Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2014 4:41:33 PM EDT
Is it legal for an SOT to rent a post 86 machine gun at his range for use by an individual to try? Or must it be the individual buys the ammo and has the ability to run it through a post 86?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
my local gunshop rents out class III stuff.  They do make sure one of their staff is with you in the range when you are there, but they do rent them out.  The ammo is the renters responsibility, I believe they make you buy it from them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]
PSA does it for their indoor range.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PSA does it for their indoor range.
View Quote

There's a Groupon going on right now for range time at the Greenville store, including MG rentals.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The place I worked at rented a bunch of class III stuff and we required our ammo to be run through it. However I ran my own ammo through it a the time cause our price on ammo was nuts.  

I pounded the Uzi. Sig 551,AUG,MP5,beretta , and the g36 and glock 18.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I figured the pre 86 stuff not to be an issue but was wondering about the posties.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a lot of similar threads that go into more detail, but in general - post samples are specifically to be used as sales samples to sell guns to LEO/mil, etc.  You can't make posties to rent out.  However, what you do with your post samples after you have used them for their intended purposes is up to you.  It's a fine line - don't get yourself in trouble. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top