colt M16.  Why, because I wanted to shoot full auto, not shoot a few mags and let my only machinegun sit to cool.  Push two pins put on another upper and keep shooting.  So the fun doesn't have to stop.  

Scott
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:33:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
To me, it comes down to what do you want from your first machinegun?  Do you want something modular you can shoot, or you want a historic type "one trick pony"?   The MAC style RR can have multiple uppers.  So run a few mags, push out the front pin and change the upper.  Alliance Armament made a S.A.B.R.E. upper.  This was a 5.56X45 conversion that uses AR mags.  While the design was not well thought out, it is only a matter of time before someone else improves the design.  I think the MAC family of RR has the potential to be as modular as the M16.  Will that be tomorrow?  No, but it is my understanding that the MAC family of RR represents around 10% of transferable machineguns.

Then there is the STeN.  It is a decent subgun.  But there is no way to easily change the barrel.  So pounding mag after mag could ruin the barrel.  Run a few mags though the STeN, then set the gun aside to cool.  I was lucky that my first machinegun was a Colt M16.  Why, because I wanted to shoot full auto, not shoot a few mags and let my only machinegun sit to cool.  Push two pins put on another upper and keep shooting.  So the fun doesn't have to stop.  

Scott
View Quote

Have you ever handled a Sten?  To change the barrel you unscrew the shroud with your hand and the barrel comes out.  Pretty much as easy as it can get, and spare barrels are very cheap.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:45:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Have you ever handled a Sten?  To change the barrel you unscrew the shroud with your hand and the barrel comes out.  Pretty much as easy as it can get, and spare barrels are very cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

I'm assuming he means while its hot. Swapping an upper on a RR gun like a M16 allows you to keep shooting, I guess swapping a hot Sten barrel is possible but I've never seen it done.
My experience with MACs is that about the time they get hot enough to worry about it you have to load the mags again anyway and they are cool enough to shoot by the time your thumbs are tired.
Edit: the best thing about grandkids is they eventually get big enough to load mags unassisted and you can relax while its happening.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#37]
I actually went back again, and am now set on a STEN

I shot a buddies Mac yesterday-with a lage upper, and stock upper(I had already decided on the Sten beforehand) but I reassured myself yesterday that I am happy with my decision to get the Sten.

Yea, based on what Ive learned, barrels are cheap, and VERY easy to swap.  It wont be any hotter than any of my rifle cans....I have a heat mit to remove my hot suppressors, shouldnt be much different.
Guys were using these in combat, Im not too concerned with overheating the barrel

Also, collegeboy your inbox is full

I'll add....for versatility and newer optics, etc. I have AR's.  I like firearms with history, and I also have recently been preferring irons, and simplicity.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#38]
It was my understanding that the barrel shroud was supposed to be wrench tight, not hand tight for proper function.  So changing the barrel on the range could be problematic.  Be that as it may, to me the question is does the OP what a modular subgun that can become more?  Or does he want a tube gun with it's roots in WW II that will not be any thing more than that, a SteN or a Stenling?  YMMV.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It was my understanding that the barrel shroud was supposed to be wrench tight, not hand tight for proper function.  So changing the barrel on the range could be problematic.  Be that as it may, to me the question is does the OP what a modular subgun that can become more?  Or does he want a tube gun with it's roots in WW II that will not be any thing more than that, a SteN or a Stenling?  YMMV.

Scott
View Quote

Yea I finally made up mind.  I dont care much about modularity.  The Mac, just doesnt do it for me, and the sten does.  This thread has certainly helped me, so thanks a lot guys, for all the info.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Scott
View Quote

Not sure about the wrench tight, but I'm also not 100% sure against it.  I just know that I only hand tighten mine, and it hasn't failed or ever come loose.  There is a tab that holds the shroud in place that you have to pull out in order to loosen it.  When you tighten it, it ratchets on just like an Uzi barrel nut.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yea I finally made up mind.  I dont care much about modularity.  The Mac, just doesnt do it for me, and the sten does.  This thread has certainly helped me, so thanks a lot guys, for all the info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

Bravo!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bravo!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

Bravo!
ummmm, I should keep my mouth shut, but if you sway back and forth this easily you might want to wait a while and do more research. Buyers remorse on a once in a lifetime purchase would suck. I'm not saying your wrong or right but being sure before you buy is a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
ummmm, I should keep my mouth shut, but if you sway back and forth this easily you might want to wait a while and do more research. Buyers remorse on a once in a lifetime purchase would suck. I'm not saying your wrong or right but being sure before you buy is a good thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

Bravo!

A few posts up, I just wrote that I shot a Mac yesterday with the standard upper and a lage upper.  Did nothing for me.  I know either way I dont want a Mac.  I know now that If I get a 2nd MG it wont be a Mac.  
But no, I asked for opinions in this thread and thats what Im getting, so I dont take offense to what you said.  The opinions are what kept swaying me.  If you read in my first post I was leaning towards the sten in the beginning anyways.  And my wife has been saying Sten all along.  I feel we both have very good taste in firearms.  Her favorite handgun that we have is a Colt 1911, and my favorite rifle is an '43 SA M1 garand.  We are pretty young but yet we like historical stuff
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A few posts up, I just wrote that I shot a Mac yesterday with the standard upper and a lage upper.  Did nothing for me.  I know either way I dont want a Mac.  I know now that If I get a 2nd MG it wont be a Mac.  
But no, I asked for opinions in this thread and thats what Im getting, so I dont take offense to what you said.  The opinions are what kept swaying me.  If you read in my first post I was leaning towards the sten in the beginning anyways.  And my wife has been saying Sten all along.  I feel we both have very good taste in firearms.  Her favorite handgun that we have is a Colt 1911, and my favorite rifle is an '43 SA M1 garand.  We are pretty young but yet we like historical stuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

Bravo!

Cool, it's just a good idea to be sure.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Well, first MG (DLO Sten MKII) bought.  Now the wait begins.  

Thanks again guys for all the help!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats!  While I went with the MAC over the Sten, the allure of the Sten was indeed tough to resist, and I keep telling myself that I need to get a sten too.  Let us know how you like it when you get it.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Told you you wanted a Sten!

Congrats on purchase!!

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

Nice.

Is CT one of those states that the gun must be FA only no semi?

And you will love it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep us updated with pics and videos :)
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll keep you guys updated!  Yep, CT is a no select fire state(hopefully I'll be moving to FL within a year or 2).  I bought the sten from Ruben at dealernfa.com, an I found out from him the one I chose was already converted to FA and safe only, so that was a pleasant surprise!  As soon as I move I'll convert it back to select fire though.  I'm excited as hell though!  I'm 110% happy with my decision, I don't think I would even do a MAC down the road.  

I wish there were some more decent videos on YouTube of the sten to keep me occupied until I get it.  Really only collegeboy, and hickock have good videos....so I'll just keep watching theirs
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top