Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2014 8:38:44 AM EDT
I'm looking at Stens, Mac 9's and Stemple.
I like the Sten for its classic styling, the Mac for it versatility, but have been drawn to the Stemple from looking at some of their vids on youtube etc.
Is it the ugly duck thats actually a Swan ?

What else should I look at ?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#1]
SWD M11 then Lage it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Find a dirt cheap m11/9 or m10/9. Lots of versatility. You can leave it stock for full auto fast giggles or throw on a lage and slow it down to 700 some rpm with a red dot, rails, and a nice folder stock. I'd say its damn near flexible gun at that price range and sure to go up in value int he NFA world. I really wanted a sterling but macs have the biggest accesory support for it right now.
They also have an upper that shoots 5.56 and takes AR mags; supposedly a belt fed upper is in the works.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find a dirt cheap m11/9 or m10/9. Lots of versatility. You can leave it stock for full auto fast giggles or throw on a lage and slow it down to 700 some rpm with a red dot, rails, and a nice folder stock. I'd say its damn near flexible gun at that price range and sure to go up in value int he NFA world. I really wanted a sterling but macs have the biggest accesory support for it right now.
They also have an upper that shoots 5.56 and takes AR mags; supposedly a belt fed upper is in the works.
View Quote

I have a M11/9   what are they doing with them now...have not taken mine out of the safe for years...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a M11/9   what are they doing with them now...have not taken mine out of the safe for years...
View Quote

You can go 5.56 with them, for one.  M10 shown, but there is an M11 version as well:

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
SWD M11 then Lage it.
View Quote

This would be my choice as well. Stens are cool, but they are just a sten, the MAC you have so many other options.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.max-11.com/MAX11.html
Just go here and put ur name down now!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SWD M11 then Lage it.
View Quote

This. A no brainer. The Lage stuff is AWESOME, tons of aftermarket parts and support, etc. etc. Also the 5.56/223 upper from Alliance really ups the game.

A Sten would be cool as an addition to a diverse and versatile machine gun collection, but extremely limited if it's your only MG.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This. A no brainer. The Lage stuff is AWESOME, tons of aftermarket parts and support, etc. etc. Also the 5.56/223 upper from Alliance really ups the game.

A Sten would be cool as an addition to a diverse and versatile machine gun collection, but extremely limited if it's your only MG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SWD M11 then Lage it.

This.

For a first gun, get a Mac of some kind. Then later Shoot other guns and buy what you like, not what looks cool on youtube.

I have a ton of macs m11a1, m11s, m10/9 and m10/45s. All are in the same family but very different shooters.

I also have a MK II sten great gun, cheap mags love it. I need to run my Stemple more to form a better opinion.

But get the Mac.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Last month, I purchased a RPB/ Powder Springs M10/9mm double stamp.  At this point the market is at a high for any MAC firearms.  Obviously MGs only go up in value, but the MACs are pushed into a new price bracket primarily due to Lage uppers,  SABRE upper, and better stocks.

M-11s have a lot more options, but the M10/9mm is built a little beefier.

Currently, a dealer on Uzitalk is making an affordable, reliable metal magazine for the M-11 that is a great alternative to either zytel magazines or a sten magazine conversion.

As for M10/9mms, RPB industries is making original magazines for around $50 now.  It is possible to convert Suomi stick magazines to work in the M-10/9mm (what I am doing), and there is the option of having the grip replace to accept cheap Uzi magazines.  I was going to do this, but did not want to permanently modify the firearm.

All in all, a MAC is a better option for the "one-SMG" owner who wants the most versatility from the gun.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I went with a Sten for my first due to the fact that they can be changed over to a Sterling. That and I have a thing for WWII weaponry anyway.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:42:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
SWD M11 then Lage it.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SWD M11 then Lage it.

This is the route I took as well. Got the Max-11 and the Max-11 22 kit. I'm on the waiting list for the Max31 upper too because I got in on a group buy on the Suomi drums.

I was laughing the first time I shot it with the Max11-22 kit installed. So much fun. It ran great with the first mag of Remington Golden Bullet and I've never liked RGB before. Now I wish I had bought more when I could. It also ran 100% with the Federal bulk I fed it.

The customer service from the very nice people at Lage can't be beat.

*edit* add photo:

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:40:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I was going to say Sterling, if you want military provenance... you could probably find one for 5k, with a little luck.  Sterling's are awesome.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The M11/9 is a lot of fun. The lage max11 totally changes how the gun handles, making it easy to keep on target and more comfortable to shoot. The m11/22 kit is great for shooting cans and just dumping mags. It really is true what they say..."Buy now because they will only go up".
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 1:17:23 AM EDT
[#15]
This thread needs moar MG pics. Here's my Tactical Innovations Sten converted SWD M11/9 with Lage Max 11 upper. I also have the Lage Max 31 upper, takes 71 round Suomi drums.

