Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2014 10:32:56 PM EDT
are there any places selling sten mags for cheap anymore? whats best source for them?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:43:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Centerfire Systems has the Indian Sten mags that have been converted to 20 rounds for 20/$100.  I bought 20 a couple months ago and feel that they are a great deal for their condition/price.
View Quote

That is a good price for today.

Can you post some photos?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
can they be unconverted back to original capacity, for folks in free states?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes they have 4 brass rods.

It takes 20 sec and a pair of snipers..

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:53:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It takes 20 sec and a pair of snipers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It takes 20 sec and a pair of snipers.

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
i ordered a bunch, arriving soon.

my workshop isnt behind hostile enemy lines, so i shouldnt need a pair of snipers on overwatch while i convert them back to original capacity.

any reliabilty issues, or anything else to worry about when converting them back to 32 rounds? did they use different followers or springs in the converted mags?
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

my workshop isnt behind hostile enemy lines, so i shouldnt need a pair of snipers on overwatch while i convert them back to original capacity.

any reliabilty issues, or anything else to worry about when converting them back to 32 rounds? did they use different followers or springs in the converted mags?
View Quote

Nope just cut the rods.

Youtube it. Too easy...
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The reason the rods were installed was to address reliability issues when they were in use by Indian Railway(s) security police.  Even zero maintenance couldn't mess up the 20rd single-stack conversions.

If you don't live in India and clean your guns and magazines more often than once every five years or so, they're plenty reliable when converted back to their original 32rd double stack configuration.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Look on gun broker. From time to time you can find quantities of 10+ 32 round mags for $15 bucks a mag like I did. I have a few dozen now and the tools to reform the feed lips if they ever spread so I'm happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top