Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2014 4:32:59 PM EDT
Gents,
Looking at buying a mac10 in 9mm so I can go the Lage upper route as a secondary subgun, but damned if I can figure out all the different variants of the m10 in 9mm.
Anyone got a good website that breaks it down barney style?
Also, is there a preferred manufactuer of mac10s in 9mm? (Swd, RPB, etc)
I've tracked one down that has had the sten mag conversion done on it, are those compatible with the Lage uppers? I only ask cause I have a crate full of greasy sten mags that would keep me from paying 50 bucks a pop for original mac10 mags.
Sorry for the barrage of questions, but these variants with single stack/double stack, blahblah is driving me nuts trying to figure it out, and I want to buy it right the first time if I'm going to convert it to use a Lage upper.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
it's not that confusing

all the 9mm mac mags are double stack

the original 9mm MAC10 used a double feed mag made by walther that costs about $125 now

the SWD M11/9 and the SWD made MAC10/9s use a shit-tastic single feed plastic copy of the walther mag called a zytel, which cost about $25

Since the original mac mags are hard to get and the zytels are crap, people have successfully modded other mags to work

the most common mag mod is to use PAM2 mags in place of the zytels

you can glue steel feed lips to the zytels

also, UZI grips have been welded onto the M10/9 and sten grips have been welded onto the M10/9 and M11/9

This approach works very well

You need to check with Lage if they make a upper than is compatible with UZI mags or sten mags.  No doubt they do, it is very common

so anyway, you can get single feed or double feed bolts for the M10/9.  Otherwise the two versions are identical, the single feed and double feed mags fit the same grip and mag catch

suppose you get a M10/9 set up to take zytel mags.  swap the bolt out for a DF and then you can use the walther mags

I had a MAC10 in 9mm with the UZI grip and I think it was fine as a subgun in stock form, it was very reliable.

I would have bought a side cocking upper with a rail to mount a red dot before I went and spent all that coin on a Lage setup

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 2:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've tracked one down that has had the sten mag conversion done on it, are those compatible with the Lage uppers? I only ask cause I have a crate full of greasy sten mags that would keep me from paying 50 bucks a pop for original mac10 mags.
View Quote

Yes, the sten conversions are compatible with the Lage uppers.  Let him know you've got a sten conversion when you order (he usually asks, whether you tell him or not) and he'll ship it with the correct bolt for your sten mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top