Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 12:02:01 PM EDT
So talking to a guy at a gunshow today who had several semi auto M2's out.  He has a ton of CL 3 stuff but isn't from my state so only talk and some crappy cell pics but one thing he had was a real M2.  At the price he gave me I wanted to chunk out my credit card and pay on the spot but figured I need to take a breath.

So what are CL3 Browning M2's going for?
Facts I know:
Just rebuilt with an original rebuild kit.
90 rounds after rebuild.
Gun, barrel and spare barrel in the deal.
Said it was comparable to the M2's he had on display which where all well over 90% barrels were typical surplus barrels not great not horrible.

Thanks fella's.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't looked in a while, but they came down in price with the surplus ammo drying up. Last I saw was around $18-22k for kit side plate guns. I doubt they went up much from there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow. Machine gun price guide says $30k is the avg. guess they have gone up a bit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow. Machine gun price guide says $30k is the avg. guess they have gone up a bit.
View Quote

Yes, and original WW2 C&R guns are much more than that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
From my research $8k will get you a new or refurbished semi auto. $20k will get you a NFA legal transferable full auto side plate and $25-30k for the real deal depending on condition, history and if private sale vs a dealer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Lets not forget about the accessories that are required for a BeltFed Machine Gun.   IE Tripod's (got to have 1-2 maybe 3), Linker's + links, 1 or 2 Pelican cases to move that Beltfed from safe to range, Ammo obviously and at least 2 friends (willing to help you and carry all of this equipment to the range)  of which you will supply ammo for them to shoot.

How do I know ?  I own a beltfed

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lets not forget about the accessories that are required for a BeltFed Machine Gun.   IE Tripod's (got to have 1-2 maybe 3), Linker's + links, 1 or 2 Pelican cases to move that Beltfed from safe to range, Ammo obviously and at least 2 friends (willing to help you and carry all of this equipment to the range)  of which you will supply ammo for them to shoot.

How do I know ?  I own a beltfed
View Quote

Yeah big bore belt fed machine guns requires a great deal of dedication and some deep pockets. Plus trying find a place that will let you shoot full auto .50 cal has got to be tough, i cant think of any in probably a 100 mile radius, closest to me is Knob Creek.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Being primarily a collector, it's irrelevant to me whether I actually shoot my .50 cal. (an original WW2 C&R gun). It's enough to know that it is operable. The last time I shot it was about 30 years ago. I don't even think I have the strength anymore to pull back the charging handle. Sad, isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#8]
You can get a bare transferable sideplate for $15K.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
M2

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being primarily a collector, it's irrelevant to me whether I actually shoot my .50 cal. (an original WW2 C&R gun). It's enough to know that it is operable. The last time I shot it was about 30 years ago. I don't even think I have the strength anymore to pull back the charging handle. Sad, isn't it?
View Quote

Not sad at all just don't donate it to a museum or something when you're done with it, keep it out in the wild
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top