Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 2:51:19 PM EDT
I am in the search for an original M60 rubber boot for my Vietnam SEAL M60.

There was one on gunbroker (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=455229694) but when I tried to sign up, I discovered they didn't take paypal. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could contact the seller and tell me where I could reach him.

Thank You
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:39:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Please email me the store's contact at blackhawk_fan100(at)yahoo(dot)com
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Got a hold of the seller and they didn't have it anymore. So I'm still looking and please contact me if you have any leads.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:22:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't link since I'm on JRS. But there is one on the EE, don't know if you saw it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
was it this one..http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_118/1389635_WTS___Scarce_Retro_M60B_Rubber_Butt_Cup__as_used_on_cut_down_SEAL_M60s.html..if so, I contacted the guy a couple days ago and it was spoken for that day before :(
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#5]
That was it. Good luck I guess then.

I wanna see pics when you're done!
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
here is what you end up with, i like the chopped version. it realy lightens things up. 19 lbs. empty / 26.5 lbs with 100 rds as shown. i've not only chopped the barrel but also had it fluted to take a little more weight off it's yet to be parkerized.. i've got one of the rubber boots in case you haven't found one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
where can you get those ?   the fluted barrel looks Beast
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#8]
$1175 will get you this barrel & boot, barrel is ( in the white ) ,  needs to be parkerized & it'll look like new  .  fluted barrels bring a premium, if you can find em, check desert ordnance !  i had a machine shop copy the fluting off a RIA fluted barrel i have from back in the 1980,s

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r158/kasper223/IMG_1539%202.jpg
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone make a reproduction of that flash hider?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
i'm not sure about a reproduction but the original mil spec's are still available. are you wanting to adapt that style to a different weapon ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i'm not sure about a reproduction but the original mil spec's are still available. are you wanting to adapt that style to a different weapon ?
View Quote

Yes, I was thinking it would look good on an AR-10ish SBR.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
if a guy realy wanted to you could plug the threads of a gi flash hider & have it re threaded to any thread pitch you desire. it may require the help of a machinist .  i made a hollywood blank adapter that fits in between the flash hider and the barrel.  it's a lot of fun running belts of blanks thru it here at home !  you can do that for around 14 cents per round as opposed to 60 cents for live ammo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for my belated response, but anyway, I did find a M60 rubber boot the other day and finally ended the long search!

Total bada** M60 you got there m60shooter! I do have to say I like the original barrel look, but maybe once you get it parkerized it will appeal to me more.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#14]
here is a finished product, although it's chopped it's not as the seals used in vietnam since they didn't run a front sight , there is several variations but the end result is to make the gun lighter. this is a 5 pound barrel vrs 8.6 on an original with the bipod.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I fired one done up by a Civie Gunsmith for the Navy on a M60E3 receiver.  He used the short, light M60E3 Navy barrel, E3 front grip and light E3 stock but he added a E4 top cover with the 1913 rail.  Whole thing was under 17 pounds unloaded and he ran an Aimpoint on the top cover with a 100 round CapCo plastic drum from the 1990's.  Very light and easy to shoot and could be shouldered fast!

For giggles he put a Surefire 7.62MG suppressor on a longer, lightweight E3 barrel with the front sight moved back and it was actually very accurate and not bad from behind the gun - but it made a racket on either side.  He popped another light long barrel with a semi custom AAC SCAR Heavy suppressor and although it was subjectively more quiet than the Surefire 7.62MG, it did blow back a bunch of gas from the ejection port.  The Surefire did show signs of ALOT of gas migrating back through the rear mount - since the carbon caked all around the rear mount interface.  Still nice to shoot some suppressed belt feds.  I missed out on shooting the new SIG M240 suppressor on a M240N, but I did get behind a test AAC M240 suppressor and it functioned fine - with the same gas blow back as in all the models.

Sadly those M60's got sent back to Crane for disposal (?) and the barrels were slated for demil/disposal - thus the Knob Creek style shoot out with all the different suppressors.  All the armorers got to shoot them and diagnose the issues or possible issues then one to another weps system - but I got to throw a couple 100 round belts down range without tracers - then we loaded 1000 rounds of all of the collected tracers through a M134D in a ring mount.  That was the most fun of all, especially in the slow fire setting/motor drive.

Nice work on that SEAL M60!  Those rubber boots are very hard to find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top