Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2014 11:25:17 PM EDT
I purchased several machineguns over the past year from a widow.  I got while the getting was good.  Now that they've cleared and I actually have them all, I'm wanting to stock up on some spare parts.  I'm looking for help from people that are more familiar with these weapons to what kind of spare parts I should pick up.  I'm not sure what typically breaks in these.  I'd like enough parts for two lifetimes.  So what do I need for these?

Browning 1919A4
Uzi
HK MP5
M16
Thompson 1928
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Just from having a M16, I would say stock up on the springs, every spring that goes in lower including the buffer spring.  Change them out after about every 4K-6K rounds.  I would do the same for other MG's get the springs.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
UZI:
- at least one parts kit
- spare extractors
- spare top cover or two
- spare barrel nut or two
- several spare barrels
- spare bolt or two
- piles of mags
- recoil springs

MP5
- parts kit would be nice though spendy
- one to two barrels
- bolt head
- rollers in various sizes
- roller retaining plates
- recoil springs
- firing pins
- as many mags as you can afford

M16
- bolt groups
- firing pin retaining pins
- cam pins
- extractors
- extractor springs
- recoil springs
- hammer and trigger springs
- uppers of all flavors
- gas rings
- lots of mags

Thompson and 1919 I don't know.

Don't forget to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Browning 1919A4
View Quote

barrel ratchet spring
firing pin assy.
recoil captive spring assy.
trigger
extractor assy. or at least small parts for extractor assy.
Quoted:
HK MP5
View Quote

a couple extractor springs.  a spare bolt will come with just the installed one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot extractors, extractor springs, and hammer springs for the mp5. The extractor springs are a weak link in the mp5. It is a good idea to have plenty, and buy factory HK German.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#5]
For the 1919a4, definitely get a spare complete Lock frame.  The ears on the lock frame sometimes break off.  Also time it in the gun this way you won't have to fiddle around timing it if you break one (Plug & play).  I would also get a complete top cover.  Why - if you ever have a OOB (rare but can happen), you can fix the old top cover with a vise and a hammer, but you may not have a vise where you are shooting.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the 1919a4, definitely get a spare complete Lock frame.  The ears on the lock frame sometimes break off.  Also time it in the gun this way you won't have to fiddle around timing it if you break one (Plug & play).  I would also get a complete top cover.  Why - if you ever have a OOB (rare but can happen), you can fix the old top cover with a vise and a hammer, but you may not have a vise where you are shooting.  

View Quote

also,  get a second barrel and barrel extension headspace it with yoor Bolt in case you have a case head Sep and cant clear the chamber quickly
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Never mind
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The M16 is usually  the easiest. If you own a AR15 your basically have 99% of the spare parts you will need, just need to pick up the full auto parts, basically the hammer, the selector, the sear & pin and a M16 bolt carrier if your ar15 doesnt already have one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top