Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2016 9:10:02 PM EDT
So I broke down and ordered a M203.

Once I saw the owner of a M203 had a mold where he could pour resin to make a simple projectile for cheap reloading.  Does anyone know what mold that would have been and if they are still available on the market?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#1]
You're thinking of Grog. I'm not certain if he still offers the molds, but you can ask him here: http://www.freewebs.com/grog/
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

It seems like I never see any discussion about M203s with out a mention of Grog.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
That's because he's one of very few living experts on 40x46mm weaponry in the US. Off the top of my head, I can only think of three, and two are retired.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Last I checked he didn't offer them anymore, but do check out reloadableshells.com

One thing that can be done, is to find someone with a casting, and make your own mold of it and repeat.

I think there were issues with shrinkage though, I still have one somewhere I just so happened to have stumbled on it in the woods haven't gotten around to cloning it though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased molds years ago from a guy named Mike Patterson.  I am not sure if he is still in the business but here is his contact info:

Mike Patterson
104 Allen Street
Weather ford, TX 76086
817-613-6070

He makes molds for pusher wads and nose cones for both 40mm and 37mm.  He may even make reusable projos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top