Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2014 7:20:46 PM EDT
I bought a SWR 9mm suppressor that is sold with a kit which comes with a Sig P229. Well I already have the Sig P229 so they sold me just the suppressor. I just picked it up, and nobody told me (I guess it was my job to do research) the thread pattern on the gun and can were opposite. So the dealer sent me a piston to use for them to fit. I got it in, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it.... can someone help me?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]

This video should help.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks! I didn't realize that's what the tool it came with was for.

Fixed it right up
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the nice thing a out silencerco cans. They come with the tools.

I had to buy a tool for my Tirant.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you shoot "subsonic" 9mm ammo through your suppressor or you're in for another disappointment.
147 grain bullets are subsonic.  124 grain and 115 grain are not and will sound really loud.

If you reload, you can make even quieter ammo.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the advice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top