Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2016 6:32:35 PM EDT
Where can someone find a cannon breech for the larger calibers such as 20 and 25mm? I have located a local 25mm bushmaster barrel, and was wondering who makes breeches for these barrels? Building the trailer and other stuff doesn't seem to hard, but I can't seem to find out who builds the most important part of the gun.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that these are custom made by individual builders or by a machine shop.  I doubt that there is enough of a market to support making these for general resale.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
As stated, you're fairly much on your own. I suggest H. Peter's "Armament Engineering" as a starting point for your design.

That 25mm barrel, what was the asking price? I've been wondering on the cost, but they don't commonly pop up for sale.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As stated, you're fairly much on your own. I suggest H. Peter's "Armament Engineering" as a starting point for your design.

That 25mm barrel, what was the asking price? I've been wondering on the cost, but they don't commonly pop up for sale.
View Quote

1900 if you pick it up, or 2600 if shipped.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Call Mike Riker or Eric Lufty @ Thunderbird Cartridge and ask them about a breech.

I know Mike makes a 20mm breech for vulcan barrels, but it's too small for the 25x137.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Call Mike Riker or Eric Lufty @ Thunderbird Cartridge and ask them about a breech.

I know Mike makes a 20mm breech for vulcan barrels, but it's too small for the 25x137.
View Quote

Mike can make up to 40mm breeches.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure his 40mm is a dewat bofors that he reactivated by cutting off all of the autofeed stuff.

The 20mm breech I have will take up to the 30x113 rounds. The barrel is threaded 2 1/2 x 10.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top