Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2015 11:45:56 PM EDT
I am having issues with my PPS-43C SMG

The two issues currently happening:

Issue one (first magazine in video) - Round number 11 is extracted and then thrown down under the bolt. The gun cycles a few more rounds then jams on the empty casing under the bolt.

Issue two (second magazine in video) - Round number 11 is extracted, fails to clear the ejection port and bounces back into the chamber.

These issues happen with all 6 magazines I own and are very persistent.

I replaced the extractor before this video; no difference.

Any Ideas?

1/12th Speed

video posted below by a very helpful member
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:52:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Seen this happen on a different type of weapon. Can you block off the area under the bolt with anything (while still ensuring clearance), to keep round from getting down there?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like an ejector issue to me...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah looks like an extraction issue for sure. I would check the extractor and ejector and recoil spring first. Take the bolt out and put a round in and see how well the extractor holds it by itself. A bent or broken ejector could cause issues. A weak recoil spring could cause these issues as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seen this happen on a different type of weapon. Can you block off the area under the bolt with anything (while still ensuring clearance), to keep round from getting down there?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I should be able to.... but I think the round would still get stuk in the chamber

Quoted:
Yeah looks like an extraction issue for sure. I would check the extractor and ejector and recoil spring first. Take the bolt out and put a round in and see how well the extractor holds it by itself. A bent or broken ejector could cause issues. A weak recoil spring could cause these issues as well.

I changed the extractor prior to the video and it does hold the round. The ejector looks straight and in good condition, but I will see if I can get another one to test.

I am considering putting a 1/4 rubber pad behind the recoil buffer to move the ejector forward. I am thinking that may improve ejection ....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Does the receiver have the dimple on the (L) side (opposite ejection port) that keeps the ejector rod in it's proper position??

Without it, the ejector rod will have a tennancy to move away from the bolt and against the receiver wall, resulting in poor ejection
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does the receiver have the dimple on the (L) side (opposite ejection port) that keeps the ejector rod in it's proper position??

Without it, the ejector rod will have a tennancy to move away from the bolt and against the receiver wall, resulting in poor ejection
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/villafuego/pps43_1.jpg
View Quote

Yeap it is there .... I appreciate your response :)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top