Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2016 12:14:28 AM EDT

Picked these up from Damage Industries.  They seem nice for the price.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:46:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Good deal. Thanks for posting this! My shipping charge was $28 (3-day Priority, no options) and I ordered 20.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap. Worth a try if nothing else! Gonna have to order some...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good deal. Thanks for posting this! My shipping charge was $28 (3-day Priority, no options) and I ordered 20.  
View Quote

This is what I love about the DD community. You guys don't mess around. Go big or go home! I ordered 2 of the 20g ones. Already have some good 12g adapters from destiny.

I wonder why they recommend not using these DI adapters with slugs and Magnum loads. Should be able to handle 20g loads just fine...

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:00:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering the same thing. What about 3" 12ga.? Can other 12ga adapters handle it? I only buy 2.75" anyway so NBD.

I like to go big and then go home.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 4:30:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm almost positive I've read that DDs 12g adapters have been tested with even the most beastly 3" loads, maybe 3.5" as well. I'll have to ask her about this. In any case, the 20g one should have even thicker material around the round and be lower pressure, no? One would think that if all they materials are identical, that if it could handle 12g loads out could handle any 20g ones including slugs...

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Forgive my ignorance, how do you pop the spent hull from the adaptor?
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rod it out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I would love to have these for my D.D. 37 mm launcher.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Rod it out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rod it out.

So having a handful would be ideal so you're not trying to reload on the fly. Gotcha
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Update regarding my order...

3 cool things happened:

1) It wasn't cancelled, so the price isn't a mistake. I received a USPS tracking number this morning.

2) Jennifer emailed to inform me the auto shipping calculator had estimated high, so they already refunded $15 of my shipping charge.

3) She noticed it was shipping to a LE agency, and advised they offer LE discounts in response to quote requests from an official email. This includes personal orders as well.

I think that's all very excellent customer service!

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy crap, a discount on a $15 item? Crazy talk! I also had no idea that cops used 12g in their launchers. Pretty cool.

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was wondering the same thing. What about 3" 12ga.? Can other 12ga adapters handle it? I only buy 2.75" anyway so NBD.

View Quote

The reloadable shells 12g adapter is rated for 3.5" rounds. It's 6061... So it's not like it's adamantium or anything. Hmmmmm. Maybe the DI folks are just playing it safe and have lawyered up the discription?

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I received them and they look good. 12ga falls in/out of them. I suppose that's normal. I'll probably wrap some tape around the bases of each shell, so they won't fall out of the adapter during manipulation. I've never heard of cops using them. They're for me.

I see these 12ga Shell Cracker (bird bombs) are $1.32 each: http://www.suttonag.com/shell_crackers.html
That's significantly cheaper than this Safariland 12ga Aerial Warning Munition, which is $13. I don't see a quantity specified.
Their 40mm ones are $38, but can go out to 300m.

Are there any other sources for 12ga "bird bombs"? Seems like they'd be more fun than chalk rounds, and less expensive. Sutton Ag states theirs should be fired from a barrel at least 20 inches long. Why is that? Propellant burn rate??

I suspect I'll probably end up in the DD reloading game. I'd like some factory-produced examples for comparison though.

At least I can now fire buckshot better than M576.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Unfired 12g drops in / falls out from destiny densley's 12g adapter shells also...pretty sure thats normal...though after firing they might not drop out as easily. I haven't tested them yet.

At any rate, thanks for posting up. I haven't got mine yet. Hopefully soon!

If you want buckshot and to reload, it's time you got a couple of 40mm Cannon Rounds from reloadable shells. You can shoot some pretty beastly payloads out of that thing and it can be quickly reloaded at the range and reused over and over.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Those look pretty cool. Idk if I really need any buckshot better than 12ga, and I'm not interested in flechettes. I like munitions which fly downrange and explode.

Is that really any fun to reload at the range? I figure it's better to do all the real reloading at home, and just pull live rounds out of pouches for range reloading.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#16]
If one was a high roller, they'd just buy a couple dozen of them and not reload at the range I suppose. I'm not that rich so I just bought 2 of them to start. These shells are capable of launching 50% more buckshot than a 12g shell...maybe more. I think they are what 576 was supposed to be.

The bases that the shells use are also part of an expanding system of reloadable ammo that RS is designing. They already have a reusable smoke grenade version. Not sure what else is on the drawing board for future releases but the design is pretty much the pinnacle when it comes to the 40mm launcher design specs. It allows for the most powerful powder charges using smokeless powder, which is why I was intrigued by them.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I received them and they look good. 12ga falls in/out of them. I suppose that's normal. I'll probably wrap some tape around the bases of each shell, so they won't fall out of the adapter during manipulation. I've never heard of cops using them. They're for me.

I see these 12ga Shell Cracker (bird bombs) are $1.32 each: http://www.suttonag.com/shell_crackers.html
That's significantly cheaper than this Safariland 12ga Aerial Warning Munition, which is $13. I don't see a quantity specified.

Are there any other sources for 12ga "bird bombs"? Seems like they'd be more fun than chalk rounds, and less expensive. Sutton Ag states theirs should be fired from a barrel at least 20 inches long. Why is that? Propellant burn rate??
Y

I suspect I'll probably end up in the DD reloading game. I'd like some factory-produced examples for comparison though.

View Quote

you could always make your own 40mm bird bombs using black powder.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the heads up.  I picked up a few.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those bangers are restricted. Gotta have a FEL for some of them now.

Does using those inserts convert your 40mm into an AOW?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#20]
It remains a DD.

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone tested theirs yet? I got a couple in 20g and a couple in 12g during dmg's recent labor day free shipping deal. They look good...but the proof is in the pudding. Still not sure why Magnum loads are supposedly not "OK" for these...

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#22]
anyone else notice that these are $59.95/ea now? This may be the first time in history where being an "early adopter" was the cheapest possible alternative.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Glad I went back and scooped up some more. Now I have a bandoleer full for $15 ea. Going to have to shoot a round of sporting clays now with these things.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#24]
These are now $14.99 and in the clearance section. Me thinks the slow sales rate of 40mm civilian stuff has motivated them to drop the product...if their "once it's gone, it's gone!" headline is to be believed. Free shipping if you spend over $100. I got 4 plus a few other small things. Can't hurt to stock up while they are available...
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
These are now $14.99 and in the clearance section. Me thinks the slow sales rate of 40mm civilian stuff has motivated them to drop the product...if their "once it's gone, it's gone!" headline is to be believed. Free shipping if you spend over $100. I got 4 plus a few other small things. Can't hurt to stock up while they are available...
View Quote

Damn it.  I bought 6 and I don't even have a 40mm.  

Going to try to get them turned down for my 37mm DD.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#26]
mine arrived today. They look good. They still have them in stock, and on sale, if anyone is interested. Dunno if the 'free shipping when ordering $100+" deal still applies though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#27]
out of stock
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:out of stock
View Quote
The 20ga ones are still available if anyone wants those. At that price is in the "why not?" category for me. I could always sell it later and get at least $15 out of it, especially if they do stop making them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top