Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2013 6:28:00 PM EDT
I'm hoping someone on this forum has one that may be laying around collecting dust.  I've tried ebay and gunbroker, with no luck, and someone said I should check here.

Doesn't hurt to ask right?

Appreciate the help.

Bobby
THMfg.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting

includes pictures if you want to know what it is
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting

includes pictures if you want to know what it is
View Quote

TNT Armoury is long out of business.  They sold the TDP and rights to the Doorknocker mount to a Florida manufacturer many years ago.  That manufacturer subsequently went out of business too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks pretty much like the Knights Armament Masterkey which you can find for sale pretty readily. They are fairly spendy for what you get in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciener_Ultimate_Over/Under

Ciener was making them a while back - I seriously doubt that he's doing so any longer and it would be tough to find one for sale.

I've commented on people asking about this before - this makes for a rather heavy and unbalanced gun - I've handled one and was unimpressed though some people do like them.  Before dropping a huge amount of coin on one I'd try an experiment - take an 870 or 590 without the buttstock and zip tie it to the front of your AR, then try handling it.  Since you'd probably use an SBS you'd save some weight on the actual gun but then you have to add back the weight of the actual mounting hardware so it should be more or less a wash.  If after a few minutes you're reaching for a set of clippers to make your gun into something you'd actually use I've just saved you a bit of money.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
rjf

neva been done before
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't look like it'd be that hard to have one made for you. It's basically just the mounting setup of the M203 (a lug to ride in the barrel nut, and a clamp to hold it to the barrel), but with fixtures to bolt a shotgun to it.

Personally I'd want to put a full sized shotgun on a 20" upper, so you get all of the Predator goodness, with none of the tax stamps.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 1:22:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I got one from Armslist made by SAGE - the same guys who make M14 stocks for the .mil. It uses 4 screws to hold the bracket to the receiver (must drill and tap receiver), bayo lug (carbine length location), and replaces pivot pin in the lower with a longer one that the ass end of the bracket latches onto. I have not had it all hooked up yet as the shotgun remains at the engraver for NFA markings.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want the real thing, it's called a Masterkey and it's made/sold by Knights Armament. They transfer as a SBS not a DD though. It does make an M4 pretty heavy, but it's much shorter and compact than any of the things shown previously in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Just build it, here's mine.

" />
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Question of the day: Since your AR pistol can now use the vertical grip from the Serbu, did you have to register it as an AOW as well?

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
rjf

neva been done before
View Quote

they even call it a master key.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I still have my scaled drawing but the 870 receive contour ball endmill and all the extra M203 bbl brackets and fiberglass bushings went to Anvil Arms.  AA went bankrupt a year or two after I sold him my tooling and TDP.    I'm disabled now, sold off all my metal working equipent.   But, if somebody has a mill I might can work something out.

I started with a 12ft bar of 1.5" sq 6061 square stock, which worked out to 13 bracket blanks.

Now that the KAC M203QD brackets are fairly easy to find and cheap, it can still be made by obviously not for the $135 each I was selling them for at the time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top