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#16]
The Stench guns have a nice and slow rate of fire but point well and is VERY controllable.
The MAC's are lead hoses. Hard to get off short bursts , short sight radius, etc.

I prefer the Sten over the MAC but both are fun to shoot. The original Powder Springs , Ga / MAC guns were all excellent.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 6:40:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

This thread needs moar MG pics. Here's my Tactical Innovations Sten converted SWD M11/9 with Lage Max 11 upper. I also have the Lage Max 31 upper, takes 71 round Suomi drums.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh632/SixSquared9/P1000002.jpg

View Quote
did you get in on that Uzitalk Suomi drum group buy?

$15ea!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
did you get in on that Uzitalk Suomi drum group buy?   $15ea!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh632/SixSquared9/P1000002.jpg

did you get in on that Uzitalk Suomi drum group buy?   $15ea!!!

No, I wish. I got the one that came with the Lage upper and was planning to buy some more at approx. $25ish. Then of course, Sandy Hook happened and my only panic buy was some more Suomi drums for more than $25, I think I paid more like $40-50 each. Such is life.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 12:57:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Stench guns have a nice and slow rate of fire but point well and is VERY controllable.
The MAC's are lead hoses. Hard to get off short bursts , short sight radius, etc.

I prefer the Sten over the MAC but both are fun to shoot. The original Powder Springs , Ga / MAC guns were all excellent.
View Quote

With all due respect, yes, the stock upper is a bullet hose (but fun!) and a tough to hold a group, especially with a Mac Jack . However, the Lage uppers slooow her down and make both short and longer bursts very controllable and accurate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Damn, seriously need to pick up the SABRE 556 upper. I hate having to drill a hole in the receiver, but I might have to suck it up for that awesomeness.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

With all due respect, yes, the stock upper is a bullet hose (but fun!) and a tough to hold a group, especially with a Mac Jack . However, the Lage uppers slooow her down and make both short and longer bursts very controllable and accurate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was specifically comparing stock sub guns.
If you want to mod them or drop close to a grand on an upper then the sky is the limit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I went with an M11/9 and 'Lage'd it'

With the mk2 versions of the Lage uppers starting to roll out people are selling off their mk1 versions for pretty cheap (myself included)  one of the NFA boards has two Lage uppers for sale (w/ .22 kits) pretty cheap.  As more and more stuff rolls out for the Macs you can treat them like ARs (mixing and matching until you find what you like).

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I interpreted the title as you wanted to know the best place to purchase 5,000 rounds of 9mm for your machine gun.
I have no answers
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a M11/9 with stock and Lage uppers.   I have tried out a MK760 and a MK5 Sten (tube gun) as part of a potential purchase.   I found them almost boring compared to the M11/9 and passed.   Based on current prices though, really wished I had bought the Sten V.   However, the workmanship on both wasn't inspiring either and that is even compared to a Mac.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I've started looking around, interested in purchasing a MAC.  Not many posted on the websites that are linked.

Wouldn't be easier to purchase from a dealer?  That way it could be transfered on a Form 3 and not have to deal with paying two transfer costs and waiting double?

What are your thoughts on Tactical Innovations?  I noticed they had some New in Box SWD 10/9.  Is $5000 the going rate for that?

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:14:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've started looking around, interested in purchasing a MAC.  Not many posted on the websites that are linked.

Wouldn't be easier to purchase from a dealer?  That way it could be transfered on a Form 3 and not have to deal with paying two transfer costs and waiting double?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Buying from a dealer would be easier unless you can find a gun in-state, then it would be a direct form 4 transfer. You can buy from an individual that way.

Quoted:What are your thoughts on Tactical Innovations?  I noticed they had some New in Box SWD 10/9.  Is $5000 the going rate for that?
New in Box isn't a positive in my mind. I'd rather have a lightly used gun that is proven. $5K is about the going price for a MAC.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What are your thoughts on Tactical Innovations?  I noticed they had some New in Box SWD 10/9.  Is $5000 the going rate for that?

View Quote

There have been a few good deals lately on Gunbroker. Relatively good I guess.... There was a M11/Nine that sold for ~$4650 from Frank the other day. The week before two of them sold for $6500 EA. The auctions are all over the place.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:51:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Who Frank? Think I may figured out who but want to be sure as I keep seeing these references to him. I'm looking for a m11/9 or uzi. Most likely m11 first as I'm about to send in sot. I don't know price deference in transferable and pre samples right now as I'm floored how they went up since last summer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#31]
I found a m11 in 9mms. For $4500 seems like a good deal.its stock tho
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Who Frank? Think I may figured out who but want to be sure as I keep seeing these references to him. I'm looking for a m11/9 or uzi. Most likely m11 first as I'm about to send in sot. I don't know price deference in transferable and pre samples right now as I'm floored how they went up since last summer.
View Quote

Frank Goepfert (sp ?) look on Gunbroker but watch your step. As in a used car dealer everything has to find a home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top