Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 3:06:22 PM EDT
Just found a new in box SWD Mac 11/9. also comes with a seperate upper and some parts that will increase the rate of fire. I can get this whole package for $5500 shipped. Should I go for it? The seller is telling me the accessories are worth $1100-$1500. Please let me know what you think, as I am new to Mac's.

ETA- it's on a Form 3 from a dealer I believe.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably about average. The accessories are not that great - what you really want is something from Lage Manufacturing. Also, NIB usually means someone bought as an investment not a shooter, so it has not been debugged. Some of the '86 guns had a lot of quality problems, and the chances are a gently used gun has had these fixed. Lastly, you don't say if it is on a Form 3 or a Form 4... there wil be a difference in cost to you and time to do the paperwork. I suggest you do a lot more research before making this decision. The world is awash with M11/9 subguns so don't get emotionally attached to this one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
That was very informative my friend, thank you! So it's common, when purchasing one of these BNIB, to have some issues? Why is that and how can they be corrected?

I want one BNIB, but maybe I should find one lightly used and in confirmed working condition?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Weak welds and poor heat treating are the biggest issues. If you get a pre-86 gun you have a better chance. Personally I would decide on the configuration you want first, then look for a good deal. I would also buy through a local dealer you trust and will let you test fire. Go to the Uzitalk MAC forum and do your homework before you make a costly mistake.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the configuration I've been drooling over for the past year. The mac 11/9. This one is brand new and probably won't be able to test fire prior to purchase :(
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not great. I sold one with a lage upper for $5500.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]
While M11's may have a little more value due to more accessories, I purchased a RPB/PS double stamp M10/9mm three months ago for $5,000, and that was the top of the market at the time.

As for the "accessories"  You can see what the value of them are here:

http://www.usmachinegun.com/

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Jerry Prasher (sp?) had a fully Lage'd out lower (sear, trigger, safety, thumb grip,and folding stock) for $4900 a week or so ago.

That would be my choice. I would have bought it if I had the $$.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
M11/9 prices seem to have been slowing down a bit lately, hovering around the $5k area. NIB one's seem to really fluctuate in price though; some are in the low $5k range and others in the mid $6k range in asking price. For a NIB one I'd say a $5.5k asking price is good. Having said that, I would never pay more for a NIB M11 unless I was going to collect/safe queen/invest it (which I wouldn't).
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#10]
You should be able to get a side cocker upper for $230 new..  Not sure why anyone would want to shoot faster!  Usually people want to slow these things down.  You should be paying about $4500 for the 11/9, how much more for NIB is up to you.  This is an average to somewhat high deal.

Considering the manufacturing variances, NIB means no user has worked out the problems . . .

Mike
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Side cocker upper is nice to use with the m11/22 kit, other than that lage it out to slow it down. I did add a couple blocks to the bolt to get the rpm close to an mp5

Just for fun here's what it could be

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top