Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2016 9:10:09 AM EDT
I've been considering producing a 37mm barrel for my airsoft m203 that I converted to shotgun muzzleloader. If the receiver will accept an m203 barrel and fire is it considered a DD even if such a barrel is not in your possession? My current firing mechanism only works with the muzzle-loader, but I've a new design that could be made to work with a 37mm barrel.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#1]
If it will accept an M203 barrel it should be considered a firearm, and not a non-gun flare/smoke launcher.

However it would not be considered a DD unless it had a 40mm barrel on it, or was possessed with 37mm anti personnel rounds.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it will accept an M203 barrel it should be considered a firearm, and not a non-gun flare/smoke launcher.

However it would not be considered a DD unless it had a 40mm barrel on it, or was possessed with 37mm anti personnel rounds.
View Quote
This.

It'd be just like a real M203 receiver, which is a Title I (normal) firearm in the same conditions as above.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just to clarify, If you just install a 37mm barrel and only launch flares or smoke, then no, it is not a DD.  However, the minute you launch any other round: regular shotgun rounds (not black powder), flaschette rounds, rubber stinger balls, beanbags, chalk rounds, baton rounds, bird bombs, etc., then YES it must be registered as a DD.  BATFE considers all of the rounds that I mentioned "anti personnel"
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
So they do not consider black powder shotshells to be "anti personnel"?

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So they do not consider black powder shotshells to be "anti personnel"?  
View Quote

Hes talkin muzzle loading blackpowder. Hes got a big thread in the retro about how he made the muzzle loading shotgun conversion to an airsoft 203
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Understood. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help. I'll be updating my retro thread in the next 2-days with my new fire control group.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top