Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2015 9:47:44 PM EDT
Thinking about trading one of my guns for a Sten, they look pretty simple, any particular mfgers to watch out for?  I know Norrell, DLO, and a few other made them.  Appreciate any input.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Thinking about trading one of my guns for a Sten, they look pretty simple, any particular mfgers to watch out for?  I know Norrell, DLO, and a few other made them.  Appreciate any input.
View Quote
I like mine mkII.

She runs well with good mags. I can not remember off hand who made mine? Sarco? Sorry it is a Ordco..

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of any SARCO guns, but they may well have made some back in the day.  Other than two I listed already, Erb, Andrewski, CATCO, Wilson are some other mfgers, CATCO is so far the only one I'd be wary of.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Im a collector and appreciate the history behind the C&R's and also have just an empty tube (cant decide what i want to do with it) made by DLO. I think that for any of the guys who like retro guns they are the way to go vs. the MAC's Simply because the tubes can be built into a: sten mk2 mk3 mk4 and mk5, a sterling (very smooth gun), and have also seen a few Lanchesters which are pretty neat looking. VS the price of transferable Lanchester and sterling tubes, they are a deal if you can stand them being sten tubes. There are plenty of reputable builders that can build them for you before your form 4 clears, and you may (subjective) increase the value of your sten tube by getting it built into one of the other variants mentioned above, of course if you are thinking on the lines of a C&R i can shed some light on that too if youd like.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, I was planning on just buying a tube gun, not an original C&R, as it'll mainly be a shooter as opposed to just a collectors piece.  Are there any un-built tubes out there?  I figured most of them had been turned into something by now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info, I was planning on just buying a tube gun, not an original C&R, as it'll mainly be a shooter as opposed to just a collectors piece.  Are there any un-built tubes out there?  I figured most of them had been turned into something by now.
View Quote

The difference in price between a tube and a C&R is only $1000-$2000 though, and it's kind of neat to have the history, and a "real" one.  That's the route I went.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I always enjoyed firing the "Stench" gun. Its simple, reliable and mags use to be everywhere and cheap but you know how that goes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I already have a bunch of mags from back in the day when they were $2 each!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I built my MK II on an Erb tube. It runs great and is fun to shoot

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#9]
">
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top