Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 8:22:29 PM EDT
I have a buddy with a brand new Bushmaster lower made in 2005. He's cleaning out his safe and said sell it to me for $50.

I don't know anything about Bushmaster lowers, but I don't see too many positive comments about Bushmaster in general.

Are the lowers worthy of a future SBR build?

I have a Colt M4 SBR and a Colt M16 Commando. I don't need another SBR at the moment, but it might be something my son would like to have in the future.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Just buy it, eFile it. It will have a stamp in a month, then take your time and build a nice SBR for your son.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a buddy with a brand new Bushmaster lower made in 2005. He's cleaning out his safe and said sell it to me for $50.

I don't know anything about Bushmaster lowers, but I don't see too many positive comments about Bushmaster in general.

Are the lowers worthy of a future SBR build?

I have a Colt M4 SBR and a Colt M16 Commando. I don't need another SBR at the moment, but it might be something my son would like to have in the future.

Opinions?
View Quote

Pre-buyout Bushmaster lowers were among the best as far as milspec lowers go (the mantra used to be "ABC - Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt").  I can't speak personally as to post-buyout lowers, but I've never had problems or issues with 1990s through mid 2000s Bushmaster lowers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If the lower is built to spec, why not?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:35:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is fine. Spec wise it's the same as a high dollar Colt. Only difference is the name/roll marks. 100% personal preference.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an older one that must have been out of spec somewhere because the buffer retainer pin was leaving marks on the face of the buffer...

but generally they are held in high regard, for $50 its a no brainer.  plus the logo is cool in almost an old school way now, damn I have been around a while.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I would buy it.        

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my tax stamp back on a newer Bushmaster lower that I installed a milspec buffer tube on.  Its just a receiver, all other parts are replaceable.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Should just be fine.  Buy it.  I would.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#9]
My first SBR was built on a circa 2001 Bushmaster lower...no problems with it, and it remains my primary use SBR as well.  Has gone through numerous bbl lengths and caliber changes along the way.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:37:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My first SBR was built on a circa 2001 Bushmaster lower...no problems with it, and it remains my primary use SBR as well.  Has gone through numerous bbl lengths and caliber changes along the way.
View Quote

Same here, but mine would be from around 2004 or so.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had an older one that must have been out of spec somewhere because the buffer retainer pin was leaving marks on the face of the buffer...

but generally they are held in high regard, for $50 its a no brainer.  plus the logo is cool in almost an old school way now, damn I have been around a while.
View Quote

More likely your carrier had a burr that was chewing the buffer.

Don't know about bushmaster now but pre buyout they were as good as it got.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#12]
MY first AR was a Bushmaster back in 05, its now an SBR, zero issues. A lot of rounds have been through that gun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#13]
is the lower stripped or complete?
Its a good deal but if its stripped but if its complete with stock, buffer, FCG, etc... thats a freaking steal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top