Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2014 9:49:40 PM EDT
I have a local guy who is looking to sell two of his MP5's.    No prices have been set as of yet.    Preliminary searches have turned up anywhere from $4,000 to $19,000.

One gun has the Navy trigger group and an adjustable stock.

The other has a standard trigger group (semi auto/full auto) and a fixed stock.

Both are fitted with Trijicon reflex sights and halogen Surefire weapon lights.

No date codes or serial numbers at this point, but both firearms are 5-6 years old.

Any input would be awesome.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if they're 5-6 years old, that puts them in the post '86 sample category, so they can only go to LEO/government agencies or a dealer with a demo letter. $19,000 would be a great deal for a transferable gun, but not a post '86 and even the $4,000 range seems high for that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn... so basically I cant own them even if i wanted to.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sear guns are pushing 30k
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Transferables run $25-30k depending on model, condition, host gun, etc... Anything around 4k is def not transferable.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Could be remarked as MP5?  I don't understand why anyone would do this, but some do.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a local guy who is looking to sell two of his MP5's.    No prices have been set as of yet.    Preliminary searches have turned up anywhere from $4,000 to $19,000.

One gun has the Navy trigger group and an adjustable stock.

The other has a standard trigger group (semi auto/full auto) and a fixed stock.

Both are fitted with Trijicon reflex sights and halogen Surefire weapon lights.

No date codes or serial numbers at this point, but both firearms are 5-6 years old.

Any input would be awesome.
View Quote

I have a friend who just bought a Registered HK Sear Pack... he paid almost $20K for it   ANything you are seeing for less than $15K is not transferable and is probably  a Post Sample..Sorry man.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys, I checked the serial numbers... they are post 86 guns

Ive been into suppressors, but have much to learn about F/A stuff.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Guys, I checked the serial numbers... they are post 86 guns

Ive been into suppressors, but have much to learn about F/A stuff.
View Quote
How did you check the ser numbers?.

What form are the stamps on?

Are they RRs, sear, or box reg MGs.

Heck are they in fact MGs?

My sp89 was made in 89 but with a sear runs FA, I could do the same with a 2014 manu g

Gun/host.

I really do not think you know a whole lot about these. This is not a bad thing, we all start somewhere.

Answer my first four questions and report back...
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#9]
0P I just saw that you are in Michigan, are these guns in MI too?

MGs have only been legal in Michigan for 3 to 5 years if I recall correctly, how long has this guy had these guns in the state of Michigan
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#10]
iPad double tap
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I really do not think you know a whole lot about these. This is not a bad thing, we all start somewhere.

View Quote

Agreed. Hard to not know you have a Post-86.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#12]
A bit more research,

These are owned by an L/E agency on Form 5's

They are looking to get out of the 9mm caliber in favor of .223 long guns.     I was hoping to legally transfer one into my own name, but from my understanding that is not possible.

Live and learn I suppose.     This nfa stuff requires a flow chart sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Is the "local guy" a police officer?  There have been police officers who have tried to sell guns issued to them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is the "local guy" a police officer?  There have been police officers who have tried to sell guns issued to them.
View Quote

Yes, he has the backing of the chief to explore the legal transfer of the firearms out of the department.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

A bit more research,

They are looking to get out of the 9mm caliber in favor of .223 long guns.     I was hoping to legally transfer one into my own name, but from my understanding that is not possible.

View Quote
Ok, more info thanks. Just the chances of it being transferable is now very very slim.

I do not know what what post sample guns go for but, parts,kits if you cut them up can fetch $1200/1500 each
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ok, more info thanks. Just the chances of it being transferable is now very very slim.  

I do not know what what post sample guns go for but, parts,kits if you cut them up can fetch $1200/1500 each
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bit more research,

HKparts.com is selling parts kits, ranging from $1995-$2700 depending on version, and which parts are included
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

HKparts.com is selling parts kits, ranging from $1995-$2700 depending on version, and which parts are included
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A bit more research,

Holy Shit!!! I have been sleeping a little I guess
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd hardly call a law enforcement agency a "local guy trying to sell two of his MP5's".
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'd hardly call a law enforcement agency a "local guy trying to sell two of his MP5's".
View Quote

Well OP did.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bit more research,

It's pretty easy to find them in the 1200-1500 range.......I just picked up 3 cut MP5A3's for 1400 each.....And I'm pretty sure the guy I bought them from made about 500 a pop on them......most agencies are dumping them for 7-900 each.......if that
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the info guys
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Is your local guy Mission Critical Firearms LLC?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=454906142

He got $1,625 for this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top