Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2016 1:57:49 PM EDT
I'm looking to purchase 10-50 flechette rounds for my M203.

Any idea where to purchase them?

Thanks,

Kent
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
P.S.  Anybody who reloads them?  I'd be happy to pay you to reload some for me.  And sign a release of liability.  PM me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheaper than dirt used to have the small ones by the pound.
I wouldn't know about legality of such a thing given a shorter than 18" barrel.
I am positive the large single flechette round driven by an encapsulated powder charge is unlawful without the necessary BATF tax stamp and $200 tax stamp.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am positive the large single flechette round driven by an encapsulated powder charge is unlawful without the necessary BATF tax stamp and $200 tax stamp.
View Quote

This is the DD forum, and OP was asking about DD ammo for his M203 grenade launcher, so, pretty sure it's already a stamped large bore destructive device we're talking about here.

To OP - think that like most things DD, you're going to be stuck reloading your own; or google- or bing- or whatever-searching high and low to find the handful of people that cater to the non-military domestic DD end-user market.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is the DD forum, and OP was asking about DD ammo for his M203 grenade launcher, so, pretty sure it's already a stamped large bore destructive device we're talking about here.

To OP - think that like most things DD, you're going to be stuck reloading your own; or google- or bing- or whatever-searching high and low to find the handful of people that cater to the non-military domestic DD end-user market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This........ CDVS had the flechettes
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Best solution I've found is the often suggested Cannon 40mm reloadables, wads, and a few pounds of flechettes. Alternatively, if you really want to go whole-hog, you could attempt a copy of the General Dynamics 40mm HVCC M1001, the CQC round for the Mk19. Reducing the design velocity and/or payload would be easy in comparison to reverse engineering it entirely from pictures.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Try this guy. I've got one of his 40mm to 12 gauge adapters. Nice quality.

Website link:
40mm cannon round

Gunbroker auction link:
40mm cannon round GB
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:30:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Gonna have to try to make some of these. Those reloadable canon rounds seem like they'd be handy to make lots of ammo for a DD...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/37mm_Reloading.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#9]
This has not been discussed in a succinct manner, but the reloading of shell greater the 0.5" is the manufacture of a DD. Each round must be registered on a BATFE Form 1 before making them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This has not been discussed in a succinct manner, but the reloading of shell greater the 0.5" is the manufacture of a DD. Each round must be registered on a BATFE Form 1 before making them.
View Quote
Do you have a source for that info? I thought the only thing which makes the round itself a DD is when they contain more than .25 oz of explosive(s). In all other instances anti-personnel rounds don't require registration, because the launcher itself is the DD.

Even if you load flechette in 37mm, there's no DD unless a 37mm launcher is additionally possessed... Then that launcher becomes a DD, because anti-personnel rounds are with it. The rounds themselves don't acquire DD status until the 1/4 oz explosive amount is exceeded.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  This has not been discussed in a succinct manner, but the reloading of shell greater the 0.5" is the manufacture of a DD. Each round must be registered on a BATFE Form 1 before making them.
View Quote

You need to post that in the shotshell reloading forum.  They've got a lot of paperwork to catch up on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it is not.

To OP, no one can reload these for you without a manufacturer of ammo for DD FFL. You cannot sell DD ammo you reload without the proper FFL.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have never seen, or heard, anything about this from ATF.  And I have found myself pretty deeply (deeper than I'd like to be sometimes) involved in the DD market.  The closest I have seen to this is an apparently rogue ATF field office trying to say that any ammo over .5" did not have the propellant in it exempted from explosives storage regulations and explosives licensing requirements.  Even if it was the same powder used in your .300 win mag.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do you have a source for that info? I thought the only thing which makes the round itself a DD is when they contain more than .25 oz of explosive(s). In all other instances anti-personnel rounds don't require registration, because the launcher itself is the DD.

Even if you load flechette in 37mm, there's no DD unless a 37mm launcher is additionally possessed... Then that launcher becomes a DD, because anti-personnel rounds are with it. The rounds themselves don't acquire DD status until the 1/4 oz explosive amount is exceeded.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I really wish people would stop posting bad info like they are an authority. I mean come on, if you're not sure either don't post at all or put "I think" as a preface. Someday a fellow arfcommer is going to google search and find your post... When it comes to legal issues like this, hopefully they are going to find the right answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top