Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:17:12 AM EDT
Anyone know where to find a GAU 8 30mm Barrel?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Was looking for an uncut barrel that isn't 5k.... lol i already know about CDVS.

{5k is almost the price of a new GAU 8 barrel!} .....and I'm cheap!

Just looking for the deals. I know they are around.

My Local DD shop will sell me one for $1500, but I've seen them go for 500-1000 before. Was hoping to find another in that range.

Thanks!

Located in AZ
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was looking for an uncut barrel that isn't 5k.... lol i already know about CDVS.

{5k is almost the price of a new GAU 8 barrel!} .....and I'm cheap!

Just looking for the deals. I know they are around.

My Local DD shop will sell me one for $1500, but I've seen them go for 500-1000 before. Was hoping to find another in that range.

Thanks!

Located in AZ
View Quote

I would take that one for $1500, I cant image these selling for as cheap as $500. There are AR15 barrels that cost more than that. Hell just the scrap value alone of a barrel that size is prob a $100 haha
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
lol they are just that, scrap!

Milsurp's supposed to be cheap! We already paid for it once, right?

Im also open to a M230 30mm barrel with the break on it, but that things a total unicorn.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you need the chamber and the full length? I've seen muzzle ends from the GAU-8 for well under $1,000, about 5' long and about 1.5" to 2" on the ends. For the chamber half, they seem to go for about $1,000 these days. If you can get one for $1,500 and you don't want it, please send me the contact information. I'll buy it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I want a full uncut one with chamber. As I'm hell bent on DD's right now.

a 30mm bag gun would be cool, and way fucking cheaper to shoot.

but. meh. lol

Pm me your number ill pass you along.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope you're proud of what you've done. I'll send a PM presently.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/566146965 ETA: has holes drilled in it, unsure if they are gas port holes or demill holes.

gunbroker "30mm barrel" produces a couple from shady grady. He's a member here IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/566146965 ETA: has holes drilled in it, unsure if they are gas port holes or demill holes.

gunbroker "30mm barrel" produces a couple from shady grady. He's a member here IIRC.
View Quote

Already saw that one, there's a reason it's been up for $1k for at least two years now.

"shadygrady" is one heck of a great seller and a great guy, from my limited interaction. Great guy. I'm just cheap, and while I'm certain his $6k GAU-8 barrels are mint and worth every cent, it's more than I want to spend to upgrade from my sad looking 4' barrel.

This other guy, however... $1,500 seems like a fair price for an intact barrel even if it's a little rusty, if Spartikis doesn't buy it first as fair is fair and he asked before I did.

Hopefully Easy_Enough gets back to me, but screw it I'm filing the F1 anyway. 4' will still be fun, if not super high muzzle velocity!

ETA: For the holes, perhaps neither. Chamber pressure gauge, perhaps? Who knows, at this point. It may have even been an odd attempt at making a muzzle loading cannon. I bet it could be fixed safely, but it's not worth doing for the base cost of the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Already saw that one, there's a reason it's been up for $1k for at least two years now.

"shadygrady" is one heck of a great seller and a great guy, from my limited interaction. Great guy. I'm just cheap, and while I'm certain his $6k GAU-8 barrels are mint and worth every cent, it's more than I want to spend to upgrade from my sad looking 4' barrel.

This other guy, however... $1,500 seems like a fair price for an intact barrel even if it's a little rusty, if Spartikis doesn't buy it first as fair is fair and he asked before I did.

Hopefully Easy_Enough gets back to me, but screw it I'm filing the F1 anyway. 4' will still be fun, if not super high muzzle velocity!

ETA: For the holes, perhaps neither. Chamber pressure gauge, perhaps? Who knows, at this point. It may have even been an odd attempt at making a muzzle loading cannon. I bet it could be fixed safely, but it's not worth doing for the base cost of the barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not in the market for one at the moment. Was going to start a 30mm cannon project but decided the funds would be better spent paying off my mortgage. That and trying to find a place to shoot something of this caliber would be tough, only place I know of is a family member who owns a farm and he lives 4+ hours away.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shady has a couple for $1000
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/561403018

ETA well shit, nevermind, looks like the chamber is cut off them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
That's the problem exactly. I've checked all the usual places and searched around quite well, but it seems like the two that have them advertised online are shadygrady and CDVS.

As I said, if Easy_Enough doesn't get back to me with details on the $1,500 full length, I'll just use the 4' one I have until I do find one. Not the end of the world by any means, but I truly appreciate you looking. Let us all know if you find any deals, anything less than $5k right now for an intact barrel seems like a bargain.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's the problem exactly. I've checked all the usual places and searched around quite well, but it seems like the two that have them advertised online are shadygrady and CDVS.

As I said, if Easy_Enough doesn't get back to me with details on the $1,500 full length, I'll just use the 4' one I have until I do find one. Not the end of the world by any means, but I truly appreciate you looking. Let us all know if you find any deals, anything less than $5k right now for an intact barrel seems like a bargain.
View Quote

Sent ya a couple of contacts via PM. Let me know what they say.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks! I'll have to make some calls later today, or this weekend. Or are they not around on weekends?

Either way, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]
jestertoo, no luck... and the numbers both went to the same fellow! Boy did I feel like an ass... but in any case, he was able to give me a lead of where to keep looking. Nothing yet, but if I find a source I'll keep you in mind as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top