Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2014 3:35:09 PM EDT
Shot this for the first time yesterday.  Lone Wolf 9" barrel Lone Wolf A-2 comp.

Shooting medium hot (PPU) 10mm I had some feeding problems with my 19lb spring (the brass falls between my feet) and may go back to stock (17lb).  For using my normal length .40 conversion barrel I have had gone down to 15lb and 13lb for .40 plus a suppressor.

It is a couple inches more portable than my 7" barrel 9mm AR15.  Weight is about 1 oz shy of 5 lb with the optic.

The 20rd Arredondo mag extensions are the only 10mm solutions I have found that are 100% reliable.  

Mike
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone bags on the Ronis and other glock carbines but 10mm from a 9" barrel will have some serious energy and the thing is in the 4lb range. That's not a bad combo. I give it a thumbs up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there any room at the back of the slide? I have a post sample sear on my 19 and want to do a similar setup.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there any room at the back of the slide? I have a post sample sear on my 19 and want to do a similar setup.
View Quote

Here's kinda what the charging handle looks like, might have to get creative.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to ask, how much money do you have in that thing including that poor Glock?

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
PA sight, barrel and all, I would guess around $1500.

+ the $200 stamp
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks good.  Not bad on the price considering what it would take to make a 10/40 AR SBR.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

PA sight, barrel and all, I would guess around $1500.

+ the $200 stamp
View Quote

To each their own, I guess.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Still much cheaper than a mp5/10mm pistol or sbr.
Good deal man, let us know how she works and what ammo she likes. I'd like to take a 10mm sbr for hog hunting with some nice hard cast loads.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Poor Glock???
Not at liberty to say what I got the Roni for but it was $50 under dealer price (recently raised) and the dealer honored his origional quote.  Owned the G20 (using the slide) since 1993 or 1994 and the G21 (lower) for a few years.  Barrel was about $150 with threading.  Already owned the PA but that was $79 on sale.  Already owned glock springs in several weights.  Total price was significaltly less than my 9mm AR upper.

The Roni is one of 3 SBR configurations I have for glocks (I have 2 stamped glocks).  Can switch between SBR  and pistol cinfigurations in minutes.

MIke
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#10]
$1500??? Good God no! Not even close.  Closer to 1/3 than 1/2 that in parts.
.45 supressed as well with most of the supressor inside the Roni.  I'll post pictures some time.  Very light and handy little carbine.

I've found PPU very accurate.  I like Buff. Bore but am sick of playing the bullet lottery with them so I order XTPs from Underwood.  XTPs and Golden Bullets are too hard for handgun but they open up perfectly at carbine velocity.  One of my 10mm configurations is a 13.5" bbl (maxium velocity for Bren-level 180s).

Mike
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$1500??? Good God no! Not even close.  Closer to 1/3 than 1/2 that in parts.
.45 supressed as well with most of the supressor inside the Roni.  I'll post pictures some time.  Very light and handy little carbine.

I've found PPU very accurate.  I like Buff. Bore but am sick of playing the bullet lottery with them so I order XTPs from Underwood.  XTPs and Golden Bullets are too hard for handgun but they open up perfectly at carbine velocity.  One of my 10mm configurations is a 13.5" bbl (maxium velocity for Bren-level 180s).

Mike
View Quote

If you bought it all new now, at today's prices, you would be in that range.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Which is exactly why I like modularity, esp. when it comes to stamps.  I just wish someone made swappable 2/3/4 rd mag tubes for my 870 SBS.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]
My only issue with pistol-based carbines is the grip angle if you're wanting a super compact setup.
I use a MOE K2 grip on most of my short AR's because the grip is a little more vertical.

A Glock fits me just fine at arms length, not so much when it's only 6" from my face.

Will probably be even worse for a little while once this cast comes off...
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm 6'3" and shoot with a traditional bladed stance.  I hold my PCCs, ARs, and African-level magnums the same way.  I prefer a 13.5-14" LoP and I don't tuck the elbow which is probably why I don't have to deal with that issue.  On an AR I use the last position plus an extended butt plate on a military buffer tube and the second to the last position with a civilian buffer tube.
Once thing I noticed about PPCs, is that they have very long LoP, too long for me and I often use short to mid positions on them.  It might be because of grip angle.  Everyone's anatomy is a little different.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just wish someone made swappable 2/3/4 rd mag tubes for my 870 SBS.
View Quote

You have to come to the dark side and get a Mossberg for that sort of bad-assery.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been on the dark side since '93.  An old model Mariner is my house gun.  The 870 however, has one big advantage in short formats.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've been on the dark side since '93.  An old model Mariner is my house gun.  The 870 however, has one big advantage in short formats.
http://images.clipartpanda.com/ghost-clip-art-ghost-clipart-1.jpg

Mike
View Quote

You can ghost load a mossy pump, but it takes some grinding/filing and some coordination
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top