Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2015 11:36:12 PM EDT
Just picked up a nice all matching MG34 preMay.  I was not interested in a preMay at all, or an MG34 at all, but David made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  It went pending about a week ago, and I've already started buying parts for it, and wanted to ask what you think I should buy to keep this baby purring.  I have a couple spare barrels, 20 1940s Nazi era belts, a 1945 assault drum, a new recoil spring, and a Nazi era loader I just won on German Ebay yesterdayy.  I've heard a complete spare bolt is good to have.  What else?  Any other springs?  Thank you very much for any help!

Onto pictures as well.  Supposedly the flash makes all of the parts look like drastic different colors, while in real life, it all looks basically the same.  I've seen that with my own pictures, so I'll take his word for it.  I was assured it is as new internally, and just has a nice patina look to the exterior since it's 70 years old.  From what I can see in the pictures, that looks to be the case.  Guess I'll find out in 2 months or so, but David has never let me down before!

Pictures from David Spiwak...

Brand new 1941 ammo belt -

It's hard to believe that 2 years ago when my friend was first trying to sell me his M60, I said "Dude, I don't want a beltfed."  Riiiiiiggghhhttt.....
5.56 for the 23E / 308 for the 21E / 308 for the M60E6 / 8mm for the MG34

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Bolt parts, barrels and get the Anti Aircraft sights/accessorie kit if you can find them.

A lot of European gun houses have MG34 parts/accessories.  Most can be imported simply and there are lots of MG34 parts in the USA.

I like Bob Naess up in Vermont for MG34 questions and help.  He has helped me readily on the phone and email and he is quite skilled/experienced in working on them - good source for parts since he has been honestly collecting and doing business as a Class 3 and Class 2 for a long time!

Good gun!  With the right ammo and barrel - they shoot like a precision rifle.  A friend inherited a bring back amnesty gun from his kin and it was something to see, hold and shoot.  The machining precision is crazy on them - even towards the end of the war models!
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bolt parts, barrels and get the Anti Aircraft sights/accessorie kit if you can find them.

A lot of European gun houses have MG34 parts/accessories.  Most can be imported simply and there are lots of MG34 parts in the USA.

I like Bob Naess up in Vermont for MG34 questions and help.  He has helped me readily on the phone and email and he is quite skilled/experienced in working on them - good source for parts since he has been honestly collecting and doing business as a Class 3 and Class 2 for a long time!

Good gun!  With the right ammo and barrel - they shoot like a precision rifle.  A friend inherited a bring back amnesty gun from his kin and it was something to see, hold and shoot.  The machining precision is crazy on them - even towards the end of the war models!
View Quote

Thank you!

Between you and some other people, it looks like I still need to buy at least one complete bolt, an extra firing pin, rollers, anti aircraft sights (Cause they look awesome), a charging handle, a lafette (If I can even find a real Nazi one....I don't want to spend more on a tripod then I spent on the gun though lol), maybe a 4th barrel, maybe a 2nd drum, drum carrier, and lastly, everyone keeps mentioning ammo ;)

I'm getting there.....

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't realize you got your FFL and SOT. I am sending you a pm as well
Congratulations
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Congratulations
View Quote

At this point, I figured, why not! I've had it a couple months. I like it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congratulations

Now, how long before the 02/07 ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Knowledge of putting it back together correctly. I've know of a couple of good buys on 34s and 42s because the previous owner couldn't get it to run. Only to know shit gets easily put in wrong.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congratulations

Heh.  That aint gonna happen.  If it was the main job that paid the bills that'd be one thing, but at this point, I've had a pretty goo gig with what I do for years.  I'll keep the hobby and passion as a nice small side business.  That way it stays a passion too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:39:07 AM EDT
[#8]
My MG34 which is transferable and will stay in the family hopefully.

my chief regret was selling its younger brother the MG42/59 I had.

I got a wife in trade so I think it was a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:34:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Heh.  That aint gonna happen.  If it was the main job that paid the bills that'd be one thing, but at this point, I've had a pretty goo gig with what I do for years.  I'll keep the hobby and passion as a nice small side business.  That way it stays a passion too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congratulations

The manufacturing of cool new toys can be a passion, plus some creative tax deductions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top