Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 3:09:42 PM EDT
I am looking into building a Colt based SBR equivalent to the Colt Carbine LE6933 with 11.5" barrel.
I am able to find all the Colt parts required.
My question is:  from a purist point of view, should I get an M4 lower (Safe-Semi-3 Burst)  M4A1 lower (Safe-Semi-Full Auto)?
Of course my lower would be semi versions only and not have anything beyond SAFE - FIRE  markings. I will have a Colt M4 Upper.
Is there a difference in the M4 vs M4A1 in terms of barrel?

Other question - why do they say .155 pins instead of .154 pin for Colt?

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not simply buy a current production 6933 (if you want an 11.5" barrel) or 6921 (if you want a 14.5" barrel)? You will spend less and have an item that is more readily sold later if you want/need to sell.

As for M4 vs M4A1 lower, unless you are adding the third position markings, they won't exist on either lower. From a purist standpoint, you should always buy a factory made SBR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the M4A1 barrel is a heavier profile. Google it Bro.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget Colt LE6945.
Damn thing is sweet!
Paid $1450 for it and worth every penny.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:38:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I promise you can't piece one together for less than This.

Edit they have 6921s in stock for $3 more.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1.

I have a Colt factory 6933 that I love. Paid about $1,400 for it. Worth every cent.

Why not get The Real Thing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not simply buy a current production 6933 (if you want an 11.5" barrel) or 6921 (if you want a 14.5" barrel)? You will spend less and have an item that is more readily sold later if you want/need to sell.

As for M4 vs M4A1 lower, unless you are adding the third position markings, they won't exist on either lower. From a purist standpoint, you should always buy a factory made SBR.

+1.

I have a Colt factory 6933 that I love. Paid about $1,400 for it. Worth every cent.

Why not get The Real Thing?

I can vouch that, I was building a mk18 clone and was looking into colt marked m4 and was going to have some custom engraving work to add the "auto" marking and crane logo then add in a tac con 3 position trigger (back when that trigger was cool lol) then I added it all up and realized damn I'm going to spend nearly $2500 for a clone rifle. I decided not to build it, saved some money and bought a real m16
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all your inputs.
I've searched(and my Class III)  and yet to find one readily available, thus my thoughts to build one (and register as needed of course).
Any suggestions on where one is available.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#9]
i did one with mostly Colt parts in a RRA lower and no name upper, flat top...
its flawless, and alot of fun to shoot and accurate
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I built one with zero Colt parts.

DD barrel

LMT BCG, stock

DPMS upper, H2 buffer

PWA Commando lower

Less $ than Colt, and I have no resale intentions. Colts are great though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top