Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2015 6:16:39 PM EDT
I am posting this here because I figure this is the place where I am most likely to get an answer. I would love to own a reliable mp5 10mm but don't know anyone who makes them. I'm not talking about a full auto but one I can later SBR. If anyone has contact info for someone who is still building these please let me know.

If anyone owns an MP5 10mm I would be interested in hearing your experiences with it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for love of 10mm
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Michaels Machines built some nice barrels a few years ago, so he might be a good place to start. Jeff (Ghilliebear) has built a couple super nice clones for me and I can definitely recommend him if you want to track all the individual parts down.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:18:18 AM EDT
[#3]

DJF on HKpro might be able go get you one.  Mine is a Coharie 10mm.  Other than swapping out the bolt head with a RCM, it runs perfect on the hot and weak stuff.  Just make sure you use the correct locking piece.

old pic

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, DJ Getz Firearms / DJF
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two more un related questions.

1 Why does DJ Getz sell his guns as "parts kits" with out firing pins? I am assuming that he is selling title 1 firearms here but is it that he isn't using enough US made parts to allow the gun to pass 922r and is leaving it up to the owner to either comply with or break the law?

2 are the US made 10mm mags on hkparts.net high quality mags? I see the German ones have steel feed lip inserts. How are the US one for rough use? I do occasionally drop and abuse stuff when I'm running guns hard and fast.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two more un related questions.
View Quote

1 Why does DJ Getz sell his guns as "parts kits" with out firing pins? I am assuming that he is selling title 1 firearms here but is it that he isn't using enough US made parts to allow the gun to pass 922r and is leaving it up to the owner to either comply with or break the law?

Probably to save the Federal Firearm Manufacturing 10 or 11% excise tax on completed firearms.  Guns sold as "kits" don't qualify for tax due if memory serves correctly.

2 are the US made 10mm mags on hkparts.net high quality mags? I see the German ones have steel feed lip inserts. How are the US one for rough use? I do occasionally drop and abuse stuff when I'm running guns hard and fast

I have a dozen or so of the DJ Getz first gen 10mm mags.  Overall they seem pretty nice but to be honest I have never taken them out of the wrapper in say 3 years so I have owned them.

Most of the major builders out there can make you an MP5 10MM.  You will see to send them all the part though.  That means getting a MP5/40/10 flat, an MP5 40 kit (since 10 kits are unobtainum) a High locking piece and a 10MM barrel.

All of the 40 flats out there don't come with the top rib stamped.  The only builder I know of who can stamp a top rib in a 40 Flat is Jason and IGF.  He did a couple top rib operations for me on 40/10 flats and they turned out nicely.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
My Coharie required a German BCG to properly function in FA. Besides piss poor function in FA the Coharie BCG creased and dinged the brass so badly they'd split upon their next firing after reloading.
I bought one of Mike Otte's 10mm barrels and found a nice HK 40 cal parts kit, these are currently waiting in line at Dakota Tactical.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Is DJ Getz using properly designed and weighted bolt carriers for FA use?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
DJ's guns should run just fine in Auto. The Firing pin issue was about a monetary issue with selling complete guns if I remember correctly from the thread on HKPRO
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah by selling his guns in "kit" form Getz manages to skirt the FAET and pockets another $200. He claims is it keeps the prices low yet the same gun from Atlantic lists for less. Bigger difference when you toss the MKE & POF guns into the mix.

I don't like his business model based on that aspect and I bet none of his competitors do either.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah by selling his guns in "kit" form Getz manages to skirt the FAET and pockets another $200. He claims is it keeps the prices low yet the same gun from Atlantic lists for less. Bigger difference when you toss the MKE & POF guns into the mix.

I don't like his business model based on that aspect and I bet none of his competitors do either.
View Quote

What is FAET?

Also if that is the case who else offers a lower priced alternative in 10mm?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Firearms & ammunition excise tax which is paid to the feds by manufacturers, it runs 10 to 11 percent of the sales price.
I should have stated those price comparisons applied to 9mm guns. The choices are limited in the 10mm field.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

He is on crack if he thinks removing a firing pin makes it not a taxable firearm. If it was legal, everyone would do it. Only a matter of time before he gets burned. I know others who tried this and lost.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#14]
My limited understanding is that in order for the 11% Federal Excise Tax to be applicable, the firearm must be complete.  Whether that be a parts set and a receiver or a completed firearm.  Todd Bailey did this same "part missing" with the Vector .40 caliber parts sets with a complete receiver.  Of course this could certainly "poke the bear".

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top