Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/5/2008 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had my 86 M-11 for around 2 years.  I purchased a LAGE upper shortly after, (Lage is the best guy I've ever deal with).  My Sten, Uzi and HK sear would go before my M-11.  I always thought the little mac were trash, before I bought one.  Now, I'm  thinking of trying to trade my Uzi for 2 Macs.  The only gun I shoot more is my 16.

Thanks,
JEff
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 5:25:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bruh44] [#2]
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
hope they are, i've got one on the way
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Dumb question I am sure, but if you buy a transferrable auto M11, is there any part that could break that you can't replace?  I guess my question could be reworded as what is the transferrable part in the eyes of the ATF?
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The reciever. There are plenty of places that can fix them with welding, but if it were completely destroyed (not likely) you can't just make a new one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Tony, great info about the M11 on the very first page! Do you have any experience with the powder springs M10? I just bought one, and it's a low serial 1972 model. Am I likely to have similar issues to the ones you described at the begining of the thread? It's an M10/9.

thanks for the wisdom!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gfunk:

Finally took my NIB 86 M11/9 out yesterday and it ran like a top.  2 Jams out of 150 rounds using cheap brown bear ammo and a recon ordance PAM2 mag.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Just bought an '86 SWD M11/9 this morning, hopefully it runs strong when my stamps come in - I also got a MIMS 9mm suppressor to go along with it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
Just bought an '86 SWD M11/9 this morning, hopefully it runs strong when my stamps come in - I also got a MIMS 9mm suppressor to go along with it.

well?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:20:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gfunk] [#11]

Finally took my NIB 86 M11/9 out yesterday and it ran like a top.  2 Jams out of 150 rounds using cheap brown bear ammo and a recon ordance PAM2 mag.

Took it out again this past weekend a modified 70 round suomi drum someone made for me to test it.  Had 1 FTE about half way thru, but it's a cool drum!!  Then ran it w/ a drop in rate reducer and some regular recon ord mags w/ n hicups at all.  Love that little thing, need to upgrade my stock and get my Lage 22 conversion for it.

Video of Converted Suomi Drum
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Make sure to get a Lage .22 conversion kit, either the stock one or for the Max11. They rock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Chas8008:

well?

Still waiting on ATF, had to transfer on a Form 3 to dealer then Form 4 to me.  At least I'm pending!   Got on the list for a Lage .22 kit for Max11, and as soon as the stamps come in I will be grabbing his slow-fire upper.
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#14]

well?

Still waiting on ATF, had to transfer on a Form 3 to dealer then Form 4 to me.  At least I'm pending!   Got on the list for a Lage .22 kit for Max11, and as soon as the stamps come in I will be grabbing his slow-fire upper.

cool, is it at your inroute to your dealer or you?

I am getting a Mac 10/9 Myself
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 8:55:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrapos] [#15]

well?

It's at the dealer, just waiting on the pending form 4 to me. Hopefully not too much longer of a wait, I sent the forms in at the end of July (form 3 took 2 months, from late April to late June!) I've been able to fondle it a few times while picking up other stuff.

You are gonna love the Mac!  If you don't, sell it to me
Link Posted: 9/30/2010 3:30:06 AM EDT
[#16]
So for all those thinking of getting an M11/9, DON"T DO IT! I'm so tired of this POS. I've been having SOOOOO many problems with it I'm thinking of selling it, just to be done with it and not waste any more money on it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:52:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ftldrben] [#17]
Originally Posted By bruh44:
So for all those thinking of getting an M11/9, DON"T DO IT! I'm so tired of this POS. I've been having SOOOOO many problems with it I'm thinking of selling it, just to be done with it and not waste any more money on it.

What mags are you using? I've found 100% of my issues come from mags (feed angle/catch height) except for ejector rods that Richard replaced but, I'm sure, I bent them up by over inserting some mags OR careless handling (likely) of bolts that I carry as alternatives (Tactical/Speed/Stock).

Never had a problem w/mine I couldn't solve with the help of arfcom, uzitalk or Richard Lage.

Link Posted: 11/9/2010 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#18]
With new stock setup.  Runs like a champ w/ this HK style upper and the drop in rate reducer (DIRR).  I may sell this upper and rate reducer to fund another project.  I really do like the reduced rate of fire though in such a small package.  What to do.....

Link Posted: 1/15/2011 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I just wish someone would start making some parts for the .380 subguns
Link Posted: 1/16/2011 8:37:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ftldrben] [#20]
Originally Posted By 8mmDale:
Hey Tony, great info about the M11 on the very first page! Do you have any experience with the powder springs M10? I just bought one, and it's a low serial 1972 model. Am I likely to have similar issues to the ones you described at the begining of the thread? It's an M10/9.

thanks for the wisdom!

