Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2014 11:32:07 PM EDT
I bought a PPSH-41 a while back, and am finally getting ammo for it.  I see that it mostly comes in S&B and Prvi.  The Prvi is pretty cheap, and I know it is good ammo, but have heard that older batches were too hot, corrosive, etc.  Thoughts on which brand to buy since surplus is all gone?  I know not many people own these guns or handle them, but if anyone out there has any recommendation for it at all, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Here is a picture of my gun for you to enjoy.  It's all matching amazingly, and I got the original amnesty papers with it.  Thanks again for any help.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful weapon, OP.

Tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
thats purty

as for ammo, of the people I know up here that have PPSH41 (2) they said that they never had any problems shooting them with ANY 7.62 ammo, hot or normal because the gun would just soak it all up, that said they ahve not shot them in a long, long time because of the abusive changes made to permits up here, so if your ammo is retardedly hot I guess that could be an issue

That the same drum as a Suomi?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
S&B ammo worked for me in pps43, privi's good to go too, as well as Wolf.

if Yugo surplus ever comes back jump on that, then Romanian, then Polish, Bulgarian (my order of pref)

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thats purty

as for ammo, of the people I know up here that have PPSH41 (2) they said that they never had any problems shooting them with ANY 7.62 ammo, hot or normal because the gun would just soak it all up, that said they ahve not shot them in a long, long time because of the abusive changes made to permits up here, so if your ammo is retardedly hot I guess that could be an issue

View Quote

Very similar, but not interchangeable.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
thats purty

View Quote

Different drum.

So in Canada can those guys not shoot the full autos they own?  That's ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Different drum.

So in Canada can those guys not shoot the full autos they own?  That's ridiculous.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thats purty

Different drum.

The only ranges that allow FA are DOD ranges, and last I checked civvies could not shoot there. Also the CFOs no-longer issues transfer permits for prohibited firearms, including lonagbarreled ones like the semi auto FAL rifles so those are a no go, even though most civvie ranges could handle them (after all a long barreled semi only FAL isn't functionally any different from a M14S is it?) but alas, most of these beautiful pieces of history are loacked away in safes never to be loved again
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The paper wrapped Bulgarian ammo is made for longer barrel guns (throws a hell of a flame out of a tokarev) suspect it would work best in your setup
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#8]
We use Rommy surplus in my uncle's Ppsh41 and it runs great. Luckily he bought 11 cases of it while it was 30 bucks a case, now days its getting hard to find.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We use Rommy surplus in my uncle's Ppsh41 and it runs great. Luckily he bought 11 cases of it while it was 30 bucks a case, now days its getting hard to find.

View Quote

Yea, surplus is not an option for me.  It's way overpriced now, and it's corrosive.  

I went ahead and bought 2000 rounds of Prvi.  Gonna try it out when it shows up.  Thanks everyone!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top