Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2014 2:20:02 PM EDT
This is my first NFA weapon, so I had to take the obligatory video. When I watched the video, I noticed a lot of back flash in the chamber while the weapon is being discharged. Additionally, I feel some un-burnt powder hitting my face. I know I am a complete moron for not wearing eye-pro, I had them sitting on the table and forgot to put them on, which was corrected after the video was shot. My question is, does anyone see any issue with how this weapon is firing? It does not jam and runs like a top, I just have never seen so much action going on in the chamber. The spent casings all appear to be normal.

Thanks guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-II4wjwRaY&feature=youtu.be - Here is the link to the video.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Be glad you're not left-handed.

The phenomenon you have just gotten acquainted with is pretty common with auto-loaders in general and it's exacerbated with open-bolt guns that don't have any sort of mechanism to lock the action closed until the chamber pressure has dropped to safe levels.  The only thing holding the action closed in your MAC is the mass of the bolt and the recoil spring, so it opens up quickly and lets gas and debris come flying out.  The powder charge will have an effect on this, as slower powders will still be burning as the action opens, allowing more flash and unburned powder to escape.  Installing a silencer will also make this worse, as the gasses that normally leave the muzzle unimpeded will be retained in the can and some of them will find their way out the chamber.

PLEASE use eye protection and watch that lowering of the muzzle after shooting.  If it's a habit, it's endangering your toes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the feedback! Roger that on muzzle awareness...didn't even occur to me that I was doing it until I watched the video. Good looking out.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top