Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2014 3:56:34 PM EDT
Since this is really only applicable to F/A I figured posting it in the firearms section was more appropriate. JOHN_E and I put together this video the other day comparing our Bowers cans; his CAC9 (old baffle stack) and my VERS 9S. Last fall when I was looking at large volume F/A subgun cans I pretty much had it narrowed down to the CAC9* and VERS 9 & 9S, but there wasn't much firsthand experience available directly comparing the two. Hopefully this helps others trying to make the same decision since Bowers cans seem to be popular choices for the M11/9.

I'm really happy with the VERS 9S. After the FRP it really quiets down with a nice, low tone and handles the gas VERY well be it 3rd bursts or a magdump. I also like the shorter length that the 9S offers when mounted on the M11/9 with Max11 upper; it balances well and keeps the setup tight, maneuverable and compact.

*Dorothy told me that they're discontinuing the CAC9 and CAC45 which will be reflected in their next catalog. They'll continue to provide service and parts as well as VERS baffle stack upgrades for said cans however. They do have a limited number left in stock so if you were putting off buying one now may be the time to move.

Bowers CAC9 and VERS 9S
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the vid. im looking for a mac suppressor.

Also what kinda stock in on the mac w/ the cac?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also what kinda stock in on the mac w/ the cac?
View Quote

Its a mini uzi folding stock from practical solutions; practicalpage.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=148
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice job on video, watched it from the mac forum last night!

I expected the larger to be better---apparently not the case.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the video, need a suppressor for a max11 mk2, when it gets out of jail.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, did they say how much the cac cans were going to be lowered?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top