I'm not Tony K but I've met him

The M10/9 was the last MAC that I purchase out of a trio of MAC's: M11, M10/45 and M10/9. There is no doubt that the M10/9 is the most over-engineered of the group with a .45 frame firing the 9mm cartridge. It runs on Richard Lage's Suomi 36 round LNIB mags that'll be as near 100% as you could find anywhere with any gun. My MAX11 runs great and my M10/45 is a beast that I've learned to control,and run with a can most of the time so its amazingly smoother, but the M10/9 is the most prototypical machine gun in the group: It runs fast and is just hard enough to control that you feel challenged by it but yet you'll soon master it. If you have a good deal on one and want to pass, I'll take it!
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Theres a new upper coming out for them. Since it doesn't use the orriginal feeding system or mags I imagine it'll make it a much more dependable gun. MAX-31
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 2:58:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By bruh44:
Theres a new upper coming out for them. Since it doesn't use the orriginal feeding system or mags I imagine it'll make it a much more dependable gun. MAX-31

This^...upper is the tip of the spear as far as Richard Lage is concerned.

If you can't get an M11/MAX11 to run right (and you should be able to w/little effort) I don't see how you plan on running the newest Lage product.
Machine gunnin requires a little wrenching or filing once in a while and A LOT of maintenance.

But the mags are the key: Name a MAC and I'll tell you what we've all found to be the best mags out there for it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2011 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#23]

well?

Get yours yet?

I finally got mine last month and have been shooting the snot out of it - no issues with the gun at all, it runs 100%!

One of the Zytel mags wouldn't hold more than 4-5 rounds because it was so worn, but a quick heat/bend/freeze cured that ailment.  

Now it's time for the Lage kit!

Link Posted: 2/19/2011 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]

well?

Still waiting on ATF, had to transfer on a Form 3 to dealer then Form 4 to me. At least I'm pending! Got on the list for a Lage .22 kit for Max11, and as soon as the stamps come in I will be grabbing his slow-fire upper.

Get yours yet?

I finally got mine last month and have been shooting the snot out of it - no issues with the gun at all, it runs 100%!

One of the Zytel mags wouldn't hold more than 4-5 rounds because it was so worn, but a quick heat/bend/freeze cured that ailment.

Now it's time for the Lage kit!

http://andrapos.com/Misc/M11MIMS3.jpg

not yet,

day 81

Link Posted: 2/19/2011 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I need to send my gun in to Practical Solutions. I haven't had it running right in quite some time. I think my feed ramp is off. I've been told how to fix that, but I don't want to mess with it. I'd rather leave that for someone who knows what they're doing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#26]
what are the best mags for a m10/9 single stack bolt???
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By dstennes:
what are the best mags for a m10/9 single stack bolt???

see usmachinegun.com, they sell slightly modified PAM2 mags, which are supposed to be the best option.

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 1:10:08 AM EDT
[#28]
i just picked up an M11A1 in 380, it only came with 1 mag so i'm looking to pick up at least 2 more but i'm not sure which ones to get.  i'm not going to put too much into the 380 as i will be buying a Lage upper in 9mm to do 95% of my shooting with, are there mags that work with both calibers?  i've seen mags on line from $30 each up to $90 each and i'm new to the MAC world so i'm not sure which to get.  i would also like to get 1 of the huge mags like a 50rd one or is there anyone who makes a drum for this caliber?
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I have an 83 vintage m11/9 I bought a bunch of spares while waiting on the paperwork. I have yet to use the first one. I did have to tweak the feed ramp. mine still has the flat whack you in the forehead cocking knob.  Mine was used and sten converted .
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Can an M11 in .380 be converted to run in 9mm?
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:35:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By andrasik:

No. There were attempts to make M11's in 9mm, but the frame couldn't handle it. That's what led to the elongated frame of the M11/9.

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CrawdadsRevenge:

No. There were attempts to make M11's in 9mm, but the frame couldn't handle it. That's what led to the elongated frame of the M11/9.

Copy, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Lage makes a 9mm upper for a .380 MAC that is supposed to run and not tear it up. Faster cyclic rate bit people seem to like them. It has to be an SWD though so that It will take 11/9 sized mags.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Copy, thanks.

Wrong answer . Len at Historic Arms did one M11a1'  converted to 9mm and is Glock mag converted as well . I shot it . I even have a pic on my facebook. . I ran shockingly fast but runs great . leaves you with a smile
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 2:50:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: creophus] [#35]
Yes they are reliable.  I love mine!

Mine runs 100% with 9mm stock and with the Lage conversion.

The .22lr kit is being broken in, and as such is not 100% reliable yet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 1:01:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Mine is Sten converted and is as reliable (or more so) as post sample factory MG's I've shot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:32:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bklyn_Irish] [#37]
Just picked up...I'll not mention the price lest I be lynched out of jealousy...an SWD M11/9 85000XXXX (& Bowers CAC-9) from an estate sale. Along with it came seven (7) Cobray Zytel magazines, one of which seems to be having some feed lip issues. I have ordered a Lage Max-11 with 750rpm bolt and side folding stock. It has run flawlessly.

