Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2016 12:56:45 AM EDT
While they are not technically a DD, I figured this would be the best place to ask. Are they hyper sensitive to shock or static, and what is used to initiate them? I laid my hands on a big lot of them and I am trying to figure out how they can be used for safe training for booby traps or IEDs for .mil personnel. Any info you guys may have would be great. Thx!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no first hand experience, but it's my understanding that AT mines are supposed to require a lot of weight to trigger, so they don't get wasted on infantry or light vehicles.

If ypu want to send me one, I'll test it out for you.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
While they are not technically a DD, I figured this would be the best place to ask. Are they hyper sensitive to shock or static, and what is used to initiate them? I laid my hands on a big lot of them and I am trying to figure out how they can be used for safe training for booby traps or IEDs for .mil personnel. Any info you guys may have would be great. Thx!
View Quote

Where, pray tell, did you get them? And are there more? And at what price?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish, I would have gotten everything they had short of a pallet of them. If I can figure out how to initiate them, they will make great training aids for IEDs and booby traps. Minimal flame and lots of smoke, easy peazy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Pics or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top