1. Should I install the feed lip inserts as a preemptive strike?
2. Should I order the Lage sear and extractor, or would that be a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?"
3. Are there any buffers that are better than the others?
4. Who are some recommended M11/9 gunsmiths?
5. Is there a "one-stop shop" for all of my M11/9 needs/wants?
6. Any other recommendations?

Sure, I have a long wait for the Form 4s to come back, but I have access to the gun when it is in the transferor's possession and I wouldn't mind getting some of this out of the way before BATFE approval comes back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:

Just picked up...I'll not mention the price lest I be lynched out of jealousy...an SWD M11/9 85000XXXX (& Bowers CAC-9) from an estate sale. Along with it came seven (7) Cobray Zytel magazines, one of which seems to be having some feed lip issues. I have ordered a Lage Max-11 with 750rpm bolt and side folding stock. It has run flawlessly.

1. Should I install the feed lip inserts as a preemptive strike?

2. Should I order the Lage sear and extractor, or would that be a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?"

3. Are there any buffers that are better than the others?

4. Who are some recommended M11/9 gunsmiths?

5. Is there a "one-stop shop" for all of my M11/9 needs/wants?

6. Any other recommendations?

Sure, I have a long wait for the Form 4s to come back, but I have access to the gun when it is in the transferor's possession and I wouldn't mind getting some of this out of the way before BATFE approval comes back.

I would definitely do the sear, don't wait for it to go bad. My stock sear failed in under 1k rounds ('86 gun) and almost caused an accident when it went.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#39]
All your questions can be answered here: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?82-MAC-10-Talk
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#40]

As soon as my form 4 comes back I will disprove that.Should be any day now...there was an error on my paperwork about 2 weeks ago, Correction was sent out so I should have it soon.  I bought a M11A1 with two uppers one in .380 and the other in 9mm....
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Anybody with a line on M10 9mm barrels please post or IM.

I'm going nuts trying to find one in stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a LAGE MAX-11A/9mm for my M11A1 .380 lower -- works great as a 9mm conversion.

For original .380 use, installing the Lage steel feed lips on regular Zytel mags make them suitable for 380 (while staying 9mm compatible too).  I've done that with almost all of my Zytel mags so I can use them either way.

The LAGE MAX-31A upper is a 9mm drum-feed upper for the M11A1 and is my favorite configuration for the gun.  Besides using Suomi 72-rd drums, it will also run Suomi 50-rd Coffin mags (if you can find them), and 'converted' 30-rd Sten mags.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NHguns:

As soon as my form 4 comes back I will disprove that.Should be any day now...there was an error on my paperwork about 2 weeks ago, Correction was sent out so I should have it soon.  I bought a M11A1 with two uppers one in .380 and the other in 9mm....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NHguns:

They're saying 90 days after corrections these days. I hope they were lying to me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Any thoughts on the Promags for the M11?
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 1:11:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bruh44] [#45]
So a few years back in this thread I had some pretty negative things to say about the M11/9. I decided not to sell it because it's still a good investment. Then Richard Lage came out with the MAX-31 upper. Since I got it my faith has been partially restored in the M11/9. Recently I got to be a Beta tester for Shockwave Technologies to test out their new Z-mag. The weakest part of M11/9s has always been the magazines. This mag ran 100% for me and is getting really good reviews from most others too. This mag so far has made me feel like I have a new gun. This is the link to the reviews from the testers: Uzitalk.com
I've got some videos posted on there. If your looking for a quality mag, I definitely recommend checking these out. They're supposed to be up for sale in the next few months.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Keeping on top of functional mags for the M11's, both Zytel and Recon Ordnance is a real chore. I'm probably like most folks in that I lose track of which ones are working or not at the range and then can't figure out which ones need cleaned or to have the feed ramps tweaked etc. New factory mags that work would change the relationship I have with my subgun.

Anyone else see the new .223 STANAG compatible upper for the M10 and soon to be M11?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

Keeping on top of functional mags for the M11's, both Zytel and Recon Ordnance is a real chore. I'm probably like most folks in that I lose track of which ones are working or not at the range and then can't figure out which ones need cleaned or to have the feed ramps tweaked etc. New factory mags that work would change the relationship I have with my subgun.

Anyone else see the new .223 STANAG compatible upper for the M10 and soon to be M11?
View Quote
Yup, here is my M11 version

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TkFF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfxmKoKER_Y

View All Quotes

So this isn't the SABRE?
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 6:33:51 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

That's going to be awfully tempting.

Details?
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm happy with mine. The firing system is so simple that its like an AK of the machine pistol world.
I read the myth of macs are bad is due to post ban since the atf required them to be closed bolt.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top